It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika 's line street of Jewish comunity...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here is an article i came across today.
www.heraldsun.news.com.au...
The people that did this should be punnished, other than that, kinda funny though, and inventive.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Whilst it is bad taste, because it seems to have been an accident, it is rather amusing, at least the local Jewish Community aren't up in arms about it, and accept it was a mistake.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The swastika is an ancient buddhist symbol. If you go to any asian country, you will see it on every corner. Too bad the Nazi's inverted it and now it has become what it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i dont see how this can be an accident, look ate it, it is so clear, and it is so moraly wrong, am a little curious why the community hasnt gone a-wall all over the news yet.(mabye that is one the way).

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It looks rather nice that way, in that way. I guess you can't please everyone. Why is this even news?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes it does look kinda of nice the red and white realy bring out the pure hatred, this is better news than 90% of the news you see on TV.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A little sensitive are we? I guess people have it hammered into their head that this is some how a symbol of hatred, while the other side of the world people see it as a symbol of peace.

hatred/peace, depends on which side of the street you are on, and what just ran you over.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
How could they not realize they were making the swastika? Funny tho

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
when i read this i laughed my balls off.

doesnt look like this was done by human hands, but none the less, it was done at the funniest possible time

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yes, yes, nothing is quite as funny as reminding a group of people of a time when they lost many family members.

How humorous it must be to be an 85 year old woman who's entire family died by the hand of people wearing that symbol and then see it in a flowerpot pattern.

Yes funny funny.

I do hope it was an accident, and no one is pointing any fingers. I'm sure it will be corrected too.

But to find it funny? What's next? Let's crack jokes about cancer victims or the people being slaughtered in Sudan?

All together... ha...ha... ha...

Talk about poor taste.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
just like last year I believe they were selling shirts with the swastika on it..
they sold allmost everything with it on it in hong kong or in that neighbourhood.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
don't know if allowed to post this link its not about the evil man but about buddhists...

Korea - Decoration of Buddhist temples

30.01.2004 Korean Buddhism comes from Mahayana Buddhism (mostly Son or Zen Buddhism). The Swastika symbol represents an auspicious sign in Buddhism. It was considered to have omnipotent godly power, as well as the meaning of the whole universe. Then it is no wonder that it can be found as an important symbol on many Buddhist temples in Korea and other Asian countries.

www.swastika-info.com...

found it here
www.swastika-info.com...

NOTE I am not intensional trying to offend someone but its going on topic.

NOTE2 : the link to the site above is one which is more into the ancient use of swastika. and its true meaning. before its misuse

[edit on 16-12-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

[edit on 12-16-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You saved yourself, i was about to go off on you for being dumb, but then you mentioned on how it was a good symbol before it was missused but Hitler and the Nazis, Good website

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Absolutely correct. The swastika was not a Hitler invention, it was around thousands of years before him.

The problem is that it has become directly associated with Nazi Germany rather than Buddhism.

If someone spraypaints a Swastika on headstones at a Jewish Cemetery (which happens fairly often) I don't think they're doing it to promote Buddhist awareness...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Vandals were initially believed to have rearranged the plants as a racist slur. But closer investigation showed gardeners had inadvertently used the pattern.

Ok thats just whacked.

"Any swastika anywhere would be of offence to anybody who lived through the Hitler era," he said.

Too True. How many aussies died in that horrible war, to only have to see something like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
I guess people have it hammered into their head that this is some how a symbol of hatred, while the other side of the world people see it as a symbol of peace.

'some how'? Its the symbol sin qua non of the nazis. And notice that it is -the- nazi swatsika. Its one of the most hated symbols on teh planet. Sure, its also an ancient symbol thats as old as civilization itself, but to any westerner or jew or anyone involved in WWII its clearly and sensibly seen as a symbol of the nazi horrors.

Ashlar
it was done at the funniest possible time

This is not funny. They 'mistakenly' planted this symbol during jewish holidays in a jewish neighborhod? Ha ha, so funny, genocide, hah ha look how they twitch when you gas them, oh look at how funny the small childrens rotting corpses look next to their parent's, ha ha look how their bodies turn pink when you suffocate them with car exhaust.

Yeah, genocide and mass murder sure is hilarious.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The swastica was a good symbol for 1000's of years, only the last 70 has it been a horrible thing, but in this case i think it is most definatly malicious.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is a somewhat related story, there was a forest in Germany that had trees that formed the Nazi symbol during the fall when the leaves changes color.

That was planted on purpose though.
It was cut down a few years ago.

CNN: Swastika made of living trees cut down in German forest

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Wow that is intresting, i wonder how many people out there know that the swastica has a good side, 10%?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It seems that the gardeners mistakenly placed the flowers in that pattern. Amazing how the eyes can trick the brain (q.v. M.C.Escher). When I first saw the picture my eyes saw four red rectangles, until my brain adjusted to see the white swastika that is formed by their placement. My guess is that it was an accident, especially if all the other shapes on the street were variations of red rectangles.

The original, ancient version of the swastika was predominantlly represented with it's "arms" pointing in a anti-clockwise direction. It was a symbol of good fortune, fertility and the blessings of the Buddha. The Nazis inverted the symbol to make the arms point in a clockwise direction. If they knew enough about the symbol itself and believed in occult powers, then the inversion of the symbol may have been intended to provide the opposite power, namely evil, destruction and the blessings of evil powers. Who knows? The inverted version was also the pagan symbol for the Norse God, Thor.

I found some interesting pictures of Swastikas here. The page is in Greek (I think), but some wacky pics. Here's a few:

[edit on 2004/12/20 by wecomeinpeace]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join