It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

past and present black secrets

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: boomer135
I know first hand that three letter agencies pay attention to these threads. lol

How do I sign up and get paid money for that job? I'm already on here enough as it is...

I'd like to think I give them something to laugh about now and then. Here's one for today:

A UFO!

LMAO! looks like a weather balloon though...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Swamp gas reflecting off Venus.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nope. Weird cloud formation I think...it has to be...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thats the TR-3b!!!!! Ohhh you're going to get in so much trouble for posting that pic.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cjf5150
I started reading this thread with great interest, just like I have with many others over the past 1.5 years, but find that it fades out similar to others. I noticed there are probably a couple of guys on here to post that actually know something about secret aircraft/UFO associated stuff, but always dance around real answers if they know it. Then there are a few who are well versed in the subject and can make great educated guesses. Then there are a bunch of guys like me who have a burning interest in the subject, but don't have any connections or direct knowledge of anything.

That's why these threads turn out too frustrating sometimes. I'm always reading to find out more...hoping someone chimes in with detail that really hits the nail on the head. But the few who know some real details have to give vague information for fear of some kind of retribution. It's like there is never more than 80% of what you need. Frustrating!

I've never been big on speculation. However, i will make an educated guess from time to time and value the educated guesses of some people on here. Most of what i say in these threads is either what ive seen with my own eyes or heard about personally (90%), information that comes from good friends of mine still in the air force (one whos a boom operator at Edwards AFB ((8%)), and the other 2 percent based on educated guesses.

And heres one thing about NDA's thats not well known. Just because a program or whatever it may be is declassified, doesnt mean your released from the NDA right away. It could take years after a program is declassified before you can legally talk about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
NInja turtle one to tower. requesting fly by.
NEgative Ninja turtle shell is full.
Ninja turtle 1 zooms by at 100 ft mach 2
Tower
AMN NINJA TURTLE!!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Oh, the stories that may be told once the NDA's expire. Problem is - anyone remember from the onboardings? Likely the last thing on anyone's mind at the time are those dates.
edit on 18-2-2015 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TAGBOARD

Oh, the stories that may be told once the NDA's expire. Problem is - anyone remember from the onboardings? Likely the last thing on anyone's mind at the time are those dates.

lol. plus your alot less likely to be in trouble if you say something after a classification downgrade anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock

Actually there i s a way to tell its size,but its really complicated. If you had its GPS location and access to google maps with a read out of say height of satelite picture relative to the ground level. ALso looks like its either morning or late in the afternoon.

But thats pretty cool. A flying drafting tool.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

originally posted by: penroc3

Ohhhh man so many words....funny how it seems to work, people inadvertently getting something right.

*** pulling that pic seemed a little dramatic I thought that was a simi-known about thing,was it a 18 or 22 I forget now.

well be careful there. lol. nobody inadvertently got it right. the person who used the word wasnt talking about the aircraft at all. it was just a word he used in a random sentence.

What stiletto? or lancer? or spearhead? They could a just called it poleaxe.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: CiTrus90

Lol I didn't even notice that till right there.

I liked iceman better anyway

Well Iceman was a "real genius" and a "saint" when it comes to flying. HE can be my wingman anytime. As for maverick Friendly fire is useful at times i hear.

@Mystic Muschroom. Interesting about that silicone covering. Seems it be very useful on say a single seat underwater craft with perfect laminar flow around it. Using a motorized tail could help stabilize such a beast prolly. It was a concept on a Seaquest DSV episode. called a stinger or gazelle.
edit on 15uppam by yuppa because: interseting fact added

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
ohhh that saint I forgot about that movie. the girl in that was pretty cute

It’s interesting that the QUARTZ aircraft was planned to have a 60m wing span and be unmanned, I think area 51 has a hanger with very large doors on it. I wonder if what ever is in there(im sure it’s the RQ-180) has some of DARKSTAR’s and QUARTZ’s DNA in it?

I wonder what Senior Prom was doing in DS1 and if it hung around the F117

if any mods see this this is penroc3, im having a little password issue and need some help.

edit on 20-2-2015 by penroc55 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Is there a given date(year) where you are able to talk about what you've seen? I know I read on secretprojects that circa 2021-2022 is the declassification date for SCI Projects from the late 70s to early 80s.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24

Is there a given date(year) where you are able to talk about what you've seen? I know I read on secretprojects that circa 2021-2022 is the declassification date for SCI Projects from the late 70s to early 80s.

Is different for different things. The ndas don't state on there when it will be declassified. However there is a statue of limitations of sorts in the laws. Stuff like roswell and jfk assassination are classified for 75 years. some things are 50. But of course the government can just extend it in the interest of national security and all that bs. Anyone that has told you a specific year when something will be declassified is pretty much guessing. My guess is they are badging that on the 50 year mark.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You sure? I've seen lots of documents online either released by Snowden or on .mil/gov sites with declassification dates in the margins. Seems like it should be illegal to classify things for 50-75 years(but it isn't
).

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24

You sure? I've seen lots of documents online either released by Snowden or on .mil/gov sites with declassification dates in the margins. Seems like it should be illegal to classify things for 50-75 years(but it isn't
).

Let me rephrase that. I've never signed an nda that had a date on it. You asked if there is a given date where I'm allowed to talk about stuFf. I'm sure they're is but they wouldn't tell us what that date is. I have seen docs with dates in the margins but those dates are only put there after a classification board has reviewed it for release.

What I'm saying about those guys saying such and such will be released on this date don't know for sure the actual year. And if they do really know the date then they just revealed classified info. Everything inside a classified doc, including writing in margins, is automatically classified to the highest classification of the doc. Even if by itself it wouldn't be classified.

A good example is before we flew on combat missions, we received a secret briefing from Intel about various threats etc. Well the weather briefing for that day was included in the brief. So the weather brief became classified secret.

But yes I'm sure every doc after review has a date for declassification on it. However, unlike the Snowden docs, only people authorized to see those docs would know the date.

The reason I didn't see many dates on the stuff I saw was because it was all current stuff that hasn't gone through review yet. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

Oh and I don't think it should be illegal. There's certain things that just don't ever need to be revealed. A good example is durine SIOP training we learn the list of the primary country, secondary country, and the five axis of evil countries and the order they are in. That stuff would do more harm to us than good if released, even if most of us can figure it out anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've had a few NDAs that stated they would expire if the document declassed. Two maybe that stated that they voided if the material became widely known (they were S and not TS). By far, you're technically stuck with it unless you're formally released even IF it declasses and becomes public knowledge.

In practice, if it declasses through a normal route, you can get away with talking about the generalities, but if you start naming people, places and less common facts you can easily piss them right off anyway.

And for stuff that ends up blown (Snowden et al) it's way safer NOT to discuss it, buy the book, surf wikileaks (oh hell no) or anything of that sort. Because they're unhappy anyway, and you are not authorized for that info, and it's still S or TS or whatever, and while they can't vent their spleen on Joe Public, they'd be more than happy to be pissy with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just seems kind of ironic that the date something is supposed to be declassified is itself Classified.And I swear I remember a ruling that basically said Gov employees could read stuff like wikileaks, Snowden docs, newspapers/books/magazines with the stuff as long as you weren't reading it from a .gov computer system? This was after a number of back and fourths between agencies saying you can read it....you can't....etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

I think for the most part allot of the S/TS stuff is right where it belongs. in the dark.

there are reasons for things being secret that might seem crazy to you, but as played out as the saying of 'sources and methods' is. I agree. Not every one in the government is out to destroy America....quite the contrary in fact.

As much as I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE a ride in a few of these platforms...hell even to know ANYTHING about them I believe/HOPE the shade these projects are afforded are for a good reason(90% sure they are).

I can sleep easy not knowing everything, and being certain that those secrets/men and woman keep me safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join