It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers: A harbinger of doom?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
According to Paranormal News Central,

A Doppelganger is considered the evil twin, the harbinger of misfortune, the omen of death, and is very rare. In most cases, the victim of this haunting activity is in danger with their immediate surroundings, family, or in some cases the victim themselves are in grave danger of illness or death.

There are many documented cases of people encountering their doppelganger. One that stands out is former President Abe Lincoln.

According to the story on Doppelgangers from crystallinks.com, the President admitted to his wife that he saw two himself in a mirror. He claimed that event, which allegedly occurred soon after his first election, showed his "copy" with a pale white face. This lead his wife to believe he would be re-elected, but not survive his second term.

Did Lincoln really see a harbinger of death? Or was it the result of extreme amounts of streess regarding the election and issues of the times?

Do doppelgangers exist? And if they do, does seeing one foretell catastrophe and doom?

Looking forward to discussing this!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Met mine a few year back.
Bumped into him in the street both of us shocked.
I said "There can be only one!!" killed him so that makes me the evil one.....Mahahahaha Mhahahahahaha..(evil laugh to fade).
But in all seriousness I did meet a guy who looked exactly like me...the only guy I could go gay for

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This is one of my favorite subjects.

I believe there is a world right next to ours and in order to escape these places one of the two must die.

I have had the thought that many in the other place hold different belief of reality that allow them to interact with us in some cases.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dopplegangers are aliens slowly replacing the humans that they are designed to duplicate.

Its basically a alien take-over.

MKUltra does this all the time where their human 'alpha' units (slaves) are killed off at 30 years old or 'thrown from the Freedom Train' as it is commonly known.

Then the alien takes their place and no one notices.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Or it was the exactly the right thing, to do: You broke the reflection. You become just one person as in: you took responsibility for your actions. A violent, psychological symbol for freed yourself, healed yourself, accepted yourself, call it what you will.
Maybe running away being afraid,=not facing it, is your answer to an question your dream-self, sub-conscience, whatever asks you. Do you want to be in charge. But as everything it has to be a free willing act. That's maybe the key, what is hidden behind symbolism found in all the spiritual/theological etc. stories/tales/fiction/pool of thoughtsmash. We have to go on a inner journey. we have to free ourselves it is a decission and our collective art collection, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy=> our inner universe is interconnected. It is our story. We wrote it as a collective. and what we collectively communicate is, we are sourcerers, entirely in charge for ourselfes. Free. But whit great power comes great responsibility. Can we face it?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Do doppelgangers exist? And if they do, does seeing one foretell catastrophe and doom?

I think due to the immense amount of people on Earth, there are bound to be some very similar looking folks.

The chance of meeting them, by chance, is extremely low.

Although, I doubt it means anything. If anything, it could be good luck.

Also.. "doppelganger" is a really fun word to say.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have actually met my doppleganger.

It was when I was a child. My cousin was having a party one county over, and so my family and I piled into our car, and drove over there. The party was held at some sort of function room or meeting hall. There was a clown who did a little magic as well, and plenty of buffet food on offer. My cousin was doing her hostess bit, and introduced me around, and one of the people to whom I was introduced, was a kid called Simon. He looked identical to me. Not similar, not alike, but identical. We were both wearing white shirts, black trousers, and a little elasticated bow tie. The only difference was the colour of the ties.

We had great fun that day, freaking out our parents, and indeed all my cousins friends, by swapping ties around periodically!

No doom what so ever can be said to have arisen from this meeting. I do, however, admit to feeling very sorry for the poor bugger!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There are some people that always seem familar to everyone also. People get that puzzled look on them very often when i am around then comes the guessing game...

I think that there is likely some truth to the op. The things nancy regan went through to save ron is quite the read and the links that predicted his assassination attempt on him is quite a story. I wonder is the current first lady has taken steps to try to prevent it or is she just looking foward.
edit on 4-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Weird that you mention this. Ok, so when I was in high school I worked as a page at my local public library--The Pauline Haass Library, to be exact. I worked there for two years.

I love libraries and always feel very at-home there, even though I suspect that all libraries are probably haunted to at least some degree. Never felt anything bad there or at any library. I love books and I think they love me as well lol

Well, to get to the point, what I'm about to relay was told to me on three separate occasions by three of my superiors--one who worked the Chidrens' section, the Reference librarian, and the Director of the library herself. All of them witnessed "me" doing something in the library when I was in every instance somewhere else or not in the library at all. I was usually slacking off and hiding somewhere bored and doing some reading--but they see me in the stacks literally on the opposite side of the library from where I was hiding.

Mrs. Klager, the Director, comes up to me on my last week of working there (I was going off to college in the fall and had given my two weeks), and says, "hey L--, oh wow you aren't tall...well, this is going to sound weird but weren't you taller? I've seen you--your head above the shelves but...yeah wait there's no way that I...oh now that really IS weird, isn't it!"

I said I didn't know what she was talking about and she says, eyes wide in shock and as if wondering something to herself, that it's probably nothing but boy she just finds it kinda weird because she really has seen me being taller. (I'm short, 5'2. To be as tall as she was saying she'd seen me as I would have to be around 6 feet tall--which I'm definitely not. Also, wearing flat shoes is part of the dress code so heels were never a factor).

The Reference librarian had mentioned that when she'd seen me in the place where I wasn't that I didn't respond when she'd called out to me--the story was the same for the woman who works in Childrens'. They'd come up to me slightly miffed asking why I'd ignored them when I was somewhere else entirely and doing something else than they'd seen me doing.

One last thing that I don't know if it's related. But at night once, after the doors had closed and me and my fellow page, a boy from my school named Fricke and I were finishing shelving some books. I was shelving CDs in the YA section and kneeling down when I hear my name being loudly and clearly called by someone to my right. I look up, nobody is there. Fricke pops his head out from the shelves and asks if I heard that, too. I say hey, was that you? And he gives me a glowering look and asks if he looks like a woman. lol So I go to the desk and ask literally everyone if they've called for me. Nobody knows what I'm talking about. I tell that to Fricke when I return and he goes pale and says that that's really weird because he heard my name being called, too and that it was really loud (loud enough that the Reference librarian SHOULD have heard it too, but she didn't). And then he gets quiet and we both just return to shelving.

Prior to that the pages always had this joke of the "ghost of pauline haass" which was unfounded and due to our boredom and humor. Yeah, there's some of her personal affects and a picture of her in the beginning of the library in the glass case. But we didn't actually think it was haunted at the time at all. I still don't know if it is, but between my name being called and people seeing my doppleganger (who was taller than me and who covered for me while I slacked off lol) I have to wonder if maybe the place really is haunted. Regardless, whatever it was there helped me out a lot and honestly probably saved me from being discovered hiding and reading while I should have been working.

So yeah, if anyone can help me understand any of that that would be freaking awesome.

I don't know if they're really portents of doom or whatnot--I mean, a year after this all happened I did run into some dangers and stuff but then again who doesn't when they're young? I guess some were life-threatening but I've never gotten badly injured or anything like that. I've always had a lot of luck in escaping what appears to be certain death so--knock on wood haha

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I suppose it all depends on the time frame of the doom... I had a weird period in my High School years where friends and acquaintances saw "me" at places I hadn't been -doing things that sounded like me, but I hadn't done them, and then I actually saw a copy of me driving my model car wearing my clothes and sporting my hair and shades (all distinctive btw) and was so spooked I didn;t have the gumption to follow "me.2."

Following that, my life was a slow trainwreck, but it took a decade to play out... so if a harbinger, a little early.

Who knows... the weirdness of this world can be astounding... odd groupings of synchronicity, seeming manipulation by unseen puppeteers, etc.

I'd love the answers... I think I would, anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That sounds like nonsense to me,my whole family saw my father's over and over again over the years. It never portended doom or anything else. My father was the only one that DIDN'T see it.

"It" would come home a few minutes before my father was due to come home,you would hear the car in the driveway(gravel),then hear his heavy footsteps up the sidewalk to the porch.Then you would hear him open the screen door,and......nothing.

We would get up to see why my father didn't come in,and there would be nothing there at all.Yet we would all be in the living room and hearing all the noises. We didn't bother to get up at first because we just assumed it was him. It wasn't until he never opened the door that we would realize that something was wrong. Yet no deaths or bad anything happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Very interesting stories everyone!

I find it perplexing that most stories describing encounters with Doppelgangers end in tragedy. It seems that you guys/ladies haven't fared quite so bad after an encounter.

Seems plausible that people have wrongfully correlated seeing these with being in danger.

Just a theory! Can't wait to read more encounters

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I had a vision one night of a girl who looked just like me, when I was a kid. A few days later, I met a girl the same age who looked so much like me, everyone assumed we were identical twins wherever we went. We were best friends for a long time. We still keep in touch, but have changed enough that we don't look the same anymore (she gained a lot of weight).

Besides that, I have had weird experiences with people that I interacted with online, in discussion forums!
It has happened many times that someone claimed to have dreams in which I was present, in a sort of meeting. Twice, I took them to a tree and showed it to them and was explaining some very deep things about it.
The weird part is in their description of me, physically, which sounded very very accurate, though these were people who had no idea what I actually looked like! I used to be much more discrete online and not expose my name or image anywhere... yet these people described me perfectly!

I had had no corresponding dreams, or memories of such things. In all of those cases, there was nothing threatening about the "encounters". On the contrary, they claimed to feel it was a positive event, and one woman said I, and the other people we met with, were explaining to her a "mission" we were involved with, and asking her if she would participate, and after hearing the explanations, said she needed time to digest it before giving her answer. (she could not remember the details of this mission).

I have been thinking about this lately because I recently found out that a man who my mother did post graduate work under, who she worshipped, and who did some biofeedback on me in his lab, was a very prestigious neurobiologist and Psychiatrist. I was young at the time and never understood who he was. But he was an important figure to my mother. She took me to a party once at his home.

I just found out that amongst many achievements he made, he was also working in MK Ultra, contracted under the CIA, in mind control experimentation. This kind of freaked me out. I have always had lots of weird experiences since I was a kid on up, and I actually started to wonder if my mother and I had been subjects of experiments.... especially since her father was stationed at Los Alamos, she was born there, and he was possibly involved in studies at the Los Alamos Lab.

It's far fetched and nutty, I know.... but putting all the facts together, it seems almost stupid not to consider it a possibility....

So having found this out, I often find myself searching up his books and papers on his research, out of curiosity. He did quite a lot of work on subjects that fascinate me. My idea of him, that I had had when young, as someone who is basically good and compassionate, returned, but also that he was brilliant and onto some very important things in terms of behavior and consciousness.

Yesterday, I found that one of his books is called "The Tree of Knowledge"..... which led me back to this "tree" other say I showed them and explained things about. I can't even find anything explaining what that book is about, but am trying to get ahold of a copy now. It just kinda feels like I am trying to solve a mystery, so little details that call to each other attract me to investigate.

The potential connections might not seem as clear to someone else reading this, perhaps I should put them down (for myself as well). I was taught very early how to do self hypnosis, and use it daily, even now. There has been times when unexpected visions enter, and sometimes lessons or lectures, and periods of lucid dreaming with same.

One of the ideas that has been exposed is the idea that we can travel etherically, and often do, when we don't even intend or know it.It has something to do with how much one identifies self with other, or exterior. Like a person who has little ego, probably has their "soul" spending much time out and about.
(I don't not claim to believe in this theory, only that it is one I am aware of.)

Well, there is a whole chain of questions I come up with which might link these various things together, but probably go off topic too much... but the relevant one here is THAT part. If it is possible we can have a part of our energy that can go on walk about without us knowing it, that could be one potential explanation of the "doppleganger" phenomenon!
edit on 5-2-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
When I was around 10 or 11 years old, my aunt saw "me" walking down the street, in the town she lives in where we used to live, a very small town where everybody knows everyone. She knows it wasn't me because I was at home about 100 miles away. But she said it looked exactly like me and she almost thought it Was me, except she knew it couldn't be me.

Not a very remarkable story, I know. But it's the only doppelganger-related story I have. The only reason I bothered to mention it is that I was born with a minor defect in my calf muscle (basically it's slightly too large) that, even more so when I was younger, caused me to have a very distinct "walk". This person my aunt saw also displayed this exact style of walking...

She did not stop and approach this person to get a better look or to say hello, probably because she did not want to look like a weirdo stranger talking to a child since she "knew" it wasn't me but only a boy who looked like me and appeared to be my age and who (who/whom, am I getting this right here? probably not...) walked the same as me, and who she never noticed before or since in a small town where everyone knows each other for the most part.

As far as I know and as far as I recall, there were no deaths associated with this sighting, if you could call it that. There was a lot of stress and turmoil surrounding this time in my childhood, but that's about it. Well, at least "more than the usual" levels of "stress and torment" that was par for the course of my childhood anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I always love to read from you, I don't exactly know what it is yet, but I'm clinging on every letter that flows out of your fingertips. Maybe it is the fact you always offer a clear distinction, between event and conclusion. So very honest and empathic, it is beautiful.
These "energy Imprints and waves in the background-noise-frequency" (yes i am still working on it), might be for example some sort of spark, between two poles, your father wishing for the moment when he finally arrives home, anticipating it, visualising it, while the other pole, your family and maybe mostly you, where waiting for him to be present? The same would also work with oposite strong emotions, i.E. your father hating he has to go home and you fearing it.
In concerns of: people who look a lot like..., i guess it is explaining itself...
And with projections of the own energy-avatar, that sounds fairly fiction-ish to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
These "energy Imprints and waves in the background-noise-frequency"
And with projections of the own energy-avatar, that sounds fairly fiction-ish to me.

What if it's simply what could be in a multidimensional sorta sense?
A projection of oneself apparently is only possible with some deep meditative whatever but maybe people can do this subconsciously.

Like in my case: is that library haunted and did the ghost help me? or is the library merely full of energy and did that high spiritual energy make it easier for a projection to materialize through the aether?

I remember always feeling really safe while hiding out reading there. It was weird, but maybe the power of my desire not to be seen was so strong that it ensured its reality. I would always find weird books on the little leave your books here shelf in the middle of the nonfiction section (v. the childrens section which is on the opposite end of the library). The nonfiction section is where 'i'was during 2 of the things apparently. Oddly enough, the apparition was close by to my second-favorite spot that I'd move to as the night wore on and as my shelving/slacking progressed. The times when they say this all happened was always when the library was fairly empty of patrons (early morning, dinnertime/late evening). So maybe the thing was moving around with books aimlessly and either messing them up or taking them down and putting them on the shelf thing.

Like doing the opposite but still being somewhere that I visit often.

btw if it helps u visualize it, I hid in the childrens hardcover fiction in a corner near where the spiderwick books (DIT) are shelved. In the nonfiction section my spot was by the 900's near the end of travel books near where the autobiographies and historical biographies start.

The being taller than me thing still bugs me out tho. I don't understand. Maybe it was just the inverted version of me or something?

edit on 5-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Ts, ts, ts. Rukia. I told you not to haunt libraries. You're scaring people. Move your lazy ass and go there physically like they are used to...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Your story left me thoughtful in terms of the theory I have in mind. See, in this particular concept, it would be most often people or place you identify with closely that your "imprint" or whatever might go to or hang out around.
If the library was a place you felt comfortable in, and even a big part of "who you are", (a librarian might, for example identify largely with that distinction), then times when you sleep, when you are mentally "out of it" (day dreaming) could be times it steps out and goes there.

One of the most fascinating "lessons" I saw was an illustrated "film" thing with a narrator explaining to me that even when someone is drunk, their "spirit" could disconnect from the body. It showed that during moments of great pain or suffering, this happens (another connection to MK Ultra- Project Monarch type of experiments....).

The lessons including something else very important to consider- if the "spirit" (etheric body, energetic imprint, whatever it is) leaves the physical body, the body is then vulnerable to being possessed by other "spirits"!
If that is true, there is a lot to think about in what that would entail....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Just whoawowwhoawow! You just gave me a whole new dimension of possibilities.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, the father coming home story was Dimithae, but it is relevant in what you are saying.

Similar events to that, are like the part I didn't include, of when I saw a vision of a girl that looked like me at night as a child (before meeting one for real). When I saw the girl, I screamed and hid my head under the covers. Then, I don't remember anything- I assume I fell asleep.

But the next day, my mother claimed she heard me scream, then heard my footsteps running down the hall, her bedroom door open, and someone coming to the side of her bed and lifting up the covers (she literally felt this happen, the covers moved). So she turned around, assuming it was me and saying "What's wrong?"....and there was no one there.

So maybe we project ourselves around?

Here's a slant on the topic-
What about animals? Can they percieve when we do that? Do they do it????

We've all seen the dog or cat act weird, watching something in the room that isn't there for our eyes.
My son had a cat he raised, and then he went off to college leaving it with us. Whenever he was coming home, the cat would go poop right in the doorway of his room, hours before he arrived. The rest of the time, he never did it inside the house.

So we found this curious, assumed it was his way of expressing his discontent with our sons absence, and he must be picking something up from our behavior that signals the eminent arrival.

But then one day we expected our son to come home, we were waiting, and noted the cat did not do the poop thing!
"Maybe he's over that now", we sighed in relief.

But no, in fact, our son never showed up. He'd changed plans or something and forgot to tell us. We were pissed that he forgot to call. But that cat didn't need him to.

There's some things I was "told" about animals (even plants, young children...) concerning this projective ability but I don't want to monopolize this thread with my rambling. I enjoy hearing others' stories and thoughts!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join