It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is My Jetpack? & The Rest Of The Futuristic Technology We Thought We Were Getting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So um yeah we have been waiting forever and ever for jetpacks for the public. Not only that but countless technological advancements from robotics to nanotechnology. I have a sinking feeling that technology has been stone walled for some reason.
This thread is to discuss what has happened to the advanced technology our society was supposed to develop.
There may be reasons why advanced technology hasnt been employed in our society here we can discuss some of them.
We can also discuss some basic things technology can do now and how future technology may be changed to aid our current society in various ways.
Besides jetpacks is there anything we thought we may get but it never happened?

edit on 4-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
No kidding, Right !

All the inventions and medical cures I have heard about during my long life just seem to disappear under the stack of newer stuff that never seems to make it to market..
Send or spend money on stuff like Fusion power and in another 20 years we will have it perfected ! Man I have heard that one at least I don't know how many times !

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Simple really.

We as a race aren't ready.

We would only kill ourselves or others.

Some douche somewhere would rig his reactor into a fusion bomb, or dirty bomb etc....

ET would be forced to respond as soon as we started " colonizing" inhabited worlds....

We just aren't ready yet.

We are doing bad enough with what we have now.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
Simple really.
Some douche somewhere would rig his reactor into a fusion bomb, or dirty bomb etc....
ET would be forced to respond as soon as we started " colonizing" inhabited worlds....

Oh cmon you really believe that BS?
You mean we dont have advanced technology because we arent ready to use it yet?
What would it take to pass the ok now we are ready portion of the life exam we seem to be failing badly at?
edit on 5-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh hellz no...you should see the people in florida try and drive...most cant pass each other in the hallway right!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was just thinking the same thing the other day , when i was a child a television programme that was on was Tomorrows World I saw all kind of wonderful things that just vanished into the night .

We went from horse and cart to the moon in 60 years , yet we have to develop the tech to go back

Humans are being held back for what ever reason

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Our progression through technology is easy, that is until we are done with all the easy technology, after that it becomes complicated, dangerous and slow the more we try to advance, only to come to a complete stop as we meet impossible barriers that technology can't pass.

The jetpack is one of those technologies, it meets the barriers of gravity, mass/weight and efficient fuel...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Area 51 and on the shelves in very secure safes owned by the Military industrial complex, Big Oil and Big Pharma.

Besides, could you imagine the combination of jet packs and cell phones.

They would be falling out of the sky following collision after collision.

Be like watching Autumn leaves falling.

Slaves don't need that tech.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I was just thinking the same thing the other day , when i was a child a television programme that was on was Tomorrows World I saw all kind of wonderful things that just vanished into the night .

We went from horse and cart to the moon in 60 years , yet we have to develop the tech to go back

Humans are being held back for what ever reason

I know right where is all the advanced technologies stuff?
WTF happened?
I have yet to understand what the whole we cant do that logic is and why anyone would ever believe that BS.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Really. I've been wondering the same thing.
Sometimes it seems like we're actually going backwards when you think about transportation systems these days. In 1950 I could have gotten to work by streetcar, bus, train, cab or car. Today it's car or a poorly routed and expensive bus ride.

Besides all of that I get ticked off everyday by the mere fact that clothing still contains multiple scratchy ribbon tags. Why do I need 4 scratchy tags in the waistband of my jeans??? We have the technology to print that stuff on.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Simple really.

Oh cmon you really believe that BS?
What would it take to pass the ok now we are ready portion of the life exam we seem to be failing badly at?

It is quite easy really.

What are we doing with the tech we have now?

Just with cars...drunk driving, suiciding by driving at high speed down wrong side of the road, getting revenge by driving into people and houses...

Come on, we are barely trust worthy with what we have right now.

Make the tech factors more powerful.....stupid people would suicide a town with a reactor, are God forbid a space ship with close to light speed travel....a car sized ship at that speed would end this world.

I believe we have the ability to do much more right now.

I believe it is suppressed, rightly, to protect us all from idiots.

Noe imagine the possibilities of a drunk douche mad at his exwife with some of this stuff in his hands.

People do retarded stuff.

We as a species aren't ready yet.

It is that simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
No kidding, Right !

All the inventions and medical cures I have heard about during my long life just seem to disappear under the stack of newer stuff that never seems to make it to market..

Send or spend money on stuff like Fusion power and in another 20 years we will have it perfected ! Man I have heard that one at least I don't know how many times !

At least the medical cures but nooooo we cant have that either, what do we get instead more diseases and cancers comming out of the woodwork.

Of course theres always biotechnology and things like life extension but nooooo we cant have that were never going to be ready to live forever and alter our DNA at will. . . .

Fusion power is supposed to be here but noooooo we cant have that some jack arse will try and make a jetpack out of one and blow us all to kingdom come.

So what will we have in the next 100 years nothing, becuase of the same age old exucuse we arent ready for such advanced things.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Simple really.

Aw cmon you really believe that BS?

It is quite easy really.
Just with cars...drunk driving, suiciding by driving at high speed down wrong side of the road, getting revenge by driving into people and houses...
Make the tech factors more powerful.....stupid people would suicide a town with a reactor, are God forbid a space ship with close to light speed travel....a car sized ship at that speed would end this world.
Now imagine the possibilities of a drunk douche mad at his exwife with some of this stuff in his hands.
It is that simple.

THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW
Good points however I think there are counter measures to idiots doing stupid things.

For example if your worried about lightspeed in the atmosphere give the tech an auto shut off, or just put a shield around the earth and or cities. There is always another way, but to hold everyone back for the actions of the few is pretty moronic.

When in your opinion will we be ready?
When there are no more idiots?
The only way to accomplish that is to download infinate knowledge into everyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wouldn't it just make sense to throw all that stuff out there and let the idiots all kill themselves off with it........we could then pick up all the dead idiots, bury them and move on.....kind of tough eugenics in a way......

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Because Tony Stark does not like to share

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Wouldn't it just make sense to throw all that stuff out there and let the idiots all kill themselves off with it........we could then pick up all the dead idiots, bury them and move on.....kind of tough eugenics in a way......

Lolz I dunno but I think we might be ok. . . .

I dont think people would blow themselves up at all, in fact just make sure its all idiot proof.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Area 51 and on the shelves in very secure safes owned by the Military industrial complex, Big Oil and Big Pharma.

Besides, could you imagine the combination of jet packs and cell phones.

They would be falling out of the sky following collision after collision.

Be like watching Autumn leaves falling.

Slaves don't need that tech.

P

Future depopulation agenda strategy.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I dont care if they have to mind control the world into being a more advanced society as long as I get my god darned jetpack.

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES! I WANT MY GOD DA##ED JETPACK!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Simple really.

Aw cmon you really believe that BS?

It is quite easy really.
Now imagine the possibilities of a drunk douche mad at his exwife with some of this stuff in his hands.
It is that simple.

THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW
Good points however I think there are counter measures to idiots doing stupid things.

For example if your worried about lightspeed in the atmosphere give the tech an auto shut off, or just put a shield around the earth and or cities. There is always another way, but to hold everyone back for the actions of the few is pretty moronic.

When in your opinion will we be ready?
When there are no more idiots?
The only way to accomplish that is to download infinate knowledge into everyone.

There is no way of knowing when we will evolve enough socially as a whole to be ready.

But to endanger all because a few want to force the star trek age on those not ready makes no sense.

Might as well start handing out solid state lasers and nukes right now.....can you guess how long before an idiot blows up a city or downs a airliner with hundreds aboard?

How many times a year does some douche with a laser pointer endanger an aircraft right now?

I want jet packs, fusion reactors and spaceships as well.

Some of us would be just fine with it.

But many wouldn't.

And it wouldn't take many douche bags to kill everyone.
edit on 5-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join