It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro Montana Ranch = Westworld or Tavistock Study Ground?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Win an all expense paid trip to 18,000 acre cattle ranch and old West town in the Crazy Mountains of Montana!!

For Smokers! Has been on-going for years

Middle class and lower being cared for by upper middle class employees. Excellent security--retired CIA and Special Forces.

No internet! Health forms required!

Instant win game---sweetiessweeps.com...

www.crazymountainranch.info...

www.mtpioneer.com...

"A wall rises from the middle of the Shields Valley, one guarded more securely than the United States border with Canada or Mexico, and so hard to penetrate that it has been compared to Area 51, the super secret military installation in the Nevada desert. The wall, a fence really, between the outside world and the institution within, is so protected that many who know of it question at great length anyone who has made it behind the gates and returned. Most Park County residents know it’s there, but few know what lies inside, which has many of us pondering Robert Frost's timeless question—do good fences make good neighbors, or, as the poet suggests, do they offend?.....More..."

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Sounds like the compound I'd like to build...

Anyone have any G-Maps on it? Any previous research indicating what it might be?

I don't know much about it - but this is a cool bit of fact... I'll be interested to see where this thread goes.

Let's just hope some serious analysis follows; rather than mindless dribble.

I'll be checking in later.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I won't link to the youtube videos of folks who have been there and posted their trips, but there are several that can be found with a search. Looks like an enjoyable trip, more so in summer---but, seems more than a bit suspicious for just a tax write-off or good-will gesture by Corporate Giant-- Phillip Morris.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My friend won this trip about two years ago. But it was to a place in Moab Utah. They had him do hard physical labor and on the off time they were catered to and allowed to party and explore the surrounding areas. He said it was awesome and it was a really nice place and was given about $6000 I believe and the trip was paid for. I'll have to ask him more about it now and see if he thought it was strange and secretive. And he pretended to be a marloboro smoker. I think they have him a few packs. He doesn't even smoke. Ha
edit on 4-2-2015 by Schwallyjdog because: Typo

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

Hard physical labor? Are we talking digging holes and ditches? What?

Why would I want to win a trip to do physical labor for someone else?
edit on 4-2-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"Known locally as the The Marlboro Ranch, the official name of the place is The Crazy Mountain Ranch, but the spread was originally called the Deadrock Guest Ranch before Phillip Morris bought it. It is nearly 18,000 acres, and is a working cattle ranch where cows are raised for rodeo stock, beef products, and tax right-offs. It is used by the Phillip Morris Co. as a retreat for Marlboro cigarette consumers and their guests. Marlboro smokers fill out forms on-line and are then selected and invited to the ranch by the Korman Marketing Group, a marketing and hospitality firm that puts on Marlboro promotional events. All visitor expenses are covered by Phillip Morris—airfare, transportation, meals, entertainment, even wardrobe costs are put on the tobacco giant’s tab. The goal is to provide an experience that will create a lifetime bond between smokers and Marlboro cigarettes. Basically, the corporate strategy is to wine and dine a target audience to build brand loyalty"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
YA actually. Shovel and elbow grease. I think it was something like puting up a fence and general upkeep of the ranch. The incentive was the thousands of dollars and a free trip out west. It sounded crazy to me too. He had to make a video of himself and he was picked for doing a good job sounding enthused about it I believe. He's a pretty smart guy and has a way with words. He said he's going to try it again.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's a map:
www.crazymountainranch.info...

About 95 cars parked a little to the North.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wow, i did not know this was here. Interesting read, only 4 hours from me. I may have to do some talking and see if i can work my way into a mini vacation one of these days.
Its the flatter part of montana, East side has some hill's, but not like the west side i live in. Our hills reach 11k to 12k feet above sea level.
But there is still some nice views over there. Ranches this size are not uncommon here, there are many this size and bigger. Would be so nice to have a chunk of land this size. I could forget about the world and enjoy life.
Thanks for the story and the read, and if i am lucky for the close to home vacation in the future.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My son won this trip for him and a friend. He thought it was a scam, then decided to call. It's for real. After filling out some forms, and passing a background check, he and his friend both received suitcases in the mail, and a prepaid visa to pay the baggage handlers at the airport. They were fed on the way, and treated like royalty. When they arrived, after some snacks, they got their room. It was filled with free prizes. He got a pair of nice boots, a stetson, a leather coat, a windbreaker, a top-of-the-line digital camera, t-shirt, ball cap, gobs of other various odds and ends, plus cigs for the 5 days. They were fed the most delicious food they could imagine, all they wanted, free, plus alcoholic beverages, unlimited. They got to choose between lots of different activities for daytime fun, (white water rafting, fly fishing, cattle roping, off-road, and more I forgot) and in the evening they hung out at the saloon, where they were entertained with live music. The people serving them, in all areas, were the nicest people. He spent some time just wandering around the area on his own, exploring. They both had the time of their live and never spent a dime from the time they left till they got back. Afterwards, he got a check for $2000, to cover the taxes. Every detail was covered!

We had a good laugh when he got the invite to "Crazy Mountain", and joked about it for a few days. I kept reading the mail, searching for that fine print we were sure HAD to be there somewhere, but it was all legit. They told him when he made the call, they send out millions of these free trips each year, but most people think it's a scam of some kind, and don't call. It's purely to show appreciation to their devoted customers. So go to their website and sign up! Once you are on the mailing list, they send you free gifts periodically. He got an E-cig kit a while back. About the time he ran out of filters, new filters arrived for them. Ash trays, lighters, lots of coupons. Lots of trees die to provide the mailings they send though. Big heavy, glossy, poster-like fold-outs that house the coupons. But other than the excessive paper usage, no complaints.

No activities were forced on them. They chose if and what they wanted to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

That is just so odd to me...

As far as marketing goes, the data mining from all the applications sent by consumers has got to be the payoff here for Phillip Morris because a full tilt vacay for a select few sure isn't. Still, would love to have a skeptic apply and win in order to document no hinkiness is going on there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the application form? I am in Montana, and this sound like it would be a lot of fun if anyone could help. I know that WE need a vacation!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You dont actually apply, it's something you win. Just sign up at their website to be on the mailing list. Then pay attention to what seems like junk mail.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know it seems hard to believe. We were very skeptical about it. I made my big speech about fine print, and how there had to be a catch. But no. Its just an all-expenses-paid trip, out of the blue, just to show appreciation. They send coupons often, and its possible to win another trip, even if you won before. I imagine its all to keep the customers happy and devoted.

They schedule the winners so that those who live in close proximity all go at the same time. I was there to pick my son and his buddy up at the airport. There were a few dozen returning from the ranch, all ages, all wearing their boots, stetsons, Marlboro t-shirts, carrying their Marlboro backpacks and luggage stuffed with prizes.... all smiling, and happy. If that's not great advertizing in a crowded airport, I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

I asked my son about the physical labor. He said that was another thing that he received in the mail also. He didn't enter. It had to do with their ongoing renovation and upkeep. It involved writing an essay, and having it chosen. The ones they picked got to be involved. Like you said, they do their work, and get the usual fun in the off-time, and get paid for working, plus all the cool gifts.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schwallyjdog
My friend won this trip about two years ago. But it was to a place in Moab Utah. They had him do hard physical labor and on the off time they were catered to and allowed to party and explore the surrounding areas. He said it was awesome and it was a really nice place and was given about $6000 I believe and the trip was paid for. I'll have to ask him more about it now and see if he thought it was strange and secretive. And he pretended to be a marloboro smoker. I think they have him a few packs. He doesn't even smoke. Ha

This is very bizarre. Why would any ranch hire newbie fence builders/repairers--and give them parties, drinks, free room and board, and a check for $6K for 2-3 days work?

If I were to "win" such a trip, I'd worry that I was the lab rat for some chemical or psychological experiment.

The aerial photo shows about 100 vehicles parked in what must be the "employee" zone, since the winners are picked up at the airport, IIRC.

One other thing--you must "certify" that you are a smoker. This will have consequences on health insurance costs.

It is possible that these "entertainment Ranches" use these kinds of events to keep their staff and facilities in continuous operating condition for when the Corporate Big Boys decide they want the use of same.

top topics

join