It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions in IRS Welfare Dollars to Be Paid Out to Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is an eye opener.

Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is on top of the tax credits, and other 'perks' they get.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Im pretty sure those problems are not specific to ones citizenship status. In my country fraudulant benefit claims by nationals far exceeds those made by non nationals.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

No use in arguing with you, I can see that to you the only solution is a communist revolution.
edit on 4-2-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I was cracking up laughing when I wrote it

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yea the irs law book is to big time cut it down simplify it so all can understand and be a little more fair, but i still want too know the amount of billions divided by amount of people getting some cause that sounds like a big amount like still sounds off unless a big portion of it goes to random irs related cost.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Why did I make it about race/immigrants?

I didn't...

That's what the topic is about.

What are you expecting people to discuss?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"earned money illegally"? Bwahahaha. No they didn't.

Now, perhaps their employer hired them illegally - in which case the onus is on the boss. But these people did the work. Their boss gave them taxed paychecks. They received W-2's to reflect this.

If you work, you get paid. That's just how it works. It's not the least bit illegal to get paid for the work you do. In fact it's illegal to not pay someone for their labor - that's called wage theft. And immigration status doesn't matter in this regard. If you work, you earn. if you earn, odds are you're taxed. if you're taxed, you could very well be entitled to a return.

Maybe instead of worrying that Pedro and Maria are getting an extra $75 to feed little Hector and Lucita, worry about the Pentagon budget.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: combiya

Potential abuse of a popular tax-credit program is costing the government billions of dollars, the IRS inspector general said in findings that may ramp up the debate over undocumented workers getting government benefits.

The IRS paid out at least $5.9 billion in improper payments of the additional child tax credit in fiscal year 2013, or about 25 percent to 30 percent of total payments, the Treasury inspector general for tax administration said Tuesday.

The IG previously reported that unauthorized workers were a major source of the improper payments, though that wasn’t spelled out in its most recent report.

IG: Billions lost to potential child tax credit fraud

E=MC2

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

What about the fraudulent tax returns filed by criminals?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

See what I just did, used a liberal technique.
edit on 4-2-2015 by NotMoose because: add period

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Fraudulence isn't the topic of the article - Immigrants claiming earned income credit is.

Guarantee you - fraudulent tax returns are still nothing compared to the robbery conducted by the pentagon. Just last August, they got five hundred billion dropped into their pockets. On top of several other "defense bills" earlier in the year. All on top of the alotted budget for the 2014 fiscal year.

Again. do you really think it's some family from Guatemala that is screwing you over?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Race debate?

What the hell are you talking about?

Everybody in here is discussing Immigrants receiving money...

That's the topic...

& stop talking nonsense.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Oops-sorry man-replied to wrong poster
edit on 4-2-2015 by FalcoFan because: public schools

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: combiya

Not odd,really.

Remember that the illegals are switching kids back and forth between relatives-as in the same child ends up being claimed multiple times by different people.

That's where the large number comes from.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Actually the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX is the biggest robbery of tax payer monies there is.

Tax credits is a huge part of that scam.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

They also aren't taxed on their income-working under the table.

If they were actually taxed-they would be shown as making too much to get these credits.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Millions of illegal immigrants are getting a bigger tax refund than you. Eyewitness News shows a massive tax loophole that provides billions of dollars in tax credits to undocumented workers and, in many cases, people who have never stepped foot in the United States. And you are paying for it!

"There is not a doubt in my mind there's huge fraud taking place here," he said, slowly flipping through the pages of a tax return.

www.wthr.com...

No doubt in my mind either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join