It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News' Brian Williams admits he wasn't on aircraft in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So I like Brian Williams he can make a joke about himself sometimes and when he is able to be is kind of humorous for a news caster. But he really did lie like this then this is horrible. I know the main stream media lies no revelation there. But if this lie is carried out how I thin it was it is kind of horrible.

news.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">news.yahoo.com... bc-news--brian-williams-recants-story-iraq-helicopter-after-soldiers-protest-231038729.html

NBC News’ Brian Williams was not, as he has previously claimed, aboard a U.S. Air Force helicopter that was hit by two rockets and grounded during the 2003 Iraq invasion

Maybe he just mis recalled and didn't know???

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Not good for a journalist to just make something up, others have gotten fired for something like this. Then again, I seem to recall that I wasn't on a helicopter that got hit by two rockets during the Iraq invasion as well, so I am in good company.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yahoo News

“To Joseph, Lance, Jonathan, Pate, Michael and all those who have posted: You are absolutely right and I was wrong. In fact, I spent much of the weekend thinking I'd gone crazy. I feel terrible about making this mistake, especially since I found my OWN WRITING about the incident from back in '08, and I was indeed on the Chinook behind the bird that took the RPG in the tail housing just above the ramp. Because I have no desire to fictionalize my experience (we all saw it happened the first time) and no need to dramatize events as they actually happened, I think the constant viewing of the video showing us inspecting the impact area -- and the fog of memory over 12 years -- made me conflate the two, and I apologize.

Wow, false memory. huh...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Yes, it's easy to confuse the two. He was on the helicopter in back of the one hit by two rockets, and of course remembered that he was on the helicopter that got hit by two rockets. The key words here are "on a helicopter hit by two rockets". Happens too often to mention, or to remember the trivial experience. Leave the poor guy alone ("Oh, yes, I guess I wasn't in the JFK assassination car in Dallas, but riding a few cars behind it. Carry on.") .

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AleisterHappens too often to mention, or to remember the trivial experience. Leave the poor guy alone

Now that made me laugh!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Brian Williams even went to a sporting game with one of the soldiers from that event recently. He was on the news showing the hole in the helicopter from archival footage, and showing him at a game recently with a retired soldier from that mission.

Wow.

Well, at least he has the decency to admit he wasn't really on that bird.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was actually on that chopper when we took those hits and remember seeing Brian Williams there later on that afternoon.

Feel free to ask me anything about the incident.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh wait... no I wasn't.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry Brian. I am not sure if I am buying it. Maybe you did 'conflate' the details. It happens to all of us. BUT how on God's green Earth do you confuse being on a helicopter that wasn't shot down with being on one that was? H-U-G-E difference. Maybe you are just 'conflating' foggy memories with dishonesty.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wow not only did he lie, he is pretty creative in covering his ass. Makes me think he is used to spinning tales.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey, we've all been there, right? I know with all the helicopters I've been on that have been hit by rockets, it can be difficult to tell them apart, so I'm sure he must've been just remembering one of the Other helicopters he was on that got hit by rockets and just got it confused with that particular time...

Maybe he's a victim of MK Ultra...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

So he lied about his lie.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

decency?

He is just sorry he got caught.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
His pants are on fire and it does have to do with a helicopter ride and enemy fire. I can see how a reporter of opinion could end up telling such a story. Truth is a rare commodity today.

With the exit of solid facts from reporting this is to be expected.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I didn't click on it but on another site there was a link to Williams describing this fake event to David Letterman on the Letterman show in 2013. Maybe someone can dig that one up. Poor Brian Williams, I have no idea why he would continue to tell the story, on network television at least. The person next in line for the anchor seat must be salivating at the response which is growing in the U.S. Who is next in line for the seat? (full disclosing: I haven't watched major network news in years. Cable is my news drug of choice, all the big three, but I mostly miss Keith Obermann doing real news).
edit on 5-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
On the news, lately, is all lies and terror ... what's next?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Who cares?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

No one, unless it is FOX.

It the ole ATS double standard, hate conservatives, Christians, Jews and FOX news.
edit on 072828p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well, FOX news, sure, because of the outright lies and the other-lies: Selective information and slanting. They all do it, which is sad considering, and FOX does it the most. But of the network crews at least Williams is now outed as a fibber, so his days in the anchor seat are not only numbered, but may be numbered in the low singular digits. What I've seen of him on other programs I've liked, but can't recall ever watching his evening newscast. As I asked in a post above, does anyone know who's next in line for that particular anchor seat?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I had always thought that news reporting ethics required accuracy about the facts and reporting facts. Times are a changing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join