It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3rd Anti-Christ THE ULTIMATE LOGIC BENDER

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you believe in religion and God you know that everything has been created by God and planned by God.

So the 3rd Anti-Christ is of Gods plan?

Does that mean he or she is a necessary evil that is meant to be released upon this world?

Does that not mean that the Devil,Satan,Lucifer or whatever we call the so called adversary was a predetermined rebellious angel ?

Does this not mean God allowed evil in the first place and planned the whole thing?

It is rather THE ULTIMATE LOGIC BENDER!

Because if you think of it Angels had no freewill so The Adversary was meant to rebel as it was predetermined by Gods plan.

Religion either contradicts itself or God is one sick and twisted individual who is making us play the game for his,her's or its amusement.
edit on 4-2-2015 by ViciLaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

-Epicurus

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

-Epicurus

Exactly! But it is an interesting theory if all is made by the so called God does that not make evil his creation

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

So the 3rd Anti-Christ is of Gods plan?

Please excuse my ignorance, but who were the first two 'Anti-Christ's'?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Literal translations from the bible could suggest all sorts of things. Man's interpretation of man's interpretation of man's interpretation etc. cannot be trusted.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ViciLaw
If you believe in religion and God you know that everything has been created by God and planned by God.

...yada yada....why does God allow Evil...yada yada...

Religion either contradicts itself or God is one sick and twisted individual who is making us play the game for his,her's or its amusement.

There sure are a lot of threads started on this topic! People obviously have a problem understanding God.

You have to understand that His ultimate gift to you is Free Will. Without that foundation of understanding it's impossible to move on really.

If you get that, then you can understand that he doesn't 'pre-determine' what you are going to do, he simply knows how you will choose everything in your life. So God isn't 'planning' everything, he simply knows what will happen because he knows all the factors going into the decisions people make. Thus you still have Free Will.

So God isn't 'one sick and twisted individual'. Not in my belief system anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The most defining aspect of this reality is free will. There would be less growth and understanding if all we had to choose from was chocolate eclairs or apple pie.

Lucifer is certainly part of Gods creation. He would not be here otherwise. He serves God by providing the contrasts and catalysts for mankind's most efficient experience.

Evil or service to self is integral. What gives you the idea angels don't have free will?

After creating earth, I believe many angels wanted to join in the fun. They uncarnated in human form. Some joined the dark side. Some joined the light.

One day we shall all get together and compare notes. I can hear it now.

"Holy #, Lucifer, I almost crapped my pants when you got the Pope to agree to launder all the heroin cash through the Vatican Bank. What an awesome cover. I got suckered unto believing the Pope was in our side. You crack me up, bitch!"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The prevailing theory for most Christians is that Lucifer first tempted Eve with the apple. God knew this would happen. However, because of the free will he gave to Mankind, he also knew that Eve would take the apple, and thus become aware of good and evil. In a sense, Christianity needs someone like Lucifer or the anti-christ to act as a foil to their own God or Jesus. God, at least according to myself, is complicit in the creation of evil, because without evil mankind would not know what is good or holy.

But that's just the theory of simple atheist.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The major monotheistic religions can't wait for this beautiful, mysterious, amazing planet to end in fire and bloodshed. They pray for the day to come sooner rather than later. It's sickening.
I'm not afraid of an antichrist. I'm afraid of my beautiful home being destroyed by psychotic religious barbarians for an imaginary murderer who lives in the clouds.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

The major monotheistic religions can't wait for this beautiful, mysterious, amazing planet to end in fire and bloodshed. They pray for the day to come sooner rather than later. It's sickening.
I'm not afraid of an antichrist. I'm afraid of my beautiful home being destroyed by psychotic religious barbarians for an imaginary murderer who lives in the clouds.

Man sometimes I wish I could destroy all religions and let science take the wheel

Can you imagine how much better the world would be

More cures, possibly personal space crafts,people live longer, no more wars over primitive beliefs

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Idk about that. There would still be greed and corruption but at least it wouldn't hide behind a god. We'd still have lots of conflict I believe, but people could decipher good from evil based on logic rather than "divine" ideas, which couldn't be a bad thing.
edit on 4-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

-Epicurus

There are philosophy scholars who believe Epicurus said this in an attempt to get people to think beyond there dogmatic beliefs. Atheists like to quote it because for some reason they think it disproves God.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

Idk about that. There would still be greed and corruption but at least it wouldn't hide behind a god. We'd still have lots of conflict I believe, but people could decipher good from evil based on logic rather than "divine" ideas, which couldn't be a bad thing.

Mmm indeed but we do need a leader that will finally aim his political campaign and follow it by the principle of For the people, By the people and With the people. Someone that would make politicians realize that they work for the people and not for themselves by fattening their pockets if money.

We can only dream

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

-Epicurus

There are philosophy scholars who believe Epicurus said this in an attempt to get people to think beyond there dogmatic beliefs. Atheists like to quote it because for some reason they think it disproves God.
I don't think it disproves God at all. I too hold the opinion of scholars that it was intended to think beyond Dogma. I may be an atheist, but I can say that this quote does nothing to "disprove" God. It only asks questions that those in the faith should also be asking themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What if every person in the world is just male? or female? What if everything is just plain white? What if everybody are billionaire? What if everything you need you can get it without going out of your house?

In order for anything to work out you need to create movement and variety. Black/white, sound/silence, up/down, rich/poor, male/female, good/evil.

We as a creation of God (made like him), can do both good and evil. That doesn't mean He is evil, means that He can choose what to be. The same happen to us, we choose a side. So everything in the creation has the ability to choose between good or evil.

Free will.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If there is an all-powerful, omnipresent God that can exist outside time and space, yet manifest within time and space, I find it a bit silly that people get annoyed because He isn't excatly what they want Him to be.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You have to understand that His ultimate gift to you is Free Will.

Yes. You are free to do things god's way, or suffer his wrath. That's not free will, that's coercion.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

God knows all possibilities, so he plans for them, just as we make plans for hurricanes, but what makes you think that angels have no free will? The fact that some angels are fallen and some are not seems to indicate the opposite. God allowed evil to manifest, because He knows He can defeat it. You cant build a family without the potential of some members leaving the family.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
But isn't it just circular logic? Like "Can God mkae a rock so big that He can't lift it?" taken a step further.
As people have explained, humans have free wills.

There are plenty of bible scholars who explain very eloquently what the ancient Hebrew writings were talking about
in Genesis. They truly explain the "workings" of God. It's quite fascinating. The elohim, the logos, etc...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You have to understand that His ultimate gift to you is Free Will.

Yes. You are free to do things god's way, or suffer his wrath. That's not free will, that's coercion.

I don't believe in the 'Hell' story, and it's distinct lack of discussion in the many assembled stories in the Bible leads me to think there is no 'Hell' and thus no 'wrath'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join