It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Dying Seeing Family that Passed Away

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia
Wow! Thats just about the same thing as my Grandmother. I was visiting her across the country and my cousin and I were having breakfast with her one a.m. and she told us, "I had a dream last night that your grandfather asked me out on a date- dinner, dancing, etc." We asked what happened next she said, "hell no!" in her deep southern accent and slow shakey old-people voice. See, she and my grandfather were deeply in love but were poison to each other both being addicts, alcoholics, and abused as children. Often this type of personality finds oneself in unhealthy relationships I guess. It never got violent or anything but they argued all the time and helped perpetuate each others addictions. They got divorced and never remarried or even dated ever again. He died when i was one year old so my cousin and I were both curious since we were never really old enough to be told the story. We asked her if she loved him. She said, "with all my heart i still do. But he pissed me off, d&mmit!" After giggling for a while we asked why, upon which she informed us, "he never took me out!" Turned out it was an ongoing promise to get better, both of them, and fix their relationship, theyd grow together again, he would take her out, etc. Didnt happen that way though and his unexpected death cemented that. So back to the story, we asked if she went out with him but she said that she had turned him down. We said, "Grandmother!" Scolding her but left it at that. The following morning she had the same dream. She said he told her he still loved her and begged she come out on a date with him and make up for the past and the divorce. She refused again, we repremanded her again lol. This happened a THIRD morning and she said she turned him down AGAIN. My cousin and I asked, "you cut ties with your abusive family, you went through life alone and had quite a rough life and he did too. You loved eachother and that was something special amongst all the problems you faced, even though things didnt work out but you were in love! You should be thankful!" I said, or something like that trying to persuade her. "Yup, again Ill always love your grandfather." "Do us a favor grandma, promise you will tell granddaddy yes if he asks you tonight." "Ok i promise, if he asks to take me out tonight i will go out if he will take me dancing." We reminded her of her promise that night at bedtime and my grandmother went to bed and never woke up. It was a wonderful way to see her go. After a long life of being dealt every bad card, rape, molestation, forced incest, alcohol, drugs, etc. I feel their love was one of the few good things shining through even though they felt healthier apart. So knowing they have a place to share the love they wanted to here free from life's pits like drugs and abuse is both comforting plus this plus what happened to my grandpa (other side of family, Ill post it later his story) reassures me of something i NEED reassurance of- my fears of needles and spiders are one thing but the one that plagues me is the fear when I die my mama and I wont be able to find each other. Yea mamas boy, wuss, i dont care though. A boys best friend is his mother and thats the truth for me! Its hard enough to know one day I will wake up to a life without her which is too much for me to wrap my head around. But eternity without her? No, even in heaven it would be my hell.

Also regarding my grandpa, there is no story per se. I spent his last three days at his side though and wide awake and coherent as can be those three days hed look at empty space and tears would brim and hed reach toward the space and just say "mama! Mama i love you, i missed you. Oh mama. I love you, thank you for coming mama." This continued off n on but by the third day he actually had switched off kinda. He no longer reacted to me or my parents or the TV, he didnt show any sign that he was aware of the wprld around us. His vision, hearing, and attention it seemed were tuned into a different dimension. His body was still there but he was gone. His last breath was, "mama!" In a childish loving voice. This man was a marine whod fought front line many times and could wrestle a grizzly bear. So if he went out like a mamas boy i guess i can too with no shame lol

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You aren't actually DYING if you don't die.
Just like you aren't actually FARTING if you don't Fart.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I worked abroad, said good bye to my grandparents in april - went away and did my own thing, sunday night in june i had an urge to text my grandparents, grandad in particular, i didn't so waited until the next day. That mornay afternoon i text my nan and left anise message about how much i love them both, how my grandad was really good to us growing up and that i appreciate all they did for us.
I went to bed, woke up art 6am to my dad ringing me which was odd, instantly i thought, oh it's the bank or bank related, then i kinda woke up and felt it was bad and my grandad, my dad simple said he had unfortunately passed away in the night.
Sunday night he had chest pains, rushed into hospital, was kept over night and monday - where everyone went to see him - he was all nostalgic and thanking everyone and people were like stop being silly. Just before my nan left, she got the text from me and showed him, he put his thumb up - when my nan got home 20 mins alter, she washed to come back where she found he had passed away.

He also liked an obscure song, from the 60's that was more of an album song than an actual release that you would hear on the radio - i have randomly heard it in a gym and a shop, this made me feel warm.

I also begged to see a sign that he was ok and the cruise liner i was on, a bright sunny day, suddenly a big fog appeared, like a wall, we hit it, shards of beautiful light pierced the area around us and the captain stood next to me said 'this was a message from the heavens' was very surreal.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
originally posted by: TheIceQueen
You're pretty much saying that you experimented with drugs that made you hallucinate, which were due to the chemical effects that it had on your brain. I'm not sure how experimenting with drugs has to do with what I'm talking about, which is real life happenings that people who are near death experience, not people who want to have a 'triiiip mannn' and decide to take hallucinogens.

I agree, lets pass through this and talk about the actual topic that was intended.

You're open minded enough to believe that dead relatives come to greet family who are about to pass away, but the possibility that a certain natural biochemical, speculated to be inside every living thing on this planet, widely thought to be responsible for the type of experiences in this thread, could possibly be more than a drug people use to “trip mannn“ is just too much. I find that ironic and saddening.

To the mods - I don't believe I have broken any rules about discussing breaking the law. I have simply put forward an opinion, and it's my opinion that the biochemical in question is responsible for people having experiences such as the ones described in the thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

I see where you are coming from, and I agree with your line of reasoning. However I am willing to guess that most people have never heard of dimethyltryptamine, much less that it is a natural substance that our bodies create and if theory is correct, released in massive amounts upon death potentially being the reason that people "see things". You can go one of two possible routes, this substance is making people hallucinate, or this substance helps us break past the barrier of what we normally percieve. After much research, I tend to believe in the latter and that it ties somehow into spirituality.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think this is due to one, or both, of two things; the pineal gland releases '___' near death and the beliefs and thoughts of people have a huge influence on guiding our experiences. I personally believe in a holographic/malleable metaphysical view, though I won't go into that here. Such a view does offer alternative explanations for this phenomena. Most relevant, I think though, is that there are a vast number of '___' experiences which are identical to NDE's. If one has certain religious or other beliefs about the afterlife, this will surely guide the experience brought on by '___'. Although such beliefs are not necessary for the experience, as they have been heavily ingrained into our consenus reality for thousands of years. As well, the concept of seeing loved ones again before dying greatly alleviates the fear and stress that death brings. Therefore, I think it is highly likely that this phenomena, while appearing to be overtly mystical and spiritual, is merely how we assist ourselves with approaching death. This in no way takes away from the importance or helpfulness of this phenomenon, and it does not mean the phenomenon doesn't have metaphysical or mystical implications. This could very well be a precursor to, or evidence of, the breaching of another dimension/realm upon death. It is possible, I think, that our consciousness becomes more simple and pure after the body dies. The initial revelation of this may come in the form of witnessing the physical representations of others we knew that moved on. However, I merely wanted to note the importance of the use of entheogens and hallucinogenic experiences to develop and progress consciousness, as well as ease suffering. I think it is quite possible that reflective, self-aware consciousness is a direct result of hallucinogenic experiences. This is another theory I won't digress into right now. I just wanted to make it clear I am not being a physicalist/materialist or attempting to discount the phenomenon or its impact. Edit: it appears that everytime I mention Dimethyltryptemime, D.M.T., it has been censored. Just so everyone kniws that what is where all the "___" are.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Hohuwah because: wanted to explain what was censored in my post.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

I see where you are coming from, and I agree with your line of reasoning. However I am willing to guess that most people have never heard of dimethyltryptamine, much less that it is a natural substance that our bodies create and if theory is correct, released in massive amounts upon death potentially being the reason that people "see things". You can go one of two possible routes, this substance is making people hallucinate, or this substance helps us break past the barrier of what we normally percieve. After much research, I tend to believe in the latter and that it ties somehow into spirituality.

A star for you, sir.

I tend to believe the latter, too.

It actually pisses me off when people refer to it as a drug..... ..

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Funny I just saw your post after submitting mine. This is precisely what I was referring to. Anybody whonis not familiar with '___' shoukd read Dr. Rick Strassman's "The Spirit Molecule," which is about his scientific experiments with '___'. a reply to: QuietSpeech

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hohuwah
I think this is due to one, or both, of two things; the pineal gland releases '___' near death and the beliefs and thoughts of people have a huge influence on guiding our experiences. I personally believe in a holographic/malleable metaphysical view, though I won't go into that here. Such a view does offer alternative explanations for this phenomena. Most relevant, I think though, is that there are a vast number of '___' experiences which are identical to NDE's. If one has certain religious or other beliefs about the afterlife, this will surely guide the experience brought on by '___'. Although such beliefs are not necessary for the experience, as they have been heavily ingrained into our consenus reality for thousands of years. As well, the concept of seeing loved ones again before dying greatly alleviates the fear and stress that death brings. Therefore, I think it is highly likely that this phenomena, while appearing to be overtly mystical and spiritual, is merely how we assist ourselves with approaching death. This in no way takes away from the importance or helpfulness of this phenomenon, and it does not mean the phenomenon doesn't have metaphysical or mystical implications. This could very well be a precursor to, or evidence of, the breaching of another dimension/realm upon death. It is possible, I think, that our consciousness becomes more simple and pure after the body dies. The initial revelation of this may come in the form of witnessing the physical representations of others we knew that moved on. However, I merely wanted to note the importance of the use of entheogens and hallucinogenic experiences to develop and progress consciousness, as well as ease suffering. I think it is quite possible that reflective, self-aware consciousness is a direct result of hallucinogenic experiences. This is another theory I won't digress into right now. I just wanted to make it clear I am not being a physicalist/materialist or attempting to discount the phenomenon or its impact. Edit: it appears that everytime I mention Dimethyltryptemime, D.M.T., it has been censored. Just so everyone kniws that what is where all the "___" are.

A star for you too, sir.

Although I don't agree with the holographic theory, I admire and appreciate an open mind like yours.

Yes, look through my post history, I learned of the auto-censor myself the other day, and really am trying my best to discuss the subject without breaking any rules or pissing a mod off.

Another note to mods - I mean no harm. It's a subject I genuinely find fascinating.

Sometimes laws are unjust, and often there is a hidden agenda behind it.

To people in certain areas of South America, this stuff is sacred and is used in religious ceremony. These people are generally limited to the outside world and have no concept of getting high on a drug.
edit on 7 2 15 by SensiblyReckless because: Typo

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I will refer you to Dr. Rick Strassman's book "the spirit molecule" in which his experiments do demonstrate that identical hallucinations do occur from the use of the same substance, namely D.M.T. i also want to note for the mods that I am not promoting or advocating that anybody make ayhuasca, smoke bufo alvarius venom, or ingest any form of drug. I am merely referring to the natural secretion od D.M.T. in the brain, as well as its historical and scientific use by others.a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah thay's why i didn't want to go into my own metaphysical theories. While it is influenced by Michael Talbot's holigraphic concept, it differs greatly. I just wanted to dispel any assumptions that i was discounting the phenomenon as merely hallucination. I was quite excited to see you and a couple others mentioning that censored acronym. Like-minded and open folks are always great to come across. I was also surprised to find out this is such a risque topic on here. As you alluded to, it is not common for all cultures to view such substances as drugs that are meant for mindless partying. Therefore, I am assuming that as long as we stick to the topic and do not explicitly condone the use, then we are safe. The rule seems to be, and reasonably so, focused on keeping people from promoting anything that is illegal. I also agree that there is most likely an agenda behind drug laws. Caffeine keeps us productive and alcohol keeps us dumb and impulsive. Any substance that may assist in our development is considered dangerous by TPTB. I think that is a great and relavent topic for this site, but i won't speak any further on it to avoid breaching forum terms. a reply to: SensiblyReckless

edit on 7-2-2015 by Hohuwah because: added a couple sentences

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I lost my dad a couple of years ago. He had a massive brain haemorrhage and was given an optimistic 20% chance of survival. He managed to pull through (although not for long as it turned out that he had advanced liver cancer). During the weeks after he was pretty much on a different plane. Not much made sense, he'd say really random things (we asked him what he had for lunch one day and he said it was dead dog, another day he said he had to chase his breakfast around the ward because the sausages kept running away!). The only thing that had any clarity were the visits from his mum, dad and brother, all of whom had passed away between 15-30 years ago). They came almost every day and it made him very happy but because of the brain trauma his memory was shot and every day we had to tell him that his family were all gone. It was heart breaking because he couldn't understand that they weren't here. When he spoke of them he was always very clear, not muddled or confused, as far as he knew they were there. As he recovered, the visits became less and less. After a while he also came to accept and remember that they had already passed. Now whether it was brain trauma or that he was near death for a while, I don't know but I do know that he believed that he was seeing and talking to them.

Sadly after a few months of hospital care they found the cancer and he was sent home as there was nothing more they could do for him. When his time finally came he went down hill very quickly, up and about one day and the next he fell into a state of total shut down and by early afternoon he was gone so I don't know if he got any last visits. I remain open minded about it all but either way it did give him some sense of comfort and reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's my belief that everyone in this thread who posted an experience was really experiencing something spiritual. I think knowledge about what happens when we die is suppressed and the censored compound has something to do with our passage to the spiritual world. Hence why it is in every living organism on the planet. And hence why it is illegal despite being 100%physically harmless as it is naturally produced by your brain.

Some people argue that it's the brain's form of a comfort blanket, so to speak. Your brain knows you are going to die and it floods you with the substance to soften the mental trauma/physical pain you may experience during the dying process. This is not my belief, but the belief of some scientists who have had LEGAL permission to do inviro experiments with the compound.

Those scientists have had their logic ripped apart by their own experiments and are in denial IMO.

However certain scientists previously mentioned (Rick) have had their minds blown by their experiments and have found a scientific link between the physical and the spiritual.

Peace x

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Well then, let's see if someone can inject rational thought into this thread. I'll take a stab at it.

People are dying. How the hell would they not be thinking about people who had died in their lives? Maybe the are consciously aware they are dying, maybe not, it's irrelevant, the subconscious knows, and is bringing things to mind in relation to this awareness.

Do we really need more explanation than this?

I have my own experience. The evening my little brother died I became very sad, couldn't point to the reason. Started balling in public... yea that had never happened before... I felt someone close was about to pass, and figured it was my father. At about the point my brother died during the night, I lost control of my body, fell, and hit my head on a counter. Pretty deep gash.

In the morning, the apartment manager came and told me I had to see my family who was waiting for me. I knew someone had died. Still didn't prepare me when I found out it was my little brother.

After saying all of this, there's not a chance in hell someone can convince me this is anything more than the power of the subconscious processing in ways we can't yet explain. There is so much more information relayed through individuals and things that we can't consciously process. I see no good reason to attach nonsensical beliefs, when merely exclaiming, "we don't know" is good enough.

Lol, everything that you just stated further proves that there is something to this. Your statement " this is anything more than the power of the subconscious processing in ways we can't yet explain. There is so much more information relayed through individuals and things that we can't consciously process. I see no good reason to attach nonsensical beliefs," clarifies this.

You say that you see no good reason to attach 'nonsensical beliefs', well the only nonsensical beliefs- rather statements- that I see here are yours. You state that there is a large amount of information that isn't able to be relayed and so much that we don't know, yet you say that others who are looking outside of the box and trying to interpret this phenomenon are attaching nonsensical beliefs, and that people should just be content with "we don't know"..

Many people share your train of thought- or to be more specific- lack there of, writing off things that they even admit are unexplainable. Deeming that "we don't know" is all that 'we need to know'. People are either too afraid to think of the vast things that are unknown and or unexplainable to man kind or lack the neurological energy to think deeply and hypothesize on such things and possibilities.

It's a good thing that we have/had people that don't consider this "we just don't know!" 'philosophy' to be good enough, because if we did- we would be living in quite an aimless knowledgeless world where all of the general and scientific breakthroughs that mankind has accomplished would have never been in existence.

Thinking outside of the 'box' is good, people should try it.
edit on 10-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

All you're doing is making assertions without anything to back up. It's circular, yet you're framing it as if to be logical. It's not. You can state something, but the statement can't be used as proof of logical reasoning. Sorry.

None of what I say backs up your beliefs. What you're saying is that your bias is thick, and you see reinforcements where they are not. I know better than to debate with someone who employs circular reasoning. Good luck trapping others with that. I'm sure it serves you well on this forum.
edit on 10-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

All you're doing is making assertions without anything to back up. It's circular, yet you're framing it as if to be logical. It's not. You can state something, but the statement can't be used as proof of logical reasoning. Sorry.

None of what I say backs up your beliefs. What you're saying is that your bias is thick, and you see reinforcements where they are not. I know better than to debate with someone who employs circular reasoning. Good luck trapping others with that. I'm sure it serves you well on this forum.

*pats you on the head*..

You are quite a bit confused my dear, however confusion is to be expected in your case. Thank you for the luck in "trapping others" with whatever it is that your little mind has imagined. I'm however very sure as well, that caring to discuss the possibilities behind unexplained phenomenon will serve me well on this forum, as a majority of the people here don't seem to have their head lodged inside of their anal cavity and actually desire to expand their mind to possibilities and attempt to theorize and discuss the unknown.

edit on 10-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

No. That's not the logic I used. I said the experience can be shared, not will absolutely. I also said that a powerful enough influencer would need be at play. They are not always present. Not sure why you make such leaps in reasoning. It's ... sloppy.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's not what you're doing, you're assuming beyond reason, then sticking to your assumptions and forming beliefs. Do you honestly think I haven't imagined the possibility you mention? Are you serious? Not well thought out. That's what I'm getting at. Not in the slightest.

You stick to the possibilities that provide you comfort. That's very obvious. There are much more reasonable explanations that unfortunately don't provide the same. Not my issue you're not willing to go there. No point in continuing this on further, your belief is solidified. It's just tragic you assume so much.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Anyway..

Anybody else care to share their thoughts?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My Grandmother died a few years ago from a rare form of cancer. The week leading up to her passing she would wake up during the night, usually around 10:00pm-12:00am and call for her brother, mother, father, and grandmother. I found it a bit odd because she was calling for them like they were in the next room watching tv. It was just a sense I got maybe because of her tone of voice. She had 1 brother and 2 sisters that passed many years before, but never called out for her sisters.

I obviously can't say that they were visiting her in spirit. Just thought I would share my experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join