It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Dying Seeing Family that Passed Away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Long time lurker here. I thought I'd jump in and share an experience from my youth. My dad died when I was nine from lung cancer and the weeks leading up to his death he had full on conversations with people from his past. He was incoherant and in and out of consciousness, but non the less relived events and talked to a bunch of relatives. After he died at our home I saw his apparition for weeks after ,not sure why.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

edit on 4-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well then, let's see if someone can inject rational thought into this thread. I'll take a stab at it.

People are dying. How the hell would they not be thinking about people who had died in their lives? Maybe the are consciously aware they are dying, maybe not, it's irrelevant, the subconscious knows, and is bringing things to mind in relation to this awareness.

Do we really need more explanation than this?

I have my own experience. The evening my little brother died I became very sad, couldn't point to the reason. Started balling in public... yea that had never happened before... I felt someone close was about to pass, and figured it was my father. At about the point my brother died during the night, I lost control of my body, fell, and hit my head on a counter. Pretty deep gash.

In the morning, the apartment manager came and told me I had to see my family who was waiting for me. I knew someone had died. Still didn't prepare me when I found out it was my little brother.

After saying all of this, there's not a chance in hell someone can convince me this is anything more than the power of the subconscious processing in ways we can't yet explain. There is so much more information relayed through individuals and things that we can't consciously process. I see no good reason to attach nonsensical beliefs, when merely exclaiming, "we don't know" is good enough.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I can agree to an extent. Does that theory hold up though when you see people who suddenly dissapear before you who you do not even recognize?? Because I seen that stuff man, and maybe it was from lack of sleep except when they stepped into the next room the door was shut and the Christmas deco hanging there moved as if a breeze hit it.

Thats a bit too much for me to blame on the subconcious.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

I believe that the dimension we go to when we die ... is the place from where we were born (Home)
I believe we existed before being born on Earth in other words.

I don't believe Science will ever conclusively prove the soul exists

edit on 4-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A few days before my mother passed away, I dreamed of my dad. He had died over 10 years before. In my dream, he was backlit and I couldn't see his face, but I KNEW it was him. I don't remember what he said, but he talked to me for a while in the dream.

The night my mom died, the nursing home called and said that she had been found dead on the midnight rounds. I rushed over to the nursing home and as I stood at Mom's bedside, I heard a voice in my head say "it's all over now." Definitely not a thought I would have had right then, and I've always felt that she stuck around a while to give me a last message.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

A hallucination cannot be shared. If it can be then it isn't a hallucination at all.

Oh and with regards to the mentions of drugs on the thread--like why guys seriously. This isn't about people who've seen visions while tripping face. This is about real stuff that happens while people are dying. It's a bit more serious and even though I am chill with talking about such things, I also agree that this is not the thread to do so in. Just wanted to say that. That's why people look down on people who experiment with substances. Be more conscientious of others, pls.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Dear freaking god did anyone mention personal experiences or other forms of use? The original reason it was brought up was because there's talk that the body releases substances at the time of death/right before death that may account for deathbed visions.......

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

As a Hospice nurse we educate family that is involved to expect to hear this from their dying loved ones. It happens almost 99% of the time, you will hear the dying patient speak of the ones that were important to them when they came into this world be by their side when they leave this world. It is comforting for the patient to see and speak of their mother, father or aunts and uncles who made great impacts to the dying ones lives while they were just born. And it seems like when they speak of them they will say "can't you see them? they are standing in the corner of the room". In some cases you can almost feel the presence of someone else there and at times when the patient passes you can notice a slight change in lighting in the room. Not all are the same and none are text book but after doing this for some time, my faith is stronger than ever of an afterlife. Some patients we get very close with after working with them for some time and once I awoke and just knew a close patient of mine had passed. I looked at the clock which was 1:10 AM with thinking of this patient. Went to work the next day and the nurse that was on-call let me know that my patient passed at 1AM. I knew someone came to say goodbye to me, we had a very close relationship for nurse/patient and often spoke of the afterlife and angels. There are some wonderful books on this subject if anyone is interested.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can't say that I believe in an afterlife - I cannot discredit it either and have experienced quite a few things that would/should make me a believer, yet I do have my doubts that there is an afterlife. That said, many years ago my grandmother was placed in hospice. On one night she died but was brought back by doctors. My mother and I were there as they worked on bringing her back. My mother was understandably very distraught, when they were able to revive her, my grandmother, who had for at least a week remained silent and mostly slept, spoke to my mother clearly and told her that it was okay, that she wasn't afraid to die any longer that she saw... and that was it, the doctors ushered us out so they could finish working on her and get her stabilized.

My mother has no recollection of this, I recall it vividly and still curse the doctors who wouldn't let her finish what she had seen. It was the last time I heard my grandmother talk before she finally passed away a few weeks later. It could very well be some function of the brain that brings up these images, perhaps there is no more to it than that. For me if there is an afterlife and loved ones do come to bring you home, or it is all a hallucination - I'm not sure that I mind either. Either way it sounds comforting to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My grandpa passed away in his favorite chair at my aunts house last year. He was dying of cancer and old age, and lived his final days medication free and radiation free.. I know this because I spent the week there and he passed away on a Saturday I remember very vividly. We were gathered around him and his last words were "Beatrice, I'm comming. I'm comming home". Beatrice was his sister who passed away years ago. It was very touching. However I don't feel like this is all that common. Not only is seeing a death very rare, your parents, grandparents, a wife maybe? But how rare in which death is so peaceful and accepted in such a way where the dying lucid enough to be with a beloved family member that's already waiting in the next life, coherant, and sober enough to reach out and speak so delicately that you are "comming home" to be with them. Usually death is eigther sudden (car crash), terrifying (heart attack), or happens while unconcious (in your sleep, in a medicated coma). I feel its the elderly which are embracing their final moments in which if we are even able to see, are the ones that can see past family members. I feel very honored to have known my granpa did that in his final moments and he was at peace. Good topic. S+f.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

A hallucination cannot be shared. If it can be then it isn't a hallucination at all.

Hallucinations can be shared. If the group is on the same mind altering substances, all it takes is the correct subconscious anchors to induce a collective hallucination.

i found this in a jiffy, proly not the best, but it'll do:

collective hallucination

you have a powerful enough influencer advancing on the emotionally unstable, yea collective hallucinations can occur without the need for mind-altering substances.
edit on 4-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
if those are 'merely hallucinations', why do people 'hallucinate' vividly almost identical things (separation from body, dead relatives, being of light, the tunnel, etc, etc..)?

if those are 'merely hallucinations' shouldn't everyone 'hallucinate' blurry, chaotic, dreamy, different stuff?

they do not, so: it's a pattern... and logic dictates if they 'hallucinate' the same thing it cannot be 'merely hallucinations'...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Hallucinations can be shared. If the group is on the same mind altering substances, all it takes is the correct subconscious anchors to induce a collective hallucination.

i found this in a jiffy, proly not the best, but it'll do:

collective hallucination

you have a powerful enough influencer advancing on the emotionally unstable, yea collective hallucinations can occur without the need for mind-altering substances.

by that logic, people that use hallucinogenic drugs should hallucinate the same thing... and they do not
edit on 052015201uam21America/Chicago2 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Oh and with regards to the mentions of drugs on the thread--like why guys seriously. This isn't about people who've seen visions while tripping face. This is about real stuff that happens while people are dying. It's a bit more serious and even though I am chill with talking about such things, I also agree that this is not the thread to do so in. Just wanted to say that. That's why people look down on people who experiment with substances. Be more conscientious of others, pls.

I can see you didn't understand my meaning for mentioning those things. It was mentioned early in the thread by another poster as a possibility, so I pointed out that this is clearly impossible since there is no record anywhere of any substance in history causing a side effect where everyone see's a specific thing. Example, passed away relatives.

And since this point is easily proven is why I mentioned that hallucinations cannot be the cause of people seeing passed away relatives, then it MUST be something else. Reality is the only logical explanation, or in other words, people are indeed seeing relatives that have already died because many people see it and report it. No known mental condition accounts for specific things like this so the experiencers are in fact seeing something that is not imagined, but rather, very real.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

great jumping Jehoshaphats!

yeah, on the first page dood. leading into the second. O.o

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When my mom was sick "dying" in the hospital she started pointing at the wall talking to someone. Dont you see them they are beautiful she said . I figured she was seeing things from the meds. Then just a few days before she passed away it hit me like a freight train that she was going to die.

Same with my Aunt , Uncle other relatives and a few freinds I sensed they were going to die before hand. When i was 10 my dad was battling cancer when the ambulance came and got him i ran to my sisters freinds house a block away and got her. We watched him being taken away and i knew this was the last time id see him while not understanding the concept of death. When my mom was getting sick a month before she died fist time in the hospital she asked how would she die I replied "in your sleep like any other day peacefully" she seemed comfortable with the idea .... a month later she died in her sleep. Congenital heart failure. She was getting better but it struck. The night before I was in distress.

I knew when my phone rang.

Later that morning I found her planning book and a box of kleenex sitting on top of it on her bedroom floor in the area where I would stand next to her bed when she was sick at home. Mind you these items were sitting next to her bed on the night stand the kleenex was on her vanity originally. My wife heard a noise like something tapping on the wall from the bedroom before making the discovery. I tried recreating this by making the objects fall off on the floor but to no avail. They had been neatly stacked. As my mother would say "why do you have to be so logical" me being the skeptic. I could not find any rational answers.

My mom was a worry wart about preparing for her death and preparing us to accept it over the past few years previous. I got her message. Nothing else can explain it.

Did she see relative's in her hospital room that day ? Or angels even ?

I think so

The meds as it turn out do NOT cause hallucinations as a side effect. But were antibiotics nothing more. And im a man of science and reason. There IS something more , we continue after death in some form.

I have had other paranormal experiences too. Things I cant explain. As I agnostic I struggle with explanation. I cant dismiss it all as a series of flukes and my own hallucinations.
edit on 5-2-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

originally posted by: TheIceQueen
You're pretty much saying that you experimented with drugs that made you hallucinate, which were due to the chemical effects that it had on your brain. I'm not sure how experimenting with drugs has to do with what I'm talking about, which is real life happenings that people who are near death experience, not people who want to have a 'triiiip mannn' and decide to take hallucinogens.

I agree, lets pass through this and talk about the actual topic that was intended.

D/M/T is a drug, but can also be found in the human brain.

I know several people that experimented with '___' and none seen dead family members. All had different experiences. I tried finding a '___' connection but came up empty handed so far.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First off thank you OP for making this thread and thanks to all that shared their experiences. This topic always lifts my spirits when im down and caught up in the stresses of the world we live in.

My uncle seen his mother in his dying days.

My cousin was in a bad car accident and had a NDE in which she was visited by her grandmother.

My father was in the hospital bed with aggressive cancer within days of death. He would wake up suddenly and with a confused look ask why is a crowd of people dressed like their from the 50's standing around his bed watching him. He would fall back to sleep right after saying this. And this happened 3 or 4 times in two days.

The day he died I was having a dream I was walking through the hospital hallway to go to my dads room. And before I got to his room I was awoken from the dream by a phone call from my mother, it was about 4am. She told me to come to the hospital but she didn't tell me he had passed. I get to the hospital and as im walking down the hallway to his room I realize I was just dreaming this. But this time I make it to his room where I find out he had passed.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rdgrey

You have a very difficult job and you are a wonderful person for doing what you do. I have heard from many Hospice Nurses many stories that make the hair on my neck start to tingle. When my grandparents passed, they had similar experiences to those being shared in this thread. They saw brothers and sisters, their parents, and others. As a small child I was mesmerized by the thought of the great beyond. Before my grandma died she repeated over and over, "Its so beautiful."

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join