It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Republicans in Congress "Don't Believe In Governance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So Pelosi said some interesting snip here. I do so love her parties epic, and i do mean EPIC double standards. Apparently Republicans don't believe in governance, and us evil republican's don't believe in science, and we don't believe in Barack Obama! I guess us neanderthal republicans should just get on our knees, and let Obama, and her party walk all over us. Pelosi should know better. The function of congress was to check the power of the executive. That is why it was created. To pass budgets, and write bills so the executive can with the wave of his mighty pen turn it in to law.

“They don’t believe in governance. They don’t believe in science. And they don’t believe in Barack Obama,” she said. “They have a trifecta going about being opposed to everything that's proposed.”

Source

That is their job Pelosi. That is why your party got their snips handed to them TWICE during the midterms. Not to get on their knees, and serve the kings every little whim.

I don't know why Pelosi thinks her party believes in science with all their social engineering going on. Hell by the kings decree using government fascism to change the environment to suit the individual. Instead of what people have done long before government was a glimmer in their eye. Adaptation to the environment. Hell it's how we supposedly became top of the food chain.

Not by having a altruistic government cater to the peoples every neurosis.

Moving on to part deux of the pot calling the kettle:

Now that Pelosi, and her party are in the minority. They don't believe in governance. They have a trifecta going on about being opposed to everything the majority propose's.

Extreme Senate Democrats Embrace Obstructionist Hostage-taking, Threaten Shut Down

Pelosi is the pinnacle of the pot calling the kettle here.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So your mad because the dems do the exact same thing as the gop, youd think you would
Of understood that a long time ago, mud slinging is americas favorite sport.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pelosi isn't really a fair example of a Democrat. She is so off the rails it would be like calling Westboro Baptist members Christians or IS average Muslims.

Every group of people has their village idiot and Pelosi is the Democrats official moron.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

a reply to: corvuscorrax

Guess two people missed the partisan crap from Pelosi.

Thanks for adding nothing to the topic.
edit on 4-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
More partisan nonsense from neo guys! Alert the media!

In fairness to Neo there are several current threads taking something stupid or out of context said by Republicans and used to disparage all Republicans. You were not there to decry the partisan nonsense in those threads so I can only assume this is a disingenuous attempt on your part to call out Neo as partisan when it is in fact you who are playing partisan politics.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
oh well dear republicans, don't feel too badly alot of democrats don't believe in obama either!
some of also feel that the gov't's governance has crossed a few lines also!
and we kind of getting the idea that much of the "science" was bought and paid for by people who have their own agenda with profit being one of it's main pillars!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I as a non party member/ anti both parties citizen have to say...pelisi Reid and Obama are the most self serving pos I have ever heard about in american politics.

She is a complete fool, " we have to pass it to see what's in it"... Really?

I propose this be made law, but you have to pass it to find out what's in it.

What if it jacks up the price of healthcare for everyone basically making the worlds most unaffordable healthcare system even more unaffordable?

What if it requires you to participate or be fined?

What if the premiums are too expensive for regular folks to afford?

What if the copays are astronomically high, making the premiums seem not so bad?

What if a family can't afford $6,000 a year in premiums and or $7,000 copay before the insurance even pays a single cent?

Oh wait....too late this is all a fact, and this is actually a law.... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....what pos even actually votes for this?

Don't start with the " it was a repub plan originally" bs.

They are idiots too.

But weren't even close to dumb enough to make this law.

The dems were more than dumb enough.

They champion this.

Making them the dumbest of the dumb.

Congrats pelosi, you are an absolute idiot.

Pelosi's mind..." Well if we make it a law, they can afford it" . With absolutely no consideration on if they actually can, or if this is even right.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nancy has had a problem with the House representing the majority of the population since the 2010 elections.

Now that the Senate is Republican, what else can she say anymore?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
oh well dear republicans, don't feel too badly alot of democrats don't believe in obama either!
and we kind of getting the idea that much of the "science" was bought and paid for by people who have their own agenda with profit being one of it's main pillars!

Starred!!!

I agree!!

There are many areas where " the science" doesn't even follow the scientific principle.

I won't get into it here so I don't derail the thread, but " the party of science" is anything but.

They are more religious towards " science" that is be and fudged numbers than religious folks are dedicated to their gods.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Pelosi is done. I mean her and Reid are done. They may have missed their chance to exit gracefully but eventually there just going to get rooted out of office. I think the democrats want new blood up there and there going to need new blood.

But I don't listen to anything Pelosi has to say. she is almost the Sarah Palin of the democrat party with her sound bites.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You mean sorry i disdnt join you partisan bash party, too bad some people have there own opinion about politicians, î' let you gather your stars with your fake outrage about anything non right wing.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Good to know (even though I'm not a Repub), but the problem is that with Pelosi and Reid as the "leaders" of the Dems, the intelligent Dems get their voices lost in the deafening shuffle of ideology. Same is happening to many Repubs in Congress with Boehner and McConnell in charge.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

She is absolutely correct. Most (not all) don't believe in governance and by definition don't do anything except 'obstruct' any one from accomplishing anything (except for funding WARS, Corporate WELFARE and other 1% projects). They don't believe in the commons and that everything must be owned by a private entity and therefore don't protect the publics interests - which is a function of government.

And as for not believing in Science, better 'the independent process of science' (an offshoot of everything must be owned by and serve the 'Gods' or 1% interests) it's an example of poor public education and bizarre private colleges that trained up professional republicans sycophants. You know the ones that won't allow discussion of thing other then the 'party line'.

I would love to have someone, explain to me, how it is that 1% of the population is more important then the other 99% combined.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well she is half right. Republicans AND Democrats don't care about governance. So I give her partial credit.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
never cared for party factions and i still think she as a human is a complete moron.
Can we come up with a system that isn't a "my team is better than yours" competition and focuses on real issues?
It might be a bit more efficient.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It is really funny considering the Democrats have very gracefully made the transition to loyal opposition party without batting an eye. It used be that Republicans didn't care about governance because they were the opposition party. Now it must be because they are sending bills to Obama he won't sign or something or perhaps it's because they are making the Democrats play party of no.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The concept of a government where a major part of the system "doesn't believe in governance" is asinine.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
never cared for party factions and i still think she as a human is a complete moron.
Can we come up with a system that isn't a "my team is better than yours" competition and focuses on real issues?
It might be a bit more efficient.

And how do you propose to do so without some form of governance?

There was a time when to a large degree, party partisanship, was put aside in order to actually govern the country effectively and for the benefit of all citizens. Please note that I did say "to a large degree".

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Pelosi is so far removed from any "average American" you hear about.

When's the last time our legislature voted for anything that helps average Americans?

Hell yeah democrasah!

new topics

top topics

join