It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Why is ATS now hell bent on shoving this turd down mine and everyone else's throat?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The objectivity is shown here in the fact that people have read my opening post and the posts to follow and then they have proceeded to chime in and share their own opinions, agreeing or disagreeing with what I say.

Which is exactly what happens in NLBS threads here on ATS, in the comments section on YouTube, on Facebook and on Twitter. The video promotes discussion, and gets people thinking about the issues, and talking about them amongst themselves.

I believe this facet of the shows existence has already been mentioned, but of course, it does not suit your view of the show, so I can see why you might be ignoring that fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Younger people, who think men walked on a sound stage masquerading as the moon may say "Yeah Baby, bull#, turds dude!" (forgive my impression on our fragile youth),

Thank you for this, it made me actually laugh out loud, not a good thing in a café but hell, not only the young can look stoopid!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't know, I guess when I came here to this site I was mislead by the idea of their being some hope in the world by people getting together and discussing things alternative to the official narrative. I guess I thought that maybe, should enough people get together and be able to create a voice that actual change could come out of it and real truth could be brought to light.

I didn't believe it was just a corporate facade to take advantage of a niche market, but as time goes on I am starting to doubt my own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

To be blunt, look at it this way, even charities are run by shrewd business people. Everything is a business, that's why real truth never comes out, because it would threaten the entire business-oriented society.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well if you feel strongly enough, and you believe that you have something important to say, make the damned video anyway, surely? If it is truly possible to make a better video, discussing the issues in a logical fashion, free of bias, free of subjectivity, then it ought to be well received enough to make it to front page on its own? Besides, even if it does not, surely if it is that important to you, then you will do it just so there is an alternative out there, accessible through YouTube and ATS alike?

I would LOVE to see what you come up with, I really would, and I mean that in total honesty, without any sarcasm what so ever. The more people reached by an alternative view, the better for the collective understanding of the issues by a greater sample of the population of the planet.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Until there is a show that is featured on the front page alongside NLBS that provides counter arguments and conflicting evidence to the show - it will remain subjective and will paint ATS and its community under a subjective light about those topics - regardless of the discussion involved.

ATS itself is taking sides in arguments that are meant to be discussed and perused over in detail, and is using it to promote membership of people that will believe with those particular viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why not have an NLBS debate, amongst members that have an opposing or alternative view. Pick an episode and do one a month perhaps.

If anyone feels alienated or whatever, maybe this will offer inclusion and integration into ATS with members having input or a chance to refute.

Then, let the audience decide.

edit on 4-2-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
One thing i have noticed since alll this nlbs is that ats is very slow and glithy and every other page i have opend wilst ats is open is completely fukt aswell

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I don't know, I guess when I came here to this site I was mislead by the idea of their being some hope in the world by people getting together and discussing things alternative to the official narrative. I guess I thought that maybe, should enough people get together and be able to create a voice that actual change could come out of it and real truth could be brought to light.

I didn't believe it was just a corporate facade to take advantage of a niche market, but as time goes on I am starting to doubt my own beliefs.

So by that are you claiming someone is stopping you from discussing things? Why didn't they stop this thread? The rest of your post seems like you had some unreasonable expectations about changing the world through bitching and moaning.

If you want to change the world then go for it but someone should have told you a long time ago it takes more than talk.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

I believe you're right. A fundamental change of ATS is happening with the site. It is clearly moving away from a place for alternate information and theories to be explored into a skeptics only place where truths pushed by the mainstream are the only acceptable evidence.

ATS is slowly becoming a place where you are either with the NLBS crowd or you're a crank. Read some of the NLBS threads if you don't believe that. Very polarizing and very unfortunate.

Got a little Delphi Technique going on here maybe at ATS? DT is used a lot in schools to peer pressure parents/parent groups into consensus on curriculum and other matters. The people who agree with any present agenda, either verbally beat their opinion into people who disagree or ostracize them. In the case of ostracizing this of course makes their opinions pointless to the group think consensus driven process.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/4.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I certainly would like to come up with a show but I certainly don't have a team together to gather the information, do the required editing, and come up with a script, certainly not in time to counter each episode of NLBS in a timely fashion. Nor do I have the skills to edit something that will look remotely pretty.

That being said, I wouldn't mind attempting the undertaking though I highly doubt it will be very well received by the higher ups of ATS considering SkepticOverlord said that they would never be objective about the issued covered "if one side was wrong."

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh trust me, I know it takes more than talk. My track record on calls for action on the site speaks for itself even though the ToS does not agree with my attitude on such matters.

My problems lies in the community being dissolved into a bunch of followers who are fed information as truth instead of being encouraged to find the truth for themselves. Leaders change the world, not blind followers.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The thing is, that if it is worth doing, you should do it. You do not need to counter every video, just make your own, in your own time. You can even make them longer if you want, work on them over a period of a little while, to counter the lack of staff at your disposal, and make the actual videos longer to allow you more time to explain some of the finer detail and where you got your data from and such like.

And keep in mind, any video you make can be as "wrong" as you like according to the ATS high ups, because though they have elected to make their videos their way, you can make yours any how you like, and post it here for all to see. When you do, hit my inbox, and I will give it a look with open eyes and an open mind. Choice is freedom after all, and the more the better!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
C'mon man, I called it two pages ago.

OP thinks he can do a better job.

OP, do it. They will let you.

Just Remember, when you put your heart and soul into something. Then people crap on it.

It hurts....

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oh trust me, I know it takes more than talk. My track record on calls for action on the site speaks for itself even though the ToS does not agree with my attitude on such matters.

My problems lies in the community being dissolved into a bunch of followers who are fed information as truth instead of being encouraged to find the truth for themselves. Leaders change the world, not blind followers.

I don't know anything about your track record just the statements you have made here. When I clicked on the page I thought you were someone else because you two have the exact same avatar sized differently. The other person that has that avatar I have never agreed with that I can remember, but I will hand it to him on one thing. He has produced his own videos and has shamelessly promoted them on ATS so good for him. You could probably do the same I guess it comes down to being motivated.

What you may call the truth I may call a lie and no one is being force-fed information you have the ability to read, watch whatever you want here you even have the ability to leave altogether. If you disagree with something you also have the ability to voice that which you seem to be. I just don't happen to be one of your followers, but them is the breaks.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Perhaps a ban on paid posters is needed.

Or even more fair just give them a special sign on their avatar.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Paid posters? like who?.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Have you missed the ATS motto "Deny Ignorance"? This isn't GLP where any crackpot lunatic BS is blindly accepted as truth. On ATS, we prefer to discuss and challenge things to see if they hold any truth to them. Just because it's a conspiracy theory does not mean there is any truth to it. There are real conspiracies happening, but no one wants to examine them because those more solid, provable conspiracy theories get drown out by the multitude of complete BS and lunacy. Those looney theories and the crackpots who tout this BS like it's some religion actually harm the cause of truth.

People get butthurt over NLBS because they do not want their precious delusions shattered by a reality check. I personally love the show. So far, I haven't seen them attack any real conspiracy theories or any truths. I've only seen them rip apart, well...

BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Oh, I embrace the term "Deny Ignorance". I was a big fan of the motto, but is it really the motto anymore?

I can't seem to find any actual mention of the motto anywhere. It used to be right there on the logo for years and years but now I can't seem to locate it. Funny.

You can demonize GLP all you want but the only "truth" I see blindly accepted over there is the truth of free spirited discussion. Yes they might not be as regulated and their topics might be pretty out there, but the only truth found is the objective truth of each individual going over the information provided and drawing conclusions for themselves. GLP isn't promoting some kind of agenda by telling people which side of a theory is right or wrong.

Lunacy or not, the idea that so much can be questioned and is looked at as conspiracy is a result of the condition the world is in, a state in which government bodies and official outlets of science and newsworthy information are got in lies and skews of the truth on a daily basis. It is only natural for people to question everything especially things that are touted with an official narrative.

ATS is now creating their own narrative of news to feed to the masses and I'm sure most people who watch will blindly accept it as just and noble the same as the would be followers of FOX and CNN subscribe to their information feeding methods of choice.It isn't about shattered delusions or giving people reality checks, it is about the responsibility of creating a community that can discuss the issues in an unbiased way and truly come to conclusions without being told a conclusion in a 5-15 minute video. Especially in a society where "too long, didn't read" has become a staple of the masses to simply information sponge off of the most convenient delivery methods.

It is irresponsible to the community coming from anyone who truly wishes for conspiracies to one day see light and be brought to justice as the truth that some of them are.
edit on 4-2-2015 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Evidence tends to show is that they are looking for a deal that works for/on us consumers. I surmise that they just don't know yet just how ornery we are. Basically, I assume that old timers just don't want any part of an ATS "network" telling us what they think is turd-worthy or not.

Just because the show doesn't bend over to any and all conspiracy theories, doesn't mean that there is a government agenda LOL. NLBS deals with facts, something that is often disregarded in the conspiracy theory world. Some people WANT a conspiracy. If you want a conspiracy with no facts to back it up you can find plenty of that on the forums.

If you want a show that breaks down a story with real research and then presents that information to you then NLBS does that, regardless of how much you like the show format or how they advertise it.

As someone else has said in this thread, they DO deal with conspiracy theories without discrediting them. If Joe through his research discovers merit in a theory he will state it, if he finds it to be bull# he will state it.

It's clearly about finding out the truth. I don't agree with some of the elements of the show format but I trust that the information presented has been carefully researched and there is no agenda behind it other than to uncover the truth.

If you're looking for shills and government agendas, look to some of the MEMBERS. The site owners started this site for a reason and to say that there is a government agenda is retarded because look at what this site has achieved.. a DISTRUST for the government.

Come on man.. this is basic stuff.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join