It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents angry after precious Bobby and Johnny earn Birds and Bees badge in Cub Scouts hike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Pack master walked the Cub Scouts to a Nudist beach, parents say intentional

A pack of San Diego Cub Scouts got a surprise introductory lesson on the birds and the bees after wandering onto a nudist beach — as did their leaders on emergency response.

The nature hike along Torrey Pines State Beach last week led to outraged parents filing a complaint with the local scouting council after their boys, ages 9 and 10, got an unexpected eyeful of naked beachgoers.

In a statement released by the San Diego-Imperial Council, they worked to assure that the children's Jan. 24th path through Black's Beach was "quickly" rerouted "to protect the youth" once the leaders realized the mistake .

But parent Diane Lekven, who was there with her son and husband Erik, argued that claim to CBS8, telling the station that the pack master knew exactly where he was taking them.

"He said 'This is a naturalist beach, and my family and I go through here all the time. It's not a big deal.' And I got really angry," she recalled their exchange after confronting him on their location.

The complaint to the local council ultimately ended with no punishment against the pack master after a meeting with parents to discuss whether further action was needed.

WOW! Bad enough kids are bombarded by nudity, or sex on TV, in the movies, and on music videos daily. Do they need a cub scout master to start doing it too? If he wants to raise his family that way, that's one thing, but don't expose other children. Other families make their own decisions when children will be exposed and to what. I hope he's kicked out as a scout master. I'm sorry, but I do. Obviously thanks to this moron, trails are now going to have to be planned in advanced as to where they're going. What an idiot!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Sex is bad and stuff, mkay?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

WOW! Bad enough kids are bombarded by nudity, or sex on TV, in the movies, and on music videos daily. Do they need a cub scout master to start doing it too? If he wants to raise his family that way, that's one thing, but don't expose other children. Other families make their own decisions when children will be exposed and to what. I hope he's kicked out as a scout master. I'm sorry, but I do. Obviously thanks to this moron, trails are now going to have to be planned in advanced as to where they're going. What an idiot!

We have professional psychologists that can help you transcend your psychosis.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

We are born naked.
I think it is good for kids to understand that there is no shame in being naked.
I bet the kids loved it lol.
Sounds to me he made a mistake....we all do no need to throw him to the wolves.
edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If/When you have kids please invite a bunch of naked people over to your house and give it an anatomy lesson.

I think it's disgusting but then again the planet's a moral sewer.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I would teach my kids that the human body is nothing to be ashamed of.
I think it helps dispel myths about other sexes bodies we all heard as a kids.
Like I said the guy made a mistake and rerouted the group.
It isn't like the nudists were all bonking.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If/When you have kids please invite a bunch of naked people over to your house and give it an anatomy lesson.

Why is nudity immoral and dirty?

Why should I care if my kids see naked people?

I mean, what is the actual negatives consequences that will result in my children thinking that sex and nudity are normal?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
little bobby and johnny have probably already seen naked people on the internet, not that i would condone it, but its just reality.
Seeing nude people on the beach was probably the least horrible thing for cub scouts to experience on a nature walk.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

I mean, what is the actual negatives consequences that will result in my children thinking that sex and nudity are normal?

It's about parenting. It's not "bad" that they saw naked folks building sand castles. What's bad is that the parents weren't the ones who guided the encounter. I don't need to have my daughter see naked folks but, if she did, we would have that conversation with her then and there. If somebody else who we trusted to guide her group field trip took her to a nude beach, that would be quite intrusive upon my wishes as a parent.

It was a dumb move and I can understand why parents wouldn't be too thrilled about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

We have professional psychologists that can help you transcend your psychosis.

I have no issue with kids learning about sex. What I have an issue with, is it's not a scout master's responsibility to be teaching it. It's mom and dad's. If they feel 9 is too young and they wish to wait until their child is 11, that is their right. If the scout master wants to go to a Nudist beach, do it on HIS time. If he wishes to take the kids, GET THE PARENTS PERMISSION. DUH! Don't just spring it on the parents while you're walking.

"Look at the lovely flowers in bloom, don't they look lovely Billy? And over there we see some adult Penii and boobies. Say hi to the boobies Billy!"

Talk with the parents. Do you mind if we walk this way to the beach? It's a nudist beach. If you have an issue with it, there's another great trail over here.

What is so wrong with common sense guys? Not everyone is ok with a nudist beach. I may not ever go to one, but I don't have an issue with one. Would I take my daughter? No. Would I want someone else to spring it on me? Heck no! Not over sex, just over something that isn't us is all. It doesn't make us prudes to want our bodies to belong to us. It's just how I am and how she is. If that's how they are, I'm ok with that. But that doesn't mean I wish to visit one.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So nudity = sex?

That is part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I would teach my kids that the human body is nothing to be ashamed of.
I think it helps dispel myths about other sexes bodies we all heard as a kids.
Like I said the guy made a mistake and rerouted the group.
It isn't like the nudists were all bonking.

My daughter knows her body is nothing to be ashamed of, however we don't walk around naked, flapping in the breeze either. Some people obviously wish to and that's their right.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Seeing nude people on the beach was probably the least horrible thing for cub scouts to experience on a nature walk.

Have you actually seen the average nudist beach person? I'd rather stare at the roosters, owls, and beavers that are actually in the woods.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's YOU though. That's how YOU feel. YOU don't mind your kids seeing naked people. I'm not that way, neither is my daughter. Not everyone is YOU. These parents obviously did not want their kids to see naked people on a hike, and that was THEIR right as parents to raise THEIR children as they saw fit, not as the scout master saw fit.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

So nudity = sex?

That is part of the problem.

Where did I say sex = nudity/nudity = sex?

Please quote me, I'd like to see it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

From you.
"I have no issue with kids learning about sex. What I have an issue with, is it's not a scout master's responsibility to be teaching it."

Also the thread title. Birds and the bees? he didn't teach them that.

Did he teach them about sex? nope he made a mistake that is all and some kids saw some nude folks.
You are equating nudity with sex...when it isn't and If you think it is that is a problem.
I'm sure the kids are okay and this is just a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

From you.
"I have no issue with kids learning about sex. What I have an issue with, is it's not a scout master's responsibility to be teaching it."

Also the thread title. Birds and the bees? he didn't teach them that.

Did he teach them about sex? nope he made a mistake that is all and some kids saw some nude folks.
You are equating nudity with sex...when it isn't and If you think it is that is a problem.
I'm sure the kids are okay and this is just a mountain out of a molehill.

The thread title was meant to be cute. I will stop that crap immediately! Who did I think I was!

My mistake on my phrasing. He did NOT teach them about sex. You are correct, however try explaining that to little Johnny who now has to learn, who may not have had the discussion yet with mom and dad. I'm not assuming, and I do not know, if you do or do not have kids, but they are VERY famous for getting it twisted. And seriously not joking here. because of behavioral medications from autism, my daughter started her cycle at a very early age by surprise, and not kidding, thought she was bleeding to death and needed to go to the ER for stitches. I tried telling her they won't give you stitches there. She just kept stressing I need stitches in my pee-pee mom! When I couldn't convince, her pediatrician was a sweetheart and helped. Some of these kids might have had the talk, and knew about nudity and had no problem with it. Some, who knows.

By the age 8 I had been raped for over a year and stalked and would have associated any grown up in the nude in a VERY negative manner. You also have to take into consideration any child who may or many not have a bad past as well. Not everyone grew up sunshine and roses.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Iam sorry for what happened to you
I do think though If attitudes changed towards nudity it wouldn't be as tabboo as it is now.
I honestly think in the long run prudity harms society.

www.alternet.org...

But we can agree to disagree and leave it as that.
Have a good un

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Iam sorry for what happened to you
I do think though If attitudes changed towards nudity it wouldn't be as tabboo as it is now.
I honestly think in the long run prudity harms society.

www.alternet.org...

But we can agree to disagree and leave it as that.
Have a good un

I do agree there is major prudity in society. I know nudity is more lax overseas than it is here in the states. As I said, I honestly have no issue with nudity, I just think as a family whole, it's a family choice as to when a child should be a expose, and not another adult, but that's my personal take. I'm glad we were able to disagree in a lovely manner though with decorum.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
To me, these parents are mad that the kids saw something during scouts that THEY don't approve. These are parents that sent their kids to a glorified babysitter and then complain about the proper way to teach things. My daughter builds fire because of me. She knows the mark in the dirt is from a deer from me. I don't know, it just seems like the same type of argument we hear with TV. Park your kid in front of it to shut him up, then blame everyone else when they see something YOU don't like. It ain't all Tom and Jerry out there anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join