It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Becomes Fact: Oil Collapse Is All About Crushing Russian Control Over Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Considering the rebels claimed they brought the plane down and then tried to backtrack when they found out they shot down a civilian airliner I don't think western media was that far off with their reporting.

I don't believe they were too far off myself, but he asked for my opinion in how it was reported and it DOES admittedly get a usual coat of western spin. This is not to expected of course. RT does the very same thing, though (in my opinion), RT sometimes resorts to outright lies in order push their agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

a reply to: sosobad

Considering the "sources" people have used to support their claims are in fact blogs I don't see anything to support the claims made.

I believe he actually quoted the articles from the blog so not so much his claims. Is there something in the t and c's stating you can't post anything from a blog?

Nope.. but a blog is not a news source. They are based on the authors opinions.

You got praised for your knowledge about the Ukrainian situation in this topic, so you should know all 3 blogs use factual information as a basis for their analysis, and by that you should also be able to make the right assessment about it being sound analyses or not.

But you just wanted to bring them down because it goes against the narrative you want to spread...?

And don`t ask me for the proof, because you can`t hide behind not being knowledgeable if you downplay something you do that from knowledge are you were just trolling.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Considering the rebels claimed they brought the plane down and then tried to backtrack when they found out they shot down a civilian airliner I don't think western media was that far off with their reporting.

How in the World are we getting at MH17 all of sudden again ?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Because all other attempts at thread derailment has failed. Nothing to do with the question asked or the op.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As a disclaimer, sorry if my English isn't spot on sometimes. ATS is pretty much the only place where I speak(type?) English anymore so sometimes I miss words or mess up my grammar.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
is it worth going into another great depression over this syria bull#? nuke them for all I care! If the powers that be dont stabalize oil soon millions of hard working people will be on the streets very soon and they will have a home grown problem on their hands.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You keep supporting the Neo-Nazi backed Ukrainian government fella! At least everybody here knows you stand shoulder to shoulder with Nazi's. Good luck with that Adolf!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
How in the World are we getting at MH17 all of sudden again ?

Because the question about how western media reports Russian affairs was raised. I used MH17 as an example of why some on the pro Russian side think the west is unfairly biased against Russia. I pointed out that pro Russians claimed the attack and then back tracked.

If you are going to ask questions then you should keep up with the answers / conversation.

a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Because all other attempts at thread derailment has failed. Nothing to do with the question asked or the op.

You took us down that road when you failed to understand what a statement was. You then failed to understand my responses to your posts that were directed at me.

I was perfectly happy to leave it at the one and only post I made on page 3 however you decided to drag me into it with your comment about users denouncing the sources and then leaving the thread.

Since the topic is so ridiculous I was happy to let you guys wallow in your own propaganda. Since the topic went nowhere I think that is the reason you did what you did with the post accusing users of unfairly dismissing sources.

Zerohedge - which has shown to be biased time and again by many people.
Libertblitkreig - A blog site.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Toblakai

You keep supporting the Neo-Nazi backed Ukrainian government fella! At least everybody here knows you stand shoulder to shoulder with Nazi's.

Care to point out those neo Nazi's that are backing the legit elected government?

SO because someone doesn't agree with Russia as the victim they stand shoulder to shoulder with Nazi's...gotcha.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Welcome to the site.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Toblakai

Welcome to the site.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Considering the "sources" people have used to support their claims are in fact blogs I don't see anything to support the claims made.

I believe he actually quoted the articles from the blog so not so much his claims. Is there something in the t and c's stating you can't post anything from a blog?

here is where we differ.... a blog is condensed knowledge /forethought/ analysis of lots of diverse info from many other sources...
the creator of this "Dissed by you Blog" is more than likely more motivated than that the MSM writer Hack that prostitutes their talent ~as writer~ to fulfill a words quota to remain on the MSM payroll (whom you hold in esteem)

the blog writer is driven by a passion to present 'the-other-side'...often at an expense to themselves !

dang.... you need a few more orbits around the Sun.... then you might get a little wisdom, insight, balance, perspective... right now You re not in that Zone, yet

Ain't we all here on ATS just typing out 'blogs' in a series of reply 'Posts'... I rest my case
edit on th28142308741304032015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

here is where we differ.... a blog is condensed knowledge /forethought/ analysis of lots of diverse info from many other sources...
the creator of this "Dissed by you Blog" is more than likely more motivated than that the MSM writer Hack that prostitutes their talent ~as writer~ to fulfill a words quota to remain on the MSM payroll (whom you hold in esteem)

the blog writer is driven by a passion to present 'the-other-side'...often at an expense to themselves !

dang.... you need a few more orbits around the Sun.... then you might get a little wisdom, insight, balance, perspective... right now You re not in that Zone, yet

Ain't we all here on ATS just typing out 'blogs' in a series of reply 'Posts'... I rest my case

A blog is whatever the heck the author wants it to be. Driven by passion? Sure, I'll grant that. But to sit here and paint blogs as some sort of bastion of fair and balanced reporting is absurd on it's face. A blog is only as fair and balanced as the owner wants it to be. No more, no less.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

and the majority of "blogs" that the op and others have used on this topic are in fact biased towards Russia. That's not even considering the lies and omitted information that tags along with those blogs.

Shamrocks post above does a better job of explaining my feelings on the matter.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I was perfectly happy to leave it at the one and only post I made on page 3 however you decided to drag me into it with your comment about users denouncing the sources and then leaving the thread

Who the hell said that was about you? Did you actually do that? There you go again thinking you are actually of relevance to people. Refer back to what I said earlier.

Since the topic is so ridiculous I was happy to let you guys wallow in your own propaganda. Since the topic went nowhere I think that is the reason you did what you did with the post accusing users of unfairly dismissing sources.

Yes I was giving advice to a member to make up their own mind, is that somehow wrong? Would you prefer that they blindly follow everything you say? Very Hitleresque of you.

Zerohedge - which has shown to be biased time and again by many people.
Libertblitkreig - A blog site.

Where did the op insinuate that these were news sources?
edit on 4-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Take your drama to its own thread and stop derailing this one.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Take your drama to its own thread and stop derailing this one.

Then stop replying to me! Twice you done it now dragging me into it.
edit on 4-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Ukraine crisis: Pentagon 'chief' inclined to send weapons

The White House's pick for defence secretary has said he is "inclined" to send weapons to Ukraine to fight against Russian-backed rebels.

Ashton Carter's remarks came at his confirmation hearing before a Senate panel, as successor to Chuck Hagel.
==================================================================================

It seems Ashton Carter wants to risk turning US into ash of sorts. Does he know whom he is messing with?

High time such demeanor is brought to correct senses regarding the US foreign policies.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

You are a bit behind the curve... The US has openly stated they were thinking about a shift in what we supply to Ukraine. I know Obama has a meeting with Merkel and this is one topic they are suppose to discuss.

Secondly you guys really need to get over this "no one can speak to Russia in this manner" attitude. Russia's d**k is not big enough to get into a pissing contest with the US / NATO.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Arming Ukraine will not be a wise idea for any nation, near or far.

Doing so will drag US forces back into the zones of hostility and war in other parts of the world.

US is wise enough!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join