It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News' Brian Williams admits he wasn't on aircraft in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I had always thought that news reporting ethics required accuracy about the facts and reporting facts. Times are a changing.

Maybe in some outlets, but the big players have been skirting those ethics for a long time now. Edward R. Murrow is not only turning over in his grave, he's on auto-pilot.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: damwel

No one, unless it is FOX.

It the ole ATS double standard, hate conservatives, Christians, Jews and FOX news.

Star a billion times. If it was Fox, they would be demanding he was fired and droning on and on about Fox anchors. But meh, it's their news outlet so it's no biggie.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: damwel

No one, unless it is FOX.

It the ole ATS double standard, hate conservatives, Christians, Jews and FOX news.

Star a billion times. If it was Fox, they would be demanding he was fired and droning on and on about Fox anchors. But meh, it's their news outlet so it's no biggie.

If this same claim were made by a politician, EVERY media talking head would be salivating over his pending resignation / news conference and public shaming.

If said politician had (R) after his name, there would be calamity in the media and frothing at the mouth for beheading.

Since it is media darling Brian Williams, who can joke publically about his daughter's @$$ being licked on TV, then it is a small laps of judgement.

F me.

What a disgrace he is. Brokaw must be sick to his stomach.....not. We'll likely hear from him that it was the pilot fault for confusing and Bush's fault for Williams being there in the first place.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Only reason he "came clean" was because he got caught. Now he lies about the lie.

People are acting surprised?? Defending and making excuses for him?

IT IS HIS JOB TO LIE TO US!

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." John Swinton, former Chief of Staff, The New York Times.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

If this same claim were made by a politician, EVERY media talking head would be salivating over his pending resignation / news conference and public shaming.

funny you should say that, first thing i thought about was billary and what she claimed being under sniper fire at the Bosnia airport.

She said when she arrived in Bosnia on March 25, 1996, "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."
Clinton says she 'misspoke' about sniper fire

i also thought that if willaims had been in a helicopter that had been hit with a RPG, he wouldn't had any problems remembering the day he sh@@ himself.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No Mas Pantalones!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can't believe most sheeple still believe these talking heads (I refuse to call them journalists, so as not to denigrate journalists) who read teleprompters on the 6:30 nightly news. All these guys, whether from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc. have shown time and time again to have zero credibility. They're egomaniacs, like the Kardashians and other reality 'stars'. They will obviously lie to increase their importance and make themselves part of the stories they're reading everynight, almost a Walter Mitty complex.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

S n F

Important Post IMHO

Another case of Stolen Valour...... yet again.....

Trust me, one could never forget a fire fight let alone an RPGed hit Helio.....

Foggy memory.....

hmmmm Zed Zep play the little known song here please....

Guess he may not have inhaled and almost a virgin on wedding night too

NLBS missed this stinking turd....

/sarcasm...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm just wondering when NBC will admit that it isn't a news organization anymore...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm just wondering when NBC will admit that it isn't a news organization anymore...

Well since they haven't been a news organizatiion for about 30 years and have'nt admitted it yet, I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

yeah, I'm more likely to get shot down by enemy fire, first

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Perhaps we'll see Brian throwing the Purple Heart he got for battle injuries sustained during the attack over the fence around the White House.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The news lied?

Who knew?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I just heard a clip of the Letterman thing this mourning. And wow he told the story with full confidence and conviction. This makes him look bad. It obviously hurts his integrity as a reporter going forward but does it cost him his job on the nightly news?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm sick of it. I am sick of all the Quislings of humanity who have sold their soul to this evil energy that rules this planet. Brian Willians is a talking head, a mouthpiece for the system.... F$ck the main stream media, the corporate propaganda outlet, spewing lies to keep the slaves afraid and towing the line. F$ck this evil system that keep humanity in slavery, trudging day after day to some job that they hate, taxed to death, poisoned by chemtrails and GMO food and pharmacology and chemistry and Monsanto stuck in this wheel of hatred, fear and pain. It doesn't have to be this way, all it takes is a change in consciousness, a new perspective. Take back your power. This is a game, a total immersion game and you are avatar of the creator of the game, you already have all the God codes because for all intents and purposes, you are God, but you've got to realize this and put it into action, which means that enough of us have to stand up and say NO!. "We are as mad as hell and we're not going to take this anymore"- Network

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

If I'm the head of NBC, it does. The news, at its core, is supposed to be reliant and based on substantiated facts. Crap like this is too prevalent in the news these days, and it needs to be reversed.

Lying is one thing...lying about being attacked while embedded with our military and then proudly regurgitating the lie for 12 years is another.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

your right how do you deliver the news now with any credibility. You want viewers to believe your reports are real. and what your saying is the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This was the talk of the day here on morning radio.

Not only was he NOT on the helicopter, his chopper was an HOUR behind. AN HOUR.

What a tool. These asshats will make up anything to get air time.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Gasp!

NBC lied ?

They would never.

Blasphemy I say!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
11 years of the same old lie before he got rumbled. Yet another MSM anchorman hoist by their own petard, I sincerely hope this sorry tale awakens a few more souls to the lies spewed out by the propaganda box.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join