It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

past and present black secrets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What's that black triangle-thingy next to the F-117?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I was wondering what the black triangle thing next to the T-38 was.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Aurora?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

A TR3B, of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No no! It's TIER Three!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Have a friend that was in the stan.

They used to go in whatever was available at the time while driving in their humvees.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Seamrog

A TR3B, of course.

I'm catching on now...that's the thingy that the Russians can shoot down with a mosin?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just in case you guys want to identify top secret aircraft.
here is the guide.

lol

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
oh and btw.

what was the deal with this?

was it a movie prop or an actual black project part?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It's the canopy from the A-12 Avenger II. Not a black project, just one that died a horrifyingly long protracted death after going about 9000% over budget, and 200 years behind schedule.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Bedlam

Seriously cracking me up. Fancy hand signals I'm all about it. I'm going to try that one out on the GF And when she's like wtf, I'm just going to say sorry top secret.

Oh right jenga. Lol. So I always have this tendency to play jenga with a chick that I'm on the first date with. That way there is no doubt in her mind that my pull out game is strong...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Just in case you guys want to identify top secret aircraft.
here is the guide.

lol

this is my new favorite picture of the week by the way...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

If there is a ats store some one should turn that into a poster and sell that asap

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I still think the best I've seen/checked is the SABRE/SKYLON designs. Very doable with present tech, may have been pushing it 30yrs ago, but he designed it that long ago. UK supposed kept him hanging.

I believe We (Britain) and US are working on it and HAVE been for at least 20yrs as prototype stealth SABRE engined craft. Testing various designs of Heat Exchangers etc that would have own individual uses in many other top aircraft too.

Mach 7-8 with Mach 15 + Boost, who would NOT pursue that with every team they could put on it, you'd be a FOOL not to. IF this guy was a waiter and came up with this idea, OK, would need serious convincing. This is Prof Alan Bond, son of Movie spy James Bond (don't know which clone he is from lol Just kidding for the slower of you), joking aside Prof. Bond is a proper genius, not someone who would waste 30yrs on something not good.

edit on 5-2-2015 by PYak1976 because: Big edit as very late, toio many errors ;-)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This diagram of aircraft Outlines (SWAMP Gas) is MY desktop, made me really laugh first time I saw it.

a reply to: grey580

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

True, true.

But the nighthawk had one of the best laser designations and I.r sensors of the time so unless there was super bad weather or(to me seems more probable) before the 117 gets there , it's little friend helps knocks down the radars and I.d important time critical moving targets. Paints the important target and bombs away.

I wonder if the shadow was able to strike targets it's self, if not just to take ot radar or SAM sites.

So I was totally fishing there, I had no idea of the F117 laser designator capability, wanted to see if someone would spill!

But, if you have stealth, would you want your companion beaming EW? I thought the Stealth would beat the SAM and destroy Command and Comms, then you don't want sams to go active so anti radiation missiles can clean up?

So you send a flight of stealth over and recreate Dresden in Bagdad 20 minutes behind 100 anti radar missiles picking up the dams trying to track the nighthawks?

Or could the companion jam on the way out once the cover was blown?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PYak1976
Hi ATS,

I still think the best I've seen/checked is the SABRE/SKYLON designs. Very doable with present tech, may have been pushing it 30yrs ago, but he designed it that long ago. UK supposed kept him hanging.

I believe We (Britain) and US are working on it and HAVE been for at least 20yrs as prototype stealth SABRE engined craft. Testing various designs of Heat Exchangers etc that would have own individual uses in many other top aircraft too.

Mach 7-8 with Mach 15 + Boost, who would NOT pursue that with every team they could put on it, you'd be a FOOL not to. IF this guy was a waiter and came up with this idea, OK, would need serious convincing. This is Prof Alan Bond, son of Movie spy James Bond (don't know which clone he is from lol Just kidding for the slower of you), joking aside Prof. Bond is a proper genius, not someone who would waste 30yrs on something not good.

You know we (Britain) had to jump through a lot of hoops (look up Replica, IIRC it was to prove we can do stealth (to get on JSF and even their Zaph says we won't get all the top stuff.

I don't think the special relationship extends that far. However as I have been corrected, secret us jets at raf based and raf personnel on us aircraft perhaps something outside industry, defense research? I dunno.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Don't forget about those rockets on your subs we gave you. And the rides on the B-2s

I want a ride on one and I live in the us, but no luck so far.

We love the u.k

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Got your PM, but I can't reply right now because lack of posts.
5 letters... I think

edit on 622015 by spaceman42 because: because I can

edit on 622015 by spaceman42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I found the companion aircraft to the F-117 guys!

Zaph, you can slap me now.

Pffft...you guys got it all wrong.

That's clearly a MiG-28 next to the F-117. How come no one of you has ever seen Top Gun

BTW playing jenga...?

CANNOT...UNSEE...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join