It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher attacked 1st grader for having too much food at lunch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here's THE REST of the story:

Witnesses told a sheriff’s deputy that it wasn’t the first time Lemelle was inappropriate with students.

They said she often brought an empty plate to lunch and filled it with food from her students. One of the witnesses also allegedly found Lemelle in the hallway about a week ago with the same student she’s charged with abusing. The child was crying and Lemelle was yelling and “waiving a stick at him,” according to the police report.

Lemelle has taught in the district the last 10 years, and is the daughter of a retired federal prosecutor who now operates a private law firm with Cazayoux, The Advocate reports.

Reply to TrueBrit - okay, my bad, not an officially affiliated liberal but a large majority of defense attorney's are liberals, at least philosophically. Her attorney Don Cazayoux is a Dem and former "Donald J. 'Don' Cazayoux, Jr. is a former United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana" who has a law firm at which her father JS Stan Lemelle also works at and he also was "Her father, J.S. “Stan” Lemelle, a retired federal prosecutor who once served as the interim U.S. attorney for Louisiana's Middle District".

edit on 4-2-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Ok, no foul then. All I would say is, that it would be worth presenting data like that in the post to which I responded, in order to prevent confusion and upset.

Having read what you state there, and taking you at your word that these data are in fact accurate, I can see what you mean. Still, Liberal attitudes cannot be connected to ones propensity to support a child abuser, or indeed abuse a child oneself. There are bastards in every demographic, but the only one in which they are a majority, is within politics as a whole!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm surprised that she hasn't been referred to as a "Gentle Giant" lol

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well. the new laws will let teachers shoot them!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

wow lunch size is nobodys business besides the kids' parents. Maybe he or she shares his lunch treats. A great friend of mine always had tons of homemade cookies and brownies and she shared them with the table every day. It was awesome. And delicious.

how dare this teacher do this to the kid--could cause that kid and any watching to have problems with food/weight later in life. how incredibly ignorant of her.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
OK she had an episode but now she'll get disability and an Obama phone for LIFE!!! A little therapy and then EASY LIVING!!

Well duhh who couldn't see that coming.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think upon conviction, she should be put to work in a heavily supervised lunch kitchen.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Oh no, it is the federal governments' business via Michelle Obama's lunch rules. Haven't you been paying attention? And a taco does not fall within the parameter of vegetable or fruit.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As a teacher I can't begin to understand the motives behind this person's actions. It makes me ashamed for all the obvious reasons: teachers should care more than anything else for the welfare of their charges, they should be compassionate and if the very idea of physical violence occurs to them they should rethink seriously their aptitude for the job.
As a parent I also can't understand the actions of this adult towards a young child, this is no heavyweight teenager threatening you is it?
I believe that teaching is not really a job, it is a vocation, you do it because you love it, not because it pays well, after all, it just doesn't pay well!
I suspect this person is not a teacher because she wants to be one, but rather because she can.
Less hiring of "whoever will do the damn job" more "let's find the people who WANT to do the job"!

edit on 4-2-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Now who was it that thought arming teachers with guns in school was good idea

looks like there will be a job in Texas waiting for her and her awesome attitude

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now who was it that thought arming teachers with guns in school was good idea

looks like there will be a job in Texas waiting for her and her awesome attitude

Well maybe just maybe a course in gun safety would have changed this teacher's attitude.

In fact, it could have saved her job.

She would have thought before acting.

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yep and maybe if i buy a lottery ticket tonight i might win a million dollars

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Of course, school is all about 13 years of indoctrination. You're taught to do as they say, when they say it. Questioning authority and commands results in discipline. Criticizing? Expulsion.

Home school

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

Prior to the incident, witnesses said Lemelle yelled at the student “in a loud and degrading manner because he was not walking like he was supposed to,” and held the child back from the lunch line until his classmates received their food, according to the police report. When the student returned with his lunch, Lemelle allegedly made the child sit by himself, then took some of his food, telling him “he only needed one taco,” the news site reports.

I have a son in first grade. If this had been my child I would have found her and been arrested as well.

Is she broke and doesn't eat at home, or is just a miserly cheap wench??? I'm honestly asking.

The witnesses told the deputy that Chanel Lemelle often brought an empty plate to lunch and filled it with food from her students. One of the witnesses also told a deputy that she saw Chanel Lemelle yelling at the same student as he was crying against a wall in a hallway about a week earlier.

Seriously? Seriously? Ummm, who does that!

“She’s devastated,” Cazayoux said. “She loves her students and she would never do anything intentionally to hurt any of them.”

A sheriff’s deputy who reviewed camera footage of the incident wrote in a report that as the student walked by Chanel Lemelle in the cafeteria, she could be seen kicking him in the rear. The video also showed her slapping the boy on the back of the head, the deputy wrote.

Guys, you are NOT being fair to this woman! That kid needed help walking! Her hands were full of taco grease! She was doing the best she could. The only way she could help this kid walk was to use her feet! She wasn't slapping him in the head! She was patting him for a job well done! You guys have this all wrong! This lady deserves a medal!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Here is the thing with head slaps....

The can be only one...Leroy Jethro Gibbs

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
"The teacher has a history of similar behavior deficiencies and has resigned and has been charged by police."

Here's a little more about the incident from OP link regarding this "loving" educator and "harmless" child abuser.

“A sheriff’s deputy who reviewed camera footage of the incident wrote in an arrest report that as the student walked by Lemelle in the school’s cafeteria, she could be seen kicking him in the rear,” according to The Advocate.

“The video also showed her slapping the boy on the back of the head, the deputy wrote.”

Prior to the incident, witnesses said Lemelle yelled at the student “in a loud and degrading manner because he was not walking like he was supposed to,” and held the child back from the lunch line until his classmates received their food, according to the police report.

When the student returned with his lunch, Lemelle allegedly made the child sit by himself, then took some of his food, telling him “he only needed one taco,” the news site reports.

The student recounted the same story when interviewed by Child Advocacy Services, according to the West Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Lemelle was charged with one count of cruelty to juveniles Monday, immediately posted a $20,000 bail, and was released. She was replaced by a new teacher the same day, superintendent Hollis Milton told The Advocate.

Her attorney is just another liberal lying pig. ETA: She did SEVERAL things wrong to this child. For some reason, it appears she really had it in for him. Poor kid.

Sadly there are some educators who make your kids life a living he** in school. If your kid says their teacher hates them, sometimes they really are telling the truth. Growing up my brother had one teacher who would give him a detention for the stupidest stuff. The school rule was you could wear a hat in school but not in class. She would give him a detention because he took off his hat a second too late. He would get a detention for putting his book bag on the floor too loudly. I kid you not, he got a detention for his laces being untied. (It might cause another student to trip.) After awhile he had enough and decided if I'm going to get a detention, might as well get in trouble for them. So he use the desk to play drums, chew gum in class, just stupid stuff right back. Now I had this teacher for English 6 years prior. She adored me, then again, I hung out with the teachers and was an AV kid. But let me tell you, she was a NUTJOB! She would leave the window open in the winter time and freeze all the kids, (and you couldn't bring your coat either because you would just sweat in the next class and your locker was at the completely other end of the school by the football stadium), and she would close the windows and turn the heat on near summer. Serious whacked out of her gourd old lady who should have quit teaching years ago, but (probably because of tenure) the school probably couldn't get rid of her. Us students always thought there was something off about her, but some of us tried getting on her good side if we wanted to get home on time.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Anyafaj

Here is the thing with head slaps....

The can be only one...Leroy Jethro Gibbs

While the best slap is ALWAYS DiNozzo slap

It's always good to know, Gibbs is an Equal Opportunity Slapper!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The teacher has a history of similar behavior deficiencies and has resigned and has been charged by police.

Every single student that is diagnosed with depression or dyslexia is a potential threat.

Add a teacher that has a history of questionable actions.

And the state always wins.
edit on 5-2-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm not even surprised she is black.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wtf, if it was known she had a history of this behavior then why the hel was she still there.?

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join