It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bleed America!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by RANT
Anyway, a hundred billion of that could have been paid back with Iraqi oil (like Kerry and the Democrats wanted) but Bush promised to veto any such troop funding measures that didn't place the entire cost on US Taxpayers.

Hey ya' Rant. I heard just the opposite. That Bush wanted to use
Iraqi oil to pay back, but that Kerry and the Dems wanted to use all
tax payer $$$.

Does anyone have a link to show what each side wanted???

(a reasonable link ... not CNN or Newsmax alone)

This was a HUGE debate at the time. It's the reason Kerry and others voted against that one funding bill Bush ran into the ground about not supporting troops or body armour.
AKA the $87 Billion Dollar Bush Lie. You won't like that link if you don't even accept CNN, but it's factual just the same. The Dems proposed a troop funding bill using oil money. Bush said he'd veto that and pushed the Republican version. You don't remember that fight?

Bush saying requiring Iraq to pay it back would be an undue effort on their part? That's not winning hearts and minds? He also went after his coalition partners to eliminate loans. This was huge.

Anyway, thanks for the other figures Ace.
It's a damn costly war. Nation building. Whatever it's supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well I read the CNN article......my eyes are bleeding, but where does it say Oil was going to pay for anything? The idea of funding war with the "spoils" of war is kinda "barberic" and a throwback. All we would have heard from the LIBS is the war was for OIL. Oh, they still said it didn't they. My bad.................Maybe we should get a loan from FRANCE since they stole so much under OIL FOR FOOD.

Note: I do not believe in foreign aid of any sort. Not a penny. Foreign aid is just buying support from blackmailers in 3rd world dictatorships. Israel notwithstanding of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When i said that buisness growth is bad for people, i generally meant the thousands of innocent iraqi civilians are the ones that are suffering.. they dont see any of the money America is raping from them.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just found out the American national debt is....... $7,577,441,017,011.97 !!! so that means that EVERY American citizen would have to pay $25,697.75 EACH to clear the debt!
Im soooo glad to live in England!
this information was found at www.brillig.com...

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Mr Lukas]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Well I read the CNN article......my eyes are bleeding, but where does it say Oil was going to pay for anything? The idea of funding war with the "spoils" of war is kinda "barberic" and a throwback. All we would have heard from the LIBS is the war was for OIL. Oh, they still said it didn't they. My bad.................Maybe we should get a loan from FRANCE since they stole so much under OIL FOR FOOD.

yeah and i am sure the USA didnt use the "spoils of war" after WW2?

Note: I do not believe in foreign aid of any sort. Not a penny. Foreign aid is just buying support from blackmailers in 3rd world dictatorships. Israel notwithstanding of course.

So you dont believe in helping people?
You believe in letting a bleeding man die of blood loss before your eyes because you would lose some money or get your hands dirty.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
I read recently that 'the war on terror' was bleeding america dry, i cannot remember the article but it said that for every �100 dollars al qaeda spent...America spent 1million dollars, and that the war cannot support its financailly, it makes sense to me, America is using the most advanced equipment in the world.. against iraqi's with ak47's and home made bombs, America is already deeply in debt without any sign of it stoping anytime soon, i hear news that america is concerned with north korea and its nuclear weapons... i dont think america could afford another venture for a long time, i think america have put them self in a 'checkmate' with ''terrorists''
this 'war on terror' is going to be one of the biggest mistakes America has ever made.

EDIT: Bled all caps out of title.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by RANT]

But were not using "the most advanced equipment" that we have. That's being saved for another time.

-Dagger

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hey, the Marshall Plan did a pretty good job of turning enemies and a ruined continent into functioning democracies after world war 2. Only trouble with that is that's now been long enough that the latest generations of both the givers (US) and the recipients have forgotten what happened.

Those who don't know (or forget) history are doomed to repeat it.

Damn, even the appeasers are back in style.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
OK, first the anti-Americans say that we're in it for the oil, now they laugh that it's bleeding us dry. I encourage America haters to pick a gripe and stick to it so that I can see you coming and ignore you as you so richly deserve.

Next: America is always in tremendous debt. It's all a big joke. What's the worst that could happen? Are the French going to repo Louisiana? Maybe the Statue of Liberty I guess... but they can have that as far as i'm concerned. It's one less thing to worry about terrorists attacking.

In the end there are really only two ways that the next 50 years can go 1. Peak Oil and Chinese predatory economics collapse the American economy and no amount of spending cutbacks can save us. 2. We do a good job of getting off of oil and pretty much the entire Western hemisphere, (perhaps excluding Canada) becomes a huge mass of client states for us to exploit, and we can spend all the cash we want then.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I could see the american goverment pretending its in more trouble then it is so it can create an economic fear, keep the people afraid .... so the goverment can increase taxes etc etc

top topics

<< 1   >>

join