It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Hitchens Predicted Islamic State in 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I love Chris I agree with him 90% of the time.
So here is the video.

In fact If anyone has any other amazing videos of Hitch please post them here.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
His comment on Rev. Jerry Falwell's death:
"if you give Falwell an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox”

Drop the mic dude, you just killed him all over again.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just watched the whole thing

Just another NEOCON with ideology of Pre-emption, and belief US can own the world by hook or by crook

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ah! The sorry tales of unexpected consequences.... or is it?

First, they went and armed, funded and trained those heroic freedom fighters in Afghanistan, who went on to become the Taliban we all love and admire so much.

Second, they went and armed, funded and trained those heroic freedom fighters in Libya, who now all fight amongst themselves and have left the country a broken and dangerous mess.

Thirdly, they then sent some of those they armed in Libya, along with lots of weapons and stuff, to Syria where they hooked up with another bunch of heroic freedom fighters trying to oust the government there.

Anyone see the pattern emerging? The pattern of course being arming and funding crazily violent religious zealots and madmen.

The first time could be considered a mistake and a plan not thought through.
The second time, one could roll ones eyes and wonder if they'll ever learn.
The third time, and the only conclusion that can be arrived at is that it is in fact the policy to arm these nutters, and set them up as the next massively scary set of bogeymen to frighten the masses with and keep the perpetual war machine raking in the profits.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Interesting thing about what he said at 3:20 min and a little beyond, "Anyone who wanted to complain about removing Sadam (Iraq War) should have done that back then (`98) by complaining to their Democratic Senator."

It`s in compliance with the recommendation given early `98.

Now subsequent to that 1996 report being released there was a letter drafted and sent to President Clinton in January 1998 that provides us some additional clarity on the war policies of the new millennium. Let’s have a look at that...

...Again we see a very explicit and aggressive lobby effort to persuade the US to invade Iraq. Now I’m sure you’ll find these authors even more interesting. Many of the same authors of the 1996 recommendation are also authors of this lobby effort. Only this time they are acting as benefactors of America. Odd though that they are pushing the very same agenda that just 18 months earlier these same folks were pushing as benefactors to a foreign nation. It almost seems as though the authors are indeed attempting to manage and constrain the American people’s reaction, as discussed in the first report, to their desired recommendations that US use its military to engage various nations in war. I’ve attached the list of authors here as well.

Source

The scary thing about it...

The whole situation has a lot of resembling with the December Ukrainian/Russian War resolutions which also has been ratified already.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Love him. Here's one of my favorite short clips about another cartoon Muslims were outraged over. Shocker I know.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

I wish I had his bottle.
Brave man who opened my eyes.
He is my hero.

join