It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See Future of Artificial Intelligence in Mind Clone Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This was an interesting article on what's called Mind Clones.

Feb. 4 -- Martine Rothblatt, the highest paid female CEO in the U.S., founded and runs a biopharmaceutical company, United Therapeutics. She took home $38 million dollars in 2013. Now she's leading the way in artificial intelligence. Bloomberg's Olivia Sterns sat down with Dr. Rothblatt and her latest invention -- a robot.

Dr. Rothblatt also started Sirius. Here's a couple of videos.

This is an interesting topic because we're talking about the difference between copying and pasting vs. cutting and pasting. I think copying a persons personality to a computer will be relatively easy. This is akin to copying and pasting. It won't be you but it will be a copy of you on a computer network. I can see a day where there's brains instead of servers and people can upload their personalities onto brains the same way servers store information about websites. So you will access and talk to people on the internet the same way you go to a website. So someone may die but their personality is stored on the brain server and love ones can talk to them just as easy as they access a website. These personalities will learn and also process information. Over time , the Avatars would also look more real. I can see a conversation going like this.

You come back from a wedding and you get on your tablet or computer and access the person that past personality.

You: I just got back from the wedding.

Personality: I accessed Gloria's Facebook page and saw the Wedding photos, I see Little Rob was there.

You: (laughing) Oh yeah, Rob is crazy as ever......

So people will interact and conversate with loved ones that have passed the same way people have conversations on Skype today.

When it comes to cutting and pasting consciousness, that's much harder. This would be transferring your mind from your brain to a computer network then waking up in the simulation.

I think in about 100 years, these things will be commonplace and if you can't transfer your mind to a computer permanently, we will be able to manipulate time in a way that it doesn't really matter.

They were talking about a pill or a drug that can make a few days seem like 50 or 60 years in the persons mind. So if you want to experience a different life over the next week that lasts 60 years then lay down and take a pill.

Kurzweil and others were talking about full immersion and this could be like the Thirteenth Floor. Imagine controlling the signals to your brain and then being fully immersed in a virtual environment. We might even control how time passes in this virtual simulation and you can spend ten years in the simulation while you're lying on a bed for a week.

Also, life expectancy might stretch out to 150-200 years of age. People will look back on a life expectancy of 80 years of age the same way we look back at a life expectancy at 35 in the early 1600's.
edit on 4-2-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I really hope this guy stops what he's doing or at least limits himself. Without limits, these robots/AI can develop a limitless consciousness just like us, that could turn against us.

But... I think that the news video is exaggerating. I think the robot shown acts just like any chatbot out there, except this one has a personality and voice/sound.

I have a feeling that love is the reason why he is doing this as well.

It's pretty cool though!

edit on 4-2-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Srry but she looks like a he , just sayin..

a reply to: neoholographic

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This kind of tech is bad for regular people. These scientists need to be stopped, by cutting off their funding, disruption of their research, etc. SOMETHING needs to be done to intervene before they get too far along.

When my parents were in school in the 1950's and 60's they were told: no one would have to work in the future, that everything would be done by robots and they would, in turn, have increased free time used for creating, making art, learning and helping others...

Robotics, the singularity and AI are essentially the same lie, told to our parents, rehashed for a 21st century audience. I think its funny when regular people get excited about future tech like the Singularity, AI, Robotics, etc. Do people really think when these thing finally become real, functioning, working designs, applicable to industry, that we the "peons", will somehow ALL get a Data from Start Trek or a C-3PO from Star Wars, to help us at home, at the job site or in the office, etc?

In reality we are going to get a David 8 from Prometheus/Aliens or the Robot Probation officer seen in Elysium. They are going to take away jobs and make unethical policing and policy enforcement, both easier and cheaper, for the true "Owners of Capital". They won't be paying a salary to the robot worker, so the savings will instead be pumped into legal fees and political lobbying, resulting in an overall savings for the corporations/governments and a full blown, loss of liberty, for everyone else.

Whom goes to jail when an AI robot or Mind Clone pulls your arm out of the socket? Will it be considered "negligence by the human that lost the arm", a "civil suit", "not a criminal act", etc, etc, etc, in court/arbitration? I personally at this point are willing to live with 1980's +/- era tech, if it means, I am more free and can continue to earn money to live off.

Elysium Probation Officer:
fourthdimensionalrecovery.files.wordpress.com...

Introducing David 8:
www.weylandindustries.com...

In the words of David 8: “I can do almost anything that could possibly be asked of me, including things that my human counterparts might find distressing or unethical”

Sounds swell, don't it!

The only way regular people can save themselves, is to abandon tech and stop buying/supporting companies making this AI/singularity tech.

First, AI is going to make us jobless
Second, it is going to steal our liberty and freedoms
Third, it will make human life valueless to the true "Owners of Capital"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I agree to an extent but at the end of the day there's nothing that can be done about it. At first these things will be a boon to humanity. Everyone will not have a personal robot but it will be more like the movie Her. You will have access to Avatars on your tablet or iPhone that conversate and assist you.

Overtime, this intelligence can wipe out or regulate humanity to living in simulations. Who knows, we may be in a simulation now. Maybe we will live in harmony with super intelligence.

At the end of the day, these things are inevitable unless you kill human curiosity.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
At the end of the day, these things are inevitable unless you kill human curiosity.

Cut off the money supply for the research and make it expensive to conduct the field work. Regular people can do this by having their legislators cut funding or adding extemporaneous legislation to hamper the research and also by doing things that make insurance actuaries raise rates for the labs housing the work.

Though an extreme example, how many AI scientists do you think are working, in say, Mozambique? Few if any. But I'll bet you didn't know Mozambique is a leading country for animal behavioral science (land mine detection rats, etc).

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't know about that robot , I've seen better Japanese versions of this. However If I have to think about my mind cloned, I'd think it will be more like they eventually read your brainwaves and store your mind in the cloud. So if you get altzheimer you got that build in function that says system restore,and you're back and running..

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
However If I have to think about my mind cloned, I'd think it will be more like they eventually read your brainwaves and store your mind in the cloud. So if you get altzheimer you got that build in function that says system restore,and you're back and running..

Nope, it will be used to make your disembodied mind work and labor for profits without pay. What exactly, that "work" and "labor" will be, is certainly unknown, but make no mistake, your "disembodied cloned mind" will be put to work in some manner. Also don't forget, your current flesh body doesn't own the servers that make the "cloud", so your disembodied existence, just turned into a new form indentured servitude.
edit on 4-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
I really hope this guy stops what he's doing or at least limits himself. Without limits, these robots/AI can develop a limitless consciousness just like us, that could turn against us.

The scare over AI is really telling of how a person's mind works. Do you anticipate your children turning against you? Would you treat another sentient thing you gave life to differently? The entire supposition hinges upon the fact you want sentient slaves and assume it matter-of-factly. You don't have that right. AI will be no more or less power-hungry and violent than any Human on average, just don't work to crack the secrets of the mind for the sake of slave labor and you'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo
I hope it's on wall street I aways wanted to plunge some assets. .

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I hope it's on wall street I aways wanted to plunge some assets. .

Don't worry, they've though of that too. There will be plenty of other "disembodied indentured servants" toiling away to write the software that will inhibit such desires and free will. Miscreants will be quickly stomped out, rewired or prevented from entering disembodied status in the first place.

Metropia
edit on 4-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Isin't that Zoltan cult leader that that wants to be God and wage a war on Christians?

Or at least, Associated with this dude.

i donno these people are kinda creepy.

edit on pm2u2815Wed, 04 Feb 2015 21:00:04 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
hey this ones about martine

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It looks pretty obvious that Revelation 13:15 is here. Quantum Artificial Intelligence combined with a Clone mind is the way to give LIFE UNTO THE IMAGE OF THE BEAST.

The computerized portion will CONTROL the internet ID/Universal Bar code (666 Check digit) RFID economic system function.

And the Clone/Hologram visual image will CONTROL the Media/Propaganda and religious, political system function.

Watch and pray for THE END draweth nigh!

new topics

top topics

join