It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Dying Seeing Family that Passed Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's a pretty well-known thing, you may have read about it, had a real life experience with a loved one before their time, etc, that people who are dying see their family, and they come to them, they describe it so vividly. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think that perhaps people who are dying can some how see their closest family members that passed before them, and are being visited? Could it be that they are able to see what we in our state of being full of life and not near death, can not?

Could they actually be seeing these things perhaps through a portal or dimension of some sort?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Absolutely. I believe it. Check out International Association of Near Death Experiences

You can read thousands of stories and accounts of this exact phenomena happening. There's gotta be something to it. Why would it be something like this, rather then our brains making us see hot dogs and hamburgers flying around.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

My personal theory on this goes two separate, but equally important ways.

First explanation, which may cover some cases, is a result of the medications this person may be on. Many medications can have profound psychological effects. I believe this can explain some of these cases.

The second explanation focuses on actual entities that may have come back, to comfort or otherwise make them feel at ease.

Of course I have no evidence to back this up. I cite years of research into these amazing topics, however.

Hope I helped!

JB
edit on 2/3/2015 by JBurns because: Removed possible TOS violations regarding controlled substances. My apologies!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Visitations no. But I do have a story to tell.

When my mother passed away, I was way too young, I was only three.

When I was 11, I was staying with people that would eventually become my foster parents. My father was in hospital. I woke up at 2.30 am knowing he had died.

I stayed in bed the next morning until my foster father came in to tell me. He was really upset, I think it was taking everything he had just to pass on the bad news. I told him that I already knew and what time it had happened. I am not sure how he took that. Lol. Still they kept me, so it could not have been all that bad.

I was in class when my foster father died two years later. That one hurt a lot. I zoned out for about half an hour and then packed up and simply walked out. The teacher was having a fit. I met the Principal on my way out and simply said, "Yes, I know. I am going home." The other kids and some teachers treated me a little differently after that.

So there is a connection, that is the only way I could have known.

So when people recount seeing loved ones in near death experiences, it makes it much easier for me to believe in what they tell us.

Those that do not want to believe or those who take comfort in science can claim it was drugs or hallucinations. For me though, these stories are likely to be true. I cannot believe that people wake up from near death and start to create a bunch of lies.

P

edit on 3/2/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The one I always focused on was the brain releasing certain substances that cause one to see things. Sometimes I think NDEs are the result of the brain shutting down to a point of dormancy, while the consciousness is somewhere else, being taken to other realms through chemical means.

Tried to be as vague as possible, I believe the topic I'm bringing up isn't allowed on this site.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My Mam passed away at Christmas a few years ago (which completely destroyed me and is something I will never get over, she was my world), she went suddenly and unexpectedly, wasn't ill and was happy getting things ready for a family Christmas. The day before she died, she came to me in the middle of the night, saying she turned over in her bed and saw a woman just standing there looking at her, she wasn't dreaming as she hadn't dropped off to sleep yet, she was reading a book.

The day after me Mam saw this woman, who she did not recognize, so maybe not family?, she collapsed on the kitchen floor and passed away later that day.

This and other stories have intrigued me greatly ever since.
edit on vpmTuesday03pm228 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My apologies if my reply above violates any TOS. This is certainly not my intention!

I will now edit my reply to ensure it meets ATS' exceptional content standards

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

My personal theory on this goes two separate, but equally important ways.

First explanation, which may cover some cases, is a result of the medications this person may be on. Many anxiolytics and opioids can have profound psychological effects. I believe this can explain some of these cases.

The second explanation focuses on actual entities that may have come back, to comfort or otherwise make them feel at ease.

Of course I have no evidence to back this up. I cite years of research into these amazing topics, however.

Hope I helped!

JB

I agree that of course medications can cause delusions, etc, however I have read several stories of people who were dying and saw their loved ones on a day to day basis, without being on medication that would cause hallucinations.

When one dies do their spirits perhaps go into another unseen realm/dimension and then, when it is time for their loved one, come to them, and the loved one is able to see them because of this near death state that they are in?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It happened for my grandmother like it happened for her mother. Her mother told of going to the party and had my grandmother fetch her her shoes, even.

My grandmother first had these dreams as premonitions of her siblings' deaths--it always was that they were getting into a car and (translated) "going to San Juan". But that it wasn't her time yet.

Then, when she was dying and in her last few weeks of life she has the dream again and her late husband is there by the car that takes people to San Juan and he gets in. She wants to go with him--but he won't let her but says -- 'soon'.

Then on her death bed, after saying that they're coming to take her to San Juan, right before the death rattle she finally says, "They're here".

I think it's rather beautiful, really.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That's not what I meant lol. I meant that I didn't include particular terms in my post, I was vague since I'm not sure if I can actually use the terms on this site.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My apologies if my reply above violates any TOS. This is certainly not my intention!

I will now edit my reply to ensure it meets ATS' exceptional content standards

I'm confused, what isn't allowed on this site (as the other poster stated) and what did you reply that violates anything?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's not what I meant lol. I meant that I didn't include particular terms in my post, I was vague since I'm not sure if I can actually use the terms on this site.

What terms can't be used on this site?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My grandmother passed on Christmas morning in 04, at about 3 AM. I was to young too be there, but my family told me stories of that night before she passed. She spent the night awake talking to other members of my family that had died a long time ago. She apparently rambled on about things for a bit, always looking to the side of her hospital bed and saying the deceased family member's names. Always kinda creeped me out hearing the stories about it. I was unaware that this was a phenomenon that occurs for others as well.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I believe that SO outlawed drug topics on here. I can't be certain, but my understanding was that mods would use their own judgment regarding what they consider abusive or not. Don't take my word on it though! I could be completely off, too. The,post I'm referring to is in RATS.

In any case, I hope nothing I posted goes against this rule! If so, please feel free to summarily delete the posts in question.

JB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I believe that SO outlawed drug topics on here. I can't be certain, but my understanding was that mods would use their own judgment regarding what they consider abusive or not. Don't take my word on it though! I could be completely off, too. The,post I'm referring to is in RATS.

In any case, I hope nothing I posted goes against this rule! If so, please feel free to summarily delete the posts in question.

JB

I have no clue what you're talking about. lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Things like cannabis are cool, but I'm assuming some other substances aren't cool to discuss.

I'd suggest you look up NDEs and hallucinations. Supposedly at the time of death, the human brain releases a substance that causes very vivid hallucinations. Some believe it may account for NDEs and deathbed visions.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'll send you a U2U

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This could be a great thread.

Don't ruin it with rules.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Are you certain? To my knowledge he specifically mentioned the "stoner crowd" as being undesirable as well.

Please make sure to read his post! Not trying to hijack this topic either, so I apologize!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Seriously? I thought subjects like medical cannabis were fine? There's an update on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join