It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists angry at Super Bowl ad; Come back to the sea!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Creationists upset at Carnival Cruise Super Bowl Ad

As was prophesied in Revelation, the second angel shall pour out his bowl of wrath into the sea, and it will become blood, and every living thing in the sea shall die, and atop that sea shall be an omelet bar. That apocalyptic inevitability—and the war between believer and nonbeliever—was kicked off this weekend by none other than Carnival Cruises, whose participation in Armageddon was widely assumed to be systemic, as a floating symbol of man’s sinful sloth and gluttony. But with its new “Come Back To The Sea” Super Bowl ads, Carnival Cruises has angered creationists, who believe the company is promoting evolution in its invitation to come devolve into daiquiri-numbed blobs who simply drift about looking for more food, like the mushy, single-minded organisms it says we came from.

The issue stems from the ad’s voiceover, which borrows a speech that President John F. Kennedy made before the 1962 America’s Cup—a nobler age, when presidents still recognized the importance of praising boats. “I really don’t know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it’s because in addition to the fact that the sea changes, and the light changes, and ships change, it’s because we all came from the sea,” Kennedy said, really feeling his muscle relaxers that day. “And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea—whether it is to sail or to watch it—we are going back from whence we came.”

Oy! We really do live in dumb times indeed..... Haven forbid you believe in religion, AND science. Thank God I don't watch the View or Sherrie Sheppard. I was at a friend's house one day and my head exploded when she said the Earth was flat. I could NOT believe some people on this planet seriously believe this crap! Oy! Oy! Oy!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe they need a Snickers.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I think the love of the sea is a longing to return from where we came.
I have not seen the sea for a while and I really need to see the seaside again.
Ever found it weird why it is mostly USAers which don't believe in evolution? wonder why? any guess?.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh I see what you did there!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I Think if you read,
In the beginning God,
Created
Light
Planets, and stars
Water and land
Plant life
Sea life
animal life
Human Life
That is the order of Creation, a day also means event in hebrew
I find it remarkable that in the story of creation, and evolution theory are the same order of events.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Michaelfunction because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well the news site should note that while some may be upset but not all are as the title suggest.

Just more hype.

Also depending on your view and time the earth is flat just as recorded by history.

You should not mix up such things in the op.

I like that speach and think the ad was cool. They should expand their thought process.
edit on 4-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Michaelfunction

I don't think that is the actual order things came about.

stars came at the same time as light (they were the light) and sea life came before plant life.

I could be wrong though.
edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This is the first time I've ever considered taking a Carnival Cruise.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I think the love of the sea is a longing to return from where we came.
I have not seen the sea for a while and I really need to see the seaside again.
Ever found it weird why it is mostly USAers which don't believe in evolution? wonder why? any guess?.

Poor educational system. A small percentage of Americans get good educations but the masses don't.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michaelfunction
I Think if you read,
In the beginning God,
Created
Light
Planets, and stars
Water and land
Plant life
Sea life
animal life
Human Life
I find it remarkable that in the story of creation, and evolution theory are the same order of events.

What gave you that idea? Certainly not science.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is great spiritual debate in this op that is ignored by the creation debate.

I dare you all to dig deeper.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sounds like the Chicken of the Sea commercials long ago. They never said anything back then.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Michaelfunction
I Think if you read,
In the beginning God,
Created
Light
Planets, and stars
Water and land
Plant life
Sea life
animal life
Human Life

What gave you that idea? Certainly not science.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I didn't really see why that would be offensive...man I think people are just bored haha....and if you did find it offensive....go # yourself!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
uhh we came from the Earth. it just so happens the Earth has an Ocean. And lot of massive lakes.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Meh, I'm angry and creationists for suing KY for not giving them tax breaks for their theme park (which, ironically, will be based around Noah's cruise ship).

Let's call it even and move on, shall we, creationists?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Also depending on your view and time the earth is flat just as recorded by history.

Hello? Can you explain this statement?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Are creationists ever not angry?
edit on 5-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Hello? Can you explain this statement?

Not in any form that you will accept because you have already cast judgment on the subject but here you go. One would have to have an open mind to begin to see anything else.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
Are creationists ever not angry?

Yes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join