It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions in IRS Welfare Dollars to Be Paid Out to Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes, billions of dollars will be "refunded" to illegal immigrants who file tax returns.

Mostly due to the wide-load tax loophole called "Earned Income Tax Credit" - "Child Tax Credit" that often yields more money back than put in.

This thing has been a controversy for years already.

Many "new" tax filers are the result of the latest Obama-Amnesty efforts.

Makes normal people wonder how much of this is fraudulent.

Billions in IRS Welfare Dollars to Be Paid Out to Illegal Immigrants

Billions of dollars in tax refunds will go to all the illegals just given amnesty by Barack Obama. It was confirmed by IRS Commissioner John Koskinen Tuesday during the Senate hearings.

These are extra ‘refunds’ for money earned illegally while they were here illegally. It is being done through the Earned Income Tax Credit.

The Credit is another form of welfare in which money is redistributed to low income workers from higher-paid workers. Some get back more money than they put in.

These particular illegals are to be given Social Security numbers and with that, they can collect the Earned Income Tax Credit. They actually get paid by taxpayers for not making enough money. It was meant for our poor citizens, not them.

It Just isn't Fair !!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Our kindness is our weakness.

I imagine this same kindness will end us.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh don't worry when that cash is gone after being spent on people that don't belong here.

They will just rob from the rich some more.

Then rinse, and repeat.

I really love that 'fair share,fair play' bull snip in action.
edit on 4-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
But they are paying taxes though so whats the big deal?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

The big deal is that the individual refunds are far more than what was actually Taxed/paid in.

They are not tax payers they are refund receivers, but who cares right, if we say anything we are considered racist by LIBERALS.
edit on 4-2-2015 by NotMoose because: !!!

edit on Wed Feb 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm sure you'll get many venom filled responses to a very pertinent question.

This topic is always filled with the same vitriol from the same people.

Personally, if they pay their way, & add to the infastructure...
I don't see a problem with immigrants whether they arrived how the dictatorship approves of or not.

Edit: And the ad hominem begins... How predictable!
edit on 4-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
But they are paying taxes though so whats the big deal?

Are they?

What about fraudulent/fake tax returns?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So the people who more than likely are bringing diseases into this country will get rewarded, while the gov pits the American people against each other so we don't take notice..... Brilliant!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey something sounds off to me, im not sure how many illigal immagrant there are but... Lets say theres about 20 million and there giving out billions wouldnt that be a big check per person ? can u clear that up sounds odd

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Surely that applies to everyone equally no?, regardless of citizenship status.

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No doubt mate, i've found very few Americans who actualy understand migration, I just simply chalk it up to xenophobia to be honest.

Im just going by what YOU said in your opening post.

will be "refunded" to illegal immigrants who file tax returns.

I imagine their status as "illegals" would render any tax return as being fraudulent, but as long as they are contributing through the system of taxation I see very little to be concerned about.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'm sure you'll get many venom filled responses to a very pertinent question.

This topic is always filled with the same vitriol from the same people.

Personally, if they pay their way, & add to the infastructure...
I don't see a problem with immigrants whether they arrived how the dictatorship approves of or not.

Why make this about race (immigrants)? This is about not paying taxes and receiving a refund.
If I pay $2,000 in taxes for the year and then receive a $8,000 refund then I am not a tax payer I am a welfare recipient'

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Just like a lefty, make everything about race. I am 50% Mexican American if you want to get technical, but I do not support illegals get federal tax returns/bonuses.

link   
Don't worry about it...they will not be illegal for much longer. Then they will be legit welfare cases...

link   

originally posted by: combiya
Hey something sounds off to me, im not sure how many illigal immagrant there are but... Lets say theres about 20 million and there giving out billions wouldnt that be a big check per person ? can u clear that up sounds odd

Might not even matter.

The IRS has some strange rules.....

The residency rules for tax purposes are found in I.R.C. § 7701(b). Although the tax residency rules are based on the immigration laws concerning immigrants and nonimmigrants, the rules define residency for tax purposes in a way that is very different from the immigration laws. Under the residency rules of the Code, any alien who is not a RESIDENT ALIEN is a NONRESIDENT ALIEN. An alien will become a RESIDENT ALIEN in one of three ways:

By being admitted to the United States as, or changing status to, a Lawful Permanent Resident under the immigration laws (the Green Card Test);
By passing the Substantial Presence Test (which is a numerical formula which measures days of presence in the United States); or
By making what is called the "First-Year Choice" (a numerical formula under which an alien may pass the Substantial Presence Test one year earlier than under the normal rules). Refer to the discussion of "First-Year Choice" in Chapter 1 of Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.

Under these rules, even an undocumented (illegal) alien under the immigration laws who passes the Substantial Presence Test will be treated for tax purposes as a RESIDENT ALIEN.

Introduction to Residency Under U.S. Tax Law

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This goes into a few dark territories. Like what if an illegal immigrant has a child that was born here in the US? By that logic, they should qualify for the child tax credit. If they pay into the tax system through their paychecks, sales taxes, etc.. I don't see why they wouldn't be entitled to same refund citizens are allowed.

I don't agree with welfare queens popping out children and living off tax credits or welfare, but that disagree applies to both legal and illegal persons in this country.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No doubt mate, i've found very few Americans who actualy understand migration, I just simply chalk it up to xenophobia to be honest.

Want to try again?

Breaking the LAW is a choice.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Why not?, if they are paying taxes like anyone else, why do they not deserve to receive refunds on it like anyone else?

a reply to: neo96

LOL.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
This goes into a few dark territories. Like what if an illegal immigrant has a child that was born here in the US? By that logic, they should qualify for the child tax credit. If they pay into the tax system through their paychecks, sales taxes, etc.. I don't see why they wouldn't be entitled to same refund citizens are allowed.

I don't agree with welfare queens popping out children and living off tax credits or welfare, but that disagree applies to both legal and illegal persons in this country.

The problem is ....

Some people claim children that do not exist.

Some of the main filers don't exist either.

They get the money and disappear if and when challenged later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join