It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin A Protects Against Measles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Look, Smee, you're not getting it right, and I don't want to explain it again. I don't want to have to continue repeating myself over and over and over, on this thread and others.

But in this thread, I'm discussing measles, and I've alluded to the fact (in this thread or another) that I treat each illness and vaccine separately. Sometimes, like in instance of polio, I obviously prefer a vaccine. With measles, not so much.

If you can't understand that, there's nothing more I can do for you.

ETA: "Hook" is one of my favorite Robin Williams movies.

edit on 5-2-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Bedlam

Look, Smee, you're not getting it right, and I don't want to explain it again. I don't want to have to continue repeating myself over and over and over, on this thread and others.

Then don't! Problem solved.

But in this thread, I'm discussing measles.

Good for you! It's a fun topic. Not that anyone owns turf here, but unless Boadicea is your sock puppet, it's not even a thread you started, BTW.

If you can't understand that, there's nothing more I can do for you.

ETA: "Hook" is one of my favorite Robin Williams movies.

Thank God! I thought you'd keep trying.

It's one of mine as well. If you could have worn out the DVD, the kids would have.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: westcoast
Honestly, the problem with this, is that it's hard to find. Sure...you can look at this: CDC page on side effect rates

BUT...if we're honest about it, no matter which side of the fence we fall on, we KNOW that not nearly all of the reactions are reported. I know this first-hand, because my son nearly died from it, but wasn't reported as an adverse reaction because it wasn't even a known reaction for almost two years AFTER it happened.

The problem is, it gets anecdotal. The non-anecdotal evidence is that the vaccines aren't very dangerous. Grant you, out of a large population of people you'll get awful side-effects with aspirin with a few people. And some vaccines are rough, the smallpox vaccine is awful.

If you look on the document I linked, under the MMRV vaccine, you'll see in the 1 in 40,000 with a severe bleeding disorder) My son almost bled to death at 1 1/2 yrs old. At the time, I researched the heck out of it, because no one knew why it happened, just the the mucus lining in his stomach and upper intestines bled and only vitamin K stopped it. I was told by children's hospital, that they averaged (at the time, about 18 yrs ago) 6 similar cases a year, all around the same age with the same symptoms with unknown causes. Of course, there is NO way to know for sure if these are/were being caused by the MMR, but I believe there are/were.

Now. If vitamin K stopped it, then it was NOT the MMR. If you look at the document, you will see that the adverse event was a low platelet count. Vitamin K does not correct for low platelet count. So if your child was bleeding due to thrombocytopenia, vitamin K would not have reversed it, and he would have continued to bleed. Vitamin K is given for accidental coumadin consumption or K deficiency. A lot of kids are vitamin K deficient anyway, all infants are K deficient until they start on solid food.

It's cases like this...ones that are suspected, but not reported that really, really bother me as a parent. I almost lost my child because of it.

Fear not, if K fixed it, it wasn't the MMR.

You REALLY want to debate this issue? Then how about we talk about TRUTHS and the realities of BOTH the good and the bad when it comes to vaccines. Let's not blanket it all in the stupid, tote-the-line attitude of anti-vaccine hate propaganda?

Point out the hate propaganda part.

Yes, he had thrombocytopenia.

The Vitamin K didn't 'fix' it, it helped the lining stop to bleed. He had to have three blood transfusions. His blood count was down to 15, where organs start shutting down.

I really do know what I'm talking about. Not only did I do extensive research into this, I also have a medical background.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it is true,www.ugly.info... seriously doubt that this is true.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
You do not have the right to infect me.

How could they. Aren't you vaxxed? How are all the vaxxed people worried about getting sick from UN vaxxed people? Unless... the vaccine don't work.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

If getting a vaccination meant 100% of the time those people were immune no one would give a damn about those who didn't get vaccinated. Let natural selection remove them from the gene pool.

Until there is a vaccine for stupid we will just have keep educating people.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
You do not have the right to infect me.

How could they. Aren't you vaxxed? How are all the vaxxed people worried about getting sick from UN vaxxed people? Unless... the vaccine don't work.

Start here.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: health003

Thanks for the link... good info! I got a "page not found" message at first, but searched and found the article on the website from the original link: How to Deal With Stress

I especially appreciated the reference to nature being a stress burner... my garden is my sanctuary. It's impossible to stay angry or frustrated or even sad in my garden. Digging, pruning, weeding... all are great ways to get frustration out -- and a little exercise to boot!

But I have to confess that I'm a little confused by your message. What works? And what doesn't work?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Too much Vitamin A can lead to serious medical issues, perhaps worse than measles...It gets stored in the blood and excess is not filtered out of the body.

Polar Bear liver is filled with 30,000 IUs of Vitamin A. A single bite would cause extremely serious health issues.

Take it from someone who has been chronically Vitamin A deficient from childhood and had many, many painful shots in the hip...I still got measles!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join