It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garbage Pail Kids Cards....anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I recently was cleaning out the closet and found all of my old cards from when I was a kid. Anyone know if these are still collectible at all? Would be nice to find out I have a treasure trove of cards in this box. Probably have around 450 cards from 1st series on I would guess, but have not really counted. Just trying to find out some info on them to see if they have any value still.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They sure can be.

io9.com...

If you have a full set you can get 800 bucks for them.

Oh here is an ebay thingy to compare.

www.ebay.com...

Btw I charge 10% for this info lol

edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Those were banned when I was a kid for being racist , sexist and a few other reasons if I remember correctly. Funny as he'll all the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

They sure can be.

io9.com...

If you have a full set you can get 800 bucks for them.

Oh here is an ebay thingy to compare.

www.ebay.com...

Btw I charge 10% for this info lol

Ah....well that is cool.....maybe I will have to go through them and see what all I have exactly.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Those were banned when I was a kid for being racist , sexist and a few other reasons if I remember correctly. Funny as he'll all the same.

Seems like I remember something about that as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Just do a quick search on e bay. We sell cards, mostly sports cards on there. No we are not selling garbage pail kids but we have two big sheets of uncut cards that we got at a comic con back in the 80s. Mad Donna was one of my favorites.
edit on 242015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hate reading info like that, i had to whole set, sold them 5yrs ago for £50!!, i feel like letting the air out of my wheelchair tyres, just to punish myself!! a reply to: boymonkey74

All the best
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I used to collect these for years when I was a little kid. I just found an old trapper keeper I had with "Armpit Brit" stuck to it. Between these and the old Nintendo cards, I could have had a small fortune now. Glad your found these and you might want to hold onto them a few more years, this stuff is just starting to make a comeback.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have a stack of them too. One of the only things I still have from being a kid. I think I broke everything else I owned. I rember those being stuck on everything for a while. Such I nice decor. I see why our parents hated them. They came with gum didn't they? If that was even gum.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

Oh the amount of things I have owned which are worth a small fortune now.
I had an amazing comic collection and had a teenage ninja turtle number one (15k right there) plus loads of records and my 2nd ex wife burnt them all (plus a fender bass guitar) because I was 15 mins late from work.
I think she destroyed around 25k stirling worth.....
Still makes me cry nearly.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont remember that and I was not a kid in the 80s. I think like all of that kind of stuff that new fads and interests replaced them. What do we hear about Holly Hobby or Strawberry Shortcake these days? They were pretty hot dolls back then. They even had there own cartoon.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My oldest son kept all of his He-man Masters of the Universe toys. Castle Greyskull with a voice changer that when you talked into it made you sound big and mean. He has most of the accessories too. The animals the vehicles, swords and a lot of the characters. He received them for birthdays and Christmas for several years. My husband being a memorabilia collector encouraged the kids to save stuff. Not everything of course. Our youngest who is much younger than the oldest by like 21 years kept a large collection of little people toys. Buildings and cars and people.
We also have unopened star wars toys. Characters and a few vehicles but not the millennium falcon which we did have at one time. The newest members are Lord of The Ring characters. The hobbits, Aragorn, Gollum, Orcs .
We have Mod Squad cards and Laugh In cards and Jaws cards. And not a whole lot of free space Lol.

reply to: Schwallyjdog

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I get ya, the amount of comics i wish i still had, the ones i miss the most are my collection of lobo comics. Ive always made sure no ex's get anywhere near my guitars, the slightest hint of conflict, they were took to my mates or my mums!!, ive got a nice late 80's jackson dinky with seymore duncs and a b c rich kkv, those and my guns i guard with my life!!
B. V. H a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
She did that because you were late? Me thinks there's probably a bit more to that story. LOL.

A reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I wish there was...
She used to batter me for no reason.
I was a battered soon to be husband...so glad I saw sense after the wedding it only lasted a month lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There was no indication she was . Psycho?? You should sue for the value of the collectables. Did you have photos?
a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Plenty, her violence but I loved her...

Anyhow back to the OP.

I found a Return of the jedi sticker book I had as a kid at my Mums complete as well but I must of spilt pop all over it cos it went all moudy lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Poor baby. Well live and learn right???a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I love those things. My mom always hated them because she thought they encouraged kids to pick on each other but oh well. They're great. I think I saw an episode of one of those pawn shop shows where somebody had a collection of them. I'm not sure how much the expert or whatever said they were worth. I wasn't paying attention that much. I'd say they're still collectible. Here's a price guide that shows how much each card is worth. After looking at them I wish I hadn't lost my collection when my storage thing was sold off because I couldn't pay. I'd be rich by now lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have some garbage pail kids packs still with the gum in them from the first go around. I opened one up and tried the gum. Although it crumbled in my mouth, it turned back into the same "gum" I remember from them.

I have a room full of superman stuff, comics included, and a very understanding/patient wife! My wedding band is just the superman symbol over and over all the way around! lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join