It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Dying Seeing Family that Passed Away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My Mom died recently. Neither she nor I realized it at the time she was within days of death.

She began talking about her brother who had did many years before as if he was still here.

She talked about what she was going to do and say and such the next time she visited him...it was odd.

Not so odd after she had passed. It made sense then. She also began to do the "thing with their hands" that some dying people do as if the opening a curtain or reaching out to touch something that we can't see. THAT is when I was certain that she was dying and screamed and raised hell until I got her some relief...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You're pretty much saying that you experimented with drugs that made you hallucinate, which were due to the chemical effects that it had on your brain. I'm not sure how experimenting with drugs has to do with what I'm talking about, which is real life happenings that people who are near death experience, not people who want to have a 'triiiip mannn' and decide to take hallucinogens.

I agree, lets pass through this and talk about the actual topic that was intended.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I personally do not see how any medication can give a "targeted" hallucination, like seeing family members who already died.

There is not even one record of a side effect of any med including illegal ones that mention that "seeing dead family members is a reported side effect"

Same goes for every other "hallucination" where millions of people have reported seeing anomalous things like being abducted by grey aliens.

If you could buy a medication that DID cause this side effect, I'm sure it would sell big just for the side effect itself. (Maybe not the grey alien one)..

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIceQueen
You're pretty much saying that you experimented with drugs that made you hallucinate, which were due to the chemical effects that it had on your brain. I'm not sure how experimenting with drugs has to do with what I'm talking about, which is real life happenings that people who are near death experience, not people who want to have a 'triiiip mannn' and decide to take hallucinogens.

I agree, lets pass through this and talk about the actual topic that was intended.

D/M/T is a drug, but can also be found in the human brain.
edit on 0209pmkpm2kpm2 by Shakawkaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

That's not what I was saying at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've lost many family members and other loved ones in my life and now believe when one is dying, the days or hours before the actual death occurs, they are orienting between two worlds.

My father passed many years ago after a long illness. While hospitalized, a few days before he passed, and slipping in and out of consciousness, he suddenly opened his eyes real wide and said to my sister and I, "I just saw Grandma (his mother) and Aunt Lucy (his mother's only sister) and then fell back asleep for a few hours, and woke up again with a big smile, sat up and all happy and excited said, "Yeah, they are there -- I saw them both", and then fell back asleep again. Both times he spoke he was wide awake, very coherent and not drugged.

This is a man who had always believed when we die we turn to ashes and go blank...end of story. He would not engage in discussions about a possible after-life or similar, related topics. My father was also an Atheist. He was a man who believed in nothing that could not be supported by scientific facts and proof -- a "pics, or it didn't happen" guy.

My sister insisted he must have been hallucinating, but he wasn't on any drugs that would cause hallucinations. He was not on a morphine drip or painkillers, etc.. So, we asked the Nurse (whose nursing specialty was geriatrics/death & dying) and she said that many dying patients do report seeing loved ones who have already passed. She said it's actually more common than not.

My sister felt the Nurse just said that to comfort us and that it's not possible, insisting our father was hallucinating. She was so much like dad -- believed nothing without solid proof, that was not grounded in reality.

Fast forward a decade later and my sister was in the same situation. She was dying of late-stage cancer. She had always shared my father's viewpoints and beliefs, including 'we turn to dust and go blank -- the end.'

But, about 5-days prior to her passing, she too suddenly woke up and looked right at me and said in the most serious tone I ever heard her speak, "I just saw Grandma and Aunt Lucy," the same two relatives my dad had mentioned (out of 7) who had already passed.

I had wondered why my father didn't see my grandfather (his father) and others, and why his mother and aunt, the same two relatives out of many whom my sister also saw. I don't know if this means anything, but the commonality between my grandmother and great aunt is that they were both spiritual, occasionally read the Bible, prayed for others and belonged to a prayer group. They only attended church on Holidays and special occasions.

I wouldn't say they were religious, but they were both very spiritual and with a strong moral code, loving and empathic, and not at all judgmental of others. Not a day went by where they weren't in prayer for a least a few moments, praying for someone, somewhere... including those whom they didn't know, but whom they knew needed prayers.

So, my sister who had firmly believed that our father was hallucinating and that it wasn't possible to see dead relatives, insisted she saw dead relatives the days before she passed away, while orienting between two worlds. And, the last thing she said just before she passed, "It's so simple." I've wondered what that means.

I also know of another family member who didn't see relatives who had passed, but his last words were also, "It's so simple" moments before passing. I've always wondered what they both meant by that final comment. I also find it a bit ironic that these two skeptics, two family members who didn't believe in anything that couldn't be proven without a doubt, saw these two specific deceased relatives.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Jana12 because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I heard a creepy story on Coast to Coast about a boy who was taken by his "Grandmother" in a National Park, slowly the young boy began to realize that the entity was not his grandmother at all, and it had an evil presence. Hold Me!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Yeah didn't it turn out that the "grandmother" was actually a robotic entity with sparks coming out of her head?

I know the day before my mother died she said she heard church bells ringing...and someone in her family years ago, maybe an uncle or cousin was on his/her deathbed in silence for hours when they suddenly said "Jesus. Jesus is waiting for me.". They died a short time after.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You can discuss marijuana as long as it is not in the context of cool stoner trippy stories, or experiences of good/bad trips and so on. They allow discussion if it is related to medical use, effects on the brain in instances such as this, legality issues and legislation.

they just do not want to hear about particular strands that make you get higher than other and so on or how stoned you got off of one flavor or another. In the context you guys are talking, where it involves NDE's and the possible effects the cannabis may have on the brain chemistry triggering visions resulting from a clinical death and so on, should be ok.

Specifically this

16i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

So if the discussion veers into the theories of how these drugs may affect an NDE in a general discussion, that may be ok. But if one talks about the personal experience they had while high, thats no good.

Although I have almost died many times, and hospitalized only once as a result, I never made it to clinically dead (praise God) so I never really had any experience to contribute. But i have seen things I cannot explain a few times. My wife has had an experience though.

Her mother passed away when she was 17 from cancer. While she was in the hospital, she saw her walking in the lobby downstairs away from the floor where she was being cared for. Except when they came to tell her the bad news, she already knew. i thought it was very brave of her that she was able to accept what she actually saw when she saw her spirit. She was able to accept and understand that what she saw was her spirit passing and she knew her mother had left before the doctors and relatives even came down to tell her.

I also find it a bit creepy though. I mean she technically saw a ghost right? Thats what I keep telling her but she tells me that I am interpreting it wrong. Not a ghost, because I guess ghosts linger? It was her spirit passing she tells me. I think I have only recently understood the difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

This is exactly what I was saying! It wasn't personal experiences at all, merely stories concerning that possibly being responsible for deathbed visions

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There are beautiful and tragic moments surrounding the passing of a soul.

Sometimes they become evident months prior, and sometimes only in the last moments.

I have witnessed one of my own children experience a beautiful moment with my grandmother in her last hour - when she was unable to speak to the rest of us. He was three at the time and he communicated with her in the way that only a toddler can.

Those of us in the room all saw it.

My Nanny was uncomfortable and struggling - not able to make words, only eye contact in brief periods of lucidity.

We traveled a long way to attend, and my arrival at her hour, and that of my little boy were not expected, and when we came in the room of her death, she perked up and beckoned to him.

It was a difficult time as she was struggling and gurgling and she had a hard time to reach out her hand to him, but all that specter did not frighten him, and he walked right up to the side of her bed and smiled and loved on her. We were all frightened by her struggles at the end of her life, but he came right to her, and loved on her, even as she struggled to pass.

She was able to reach and put her hand on the back of his head and pull him to her and spoke in his ear. She looked up at us and smiled that beautiful Nanny smile and there was such a gentle peace and beauty in the room and we all cried while she and my little boy smiled and stroked each other.

What a treasure of a memory.

I can only hope my passing will be so peaceful.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Another idea/question from my original post for members to give their input/opinion on:
What do you all think regarding the notion of those that have passed on, being in another dimension and or realm that we normally can't see? If you think about physics and the string theory and so forth, there are so many possibilities for this. When one sees a ghost or hears one and so forth (like many report, and when paranormal researches record EVP's), it could be a rare glitch that occurred in the fabric of space and time which allowed them to appear to us or to be heard in our dimension's sound frequencies.
edit on 3-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: n/a

edit on 3-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My opinion: Many people underestimate the power of the human brain.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The last few months before my grandmother died, she saw her deceased husband constantly. She had conversations with him while we watched in astonishment. She also had conversations with her deceased mother, deceased sister, deceased daughter and others... all dead. She talked to them like they were standing in the room, addressing them as though she could see them standing in a certain spot.

One could dismiss her behavior as hallucinatory rambling or dementia but she only conversed this way with people who'd died. She didn't carry on imaginary conversations with anyone still living.

Here's where it gets really interesting... when she was in hospice care, she told the nurse that there was a nice man outside her window tending to the rose bushes. She described him physically, what he was wearing, the color of his gloves, etc. While we were visiting her, the nurse came in the room just as my grandmother started telling us about the man. The nurse gave us a crazy look and asked to speak with my dad in the hallway. She told him that the man being described by my grandmother was a former patient of the hospice and that he had been dead for over a year, long before my grandmother was there. He kept himself occupied by tending to the rose bushes and he was the last patient to do it.

The family conversations can be dismissed as strange mental effects from the medication. The "rose bush man" can not be explained so easily.
edit on 2/3/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

This is just awesome!! It was like hearing one of my many contemplations on what happens after death! I never got into watching the show but maybe I should! I am an avid lover of BSG, but this clip is just priceless!!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I know it sounds crazy, but I believe in life after death . I was watching a video about the double slit experiment were if you observe something it behaves differently , we'll maybe at point of death you become a none observer , so the world and universe become what it actually is . Think of it like a bridge between or across to the REAL world .

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yeah didn't it turn out that the "grandmother" was actually a robotic entity with sparks coming out of her head?

I know the day before my mother died she said she heard church bells ringing...and someone in her family years ago, maybe an uncle or cousin was on his/her deathbed in silence for hours when they suddenly said "Jesus. Jesus is waiting for me.". They died a short time after.

Earlier I mentioned how medications can't cause visions for people to see passed relatives, but it was to point out how the thought that they could is not backed up by anything and is only said to be the cause because the alternative would be that they really did see relatives that had passed on, and lots of people won't consider it, so they blame it on meds.

I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago and I told her that I already knew that Jesus himself would be there to take her home. She was like a Mother Teresa in life and always helped people and she really loved kids.

The moment she passed I was not there at the family home, but I smelled her perfume suddenly and became suddenly chilled with the reality that she just died and then the presence was gone and I called there and I told my sister that I already knew because she visited me. She confirmed my mom had just passed on.

1 month later I had several dreams of her and the dream became a lucid dream and I asked her if Jesus was there and took her to her new home when she died and she threw her arms up high and shouted a big "YES!" which gave me jolt in the dream and woke me right up.

The afterlife must be a pretty huge change, but I know for an absolute fact that it exists. When I smelled that perfume I instantly knew she was no longer hurting from that cancer, but it still hurt to know I had missed my last chance to be there before she left. It was not expected to be that soon.
I am the only one in the family who has never doubted the things in life that everyone else is always arguing about even existing. And knowing those things has never made it easier. Convincing people is probably something that can only be done by each person by themselves, just like your example of relatives who never believed anything until it opened the door and introduced that reality to them personally.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

People are seeing exactly what they report

Why do you doubt them

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I have witnessed few things as beautiful as the interaction between the very young and the very old. They bring out a light in each other, for one that has just been lit, and for the other than is being passed on.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You 'may' enjoy:www.vanpraagh.com...

It covers many themes including the above...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join