It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion makes you crazy - Islamic evidence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Christians are 100% responsible for the prejudice, persecution and hatred gays have been and are being subjected to for the last 2000 years. Before that nobody gave two ****s who people
were sleeping with or who people loved.

They may be slowly mellowing now, dropping the OT etc, due in no small part to secular society, but it doesn't change the fact that they as a group are directly responsible.

And that isn't an opinion.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: grandmakdw

Christians are 100% responsible for the prejudice, persecution and hatred gays have been and are being subjected to for the last 2000 years. Before that nobody gave two ****s who people
were sleeping with or who people loved.

They may be slowly mellowing now, dropping the OT etc, due in no small part to secular society, but it doesn't change the fact that they as a group are directly responsible.

And that isn't an opinion.

So that is why the Muslims have been trying to whip a cure into homosexuals?
Is that why the penalty for homosexuality is often death in Muslim countries.
What about Putins decrees against homosexuality? He is atheist.
I don't see Christians trying to put homosexuals to death, do you?

One other person was angry that I said:
My belief as a Christian is live and let live
I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not, that is their choice, not my business.
However, it is rude and crass to be in my face about bedroom activities.

The person took that as an insult to homosexuals:
So let me clarify.

I think it is rude and crude to behave in a manner that is in your face that you prefer and would bend over for any male organ (T&C) i.e. Miley Cyrus onstage and offstage behavior, tweets, etc., women who aren't hookers slobbering over men like they are hookers
I think it is rude and crude to behave in a manner that is in your face that you are deeply interested in the female reproductive organs i.e. Justin Beiber's regular behavior; men who crotch grab themselves and leer at women in public
I also find many of the half-naked, leering, and sexually gyrating people in gay pride parades to be rude and crude.

I don't want to outlaw the rude and crude behavior,
but I don't appreciate rude and crude behavior in public for anyone.
"Making out" or sexual groping in public;
leering and making sexual remarks toward others in public;
making sexual innuendos about strangers loud enough for others to hear;
provocatively prancing around in outfits that outline or show way too much of ones sexual or mammary organs (not the beach);
these activities force others to know exactly what your bedroom activities are.
That is what I mean by one being, "in your face" about ones bedroom activities.
It is rude to others to behave this way
the crude behavior tells the world that you don't know how to be a person who cares about the feelings of others.
Once one behaves in a rude and crude way in public,
they are making what they do in the bedroom,
everyone's business through flaunting it in a way that is embarrassing to themselves.

Be as sexually active and sexually risk taking as you want,
with any happily participating adult of any gender,
not my business,
and don't make it my business through ones public behavior.

And I'm NOT talking about hand holding, public goodbye pecks, public quick hugs,
or fully clothed and marching (shouting, banner holding etc) gay pride participants.

a reply to: and14263

edit on 8Sun, 08 Feb 2015 08:20:35 -0600am20802amk080 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Putin is an orthodox Christian.
Uganda (Christian) has the death penalty for repeat offenders of homosexuality (if you're caught after only doing it once, you get life imprisonment).

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
So that is why the Muslims have been trying to whip a cure into homosexuals?

Yep, Islam is an offshoot of christianity after all.....

Is that why the penalty for homosexuality is often death in Muslim countries.

Yep, Islam is an offshoot of christianity after all.....

No, Vlad is a devout member of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Over the last 2,000 years Christians put a great many people to death and are still doing it today all around the world. JUst because you don't see it on FOX News doesn't mean it didn't happen...

One other person was angry that I said:
My belief as a Christian is live and let live
I don't care if someone is a homosexual or not, that is their choice, not my business.
However, it is rude and crass to be in my face about bedroom activities.

The person took that as an insult to homosexuals:
So let me clarify.

I think it is rude and crude to behave in a manner that is in your face that you prefer and would bend over for any male organ (T&C) i.e. Miley Cyrus onstage and offstage behavior, tweets, etc., women who aren't hookers slobbering over men like they are hookers
I think it is rude and crude to behave in a manner that is in your face that you are deeply interested in the female reproductive organs i.e. Justin Beiber's regular behavior; men who crotch grab themselves and leer at women in public
I also find many of the half-naked, leering, and sexually gyrating people in gay pride parades to be rude and crude.

I don't want to outlaw the rude and crude behavior,
but I don't appreciate rude and crude behavior in public for anyone.
"Making out" or sexual groping in public;
leering and making sexual remarks toward others in public;
making sexual innuendos about strangers loud enough for others to hear;
provocatively prancing around in outfits that outline or show way too much of ones sexual or mammary organs (not the beach);
these activities force others to know exactly what your bedroom activities are.
That is what I mean by one being, "in your face" about ones bedroom activities.
It is rude to others to behave this way
the crude behavior tells the world that you don't know how to be a person who cares about the feelings of others.
Once one behaves in a rude and crude way in public,
they are making what they do in the bedroom,
everyone's business through flaunting it in a way that is embarrassing to themselves.

Be as sexually active and sexually risk taking as you want,
with any happily participating adult of any gender,
not my business,
and don't make it my business through ones public behavior.

And I'm NOT talking about hand holding, public goodbye pecks, public quick hugs,
or fully clothed and marching (shouting, banner holding etc) gay pride participants.

You're offended by displays of sexuality, ok

So what? why should anyone care that you're offended?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

False

islam does not stem or "offshoot" from christianity.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to stereotype people.

I thought lumping groups of people together and judging all of them based off the actions of individuals was a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So what? why should anyone care that you're offended

because we all have to get along eventually.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

False

islam does not stem or "offshoot" from christianity.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to stereotype people.

I thought lumping groups of people together and judging all of them based off the actions of individuals was a bad thing.

How you wish it wasn't true....right?

Mohammed claims to believe in the God of Abraham, and that Arabs are the descendants of Ishmael, but also accepts that Jesus was a prophet of God and was born of a virgin.He sort of went through both religions with a shopping cart, picking and choosing what he wanted...er...I mean the Arc Angel Gabriel dictated to him the words of the Koran "correcting" where both religions went wrong.

Kissing cousins, so to speak...
edit on 8-2-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So what? why should anyone care that you're offended

because we all have to get along eventually.

Being offended is basically being annoyed or upset. The poster I was replying to said he got upset when he saw sexual activity.

Sad day for him, but why should anyone care?

Does he expect people to stop merely because it upsets him?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I enjoy my sex very much.

It is my favorite sin.

I strongly believe that in order for families to raise children that do not get sidetracked and out of focus on their personal goals that do not include sex then it is necessary for me to keep the majority of my kink behind closed doors and that will allow others to focus on things that are not as energy filled and attention grabbing as my acts. it just seems respectful to do so. Then later on in life if they choose to explore things other than their dreams they are welcome to come watch or join.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I enjoy my sex very much.

It is my favorite sin.

I strongly believe that in order for families to raise children that do not get sidetracked and out of focus on their personal goals that do not include sex then it is necessary for me to keep the majority of my kink behind closed doors and that will allow others to focus on things that are not as energy filled and attention grabbing as my acts. it just seems respectful to do so. Then later on in life if they choose to explore things other than their dreams they are welcome to come watch or join.

That's nice and everything, but it doesn't answer the question.

If you did choose to show your 'kink' via energetic acts and the previous poster got upset, so what?

Why should anyone care?

edit on 8-2-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

In public?

Then i would be corrupting the minds of everyone that happen to see.

It is kinda like smoking in public and how some claim 2nd hand smoke can cause damage.

We have been forced to restrict that.

Personally i do not believe the smoke hype.

Just like you may not believe that such acts in public can damage others from their own personal goal that requires them to remain focused.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

In public?

Then i would be corrupting the minds of everyone that happen to see.

You might give a few folk a few ideas, suggestions, but you wouldn't influence as many people as you seem to think you would. The fact that this is even an issue is down to the apparent arrival of a certain wandering Jew over 2000 years ago.

It is kinda like smoking in public and how some claim 2nd hand smoke can cause damage.

Except in those circumstances we know that smoke is in the air when someone is smoking, that it's being inhaled by others not smoking, and that smoking can lead to serious respiratory illnesses. None of that can be applied to displays of sexuality.

We have been forced to restrict that.

Yep, and it's all down to Christianity just like the persecution of gay folk.

Personally i do not believe the smoke hype.

You don't accept evolution either do you?...

Just like you may not believe that such acts in public can damage others from their own personal goal that requires them to remain focused.

This is very vague, could you go into more detail?

There's scientific evidence that passive smoking can harm others, whereas there is no evidence that displays of sexuality 'corrupt' others (whatever you mean by that anyway)...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join