It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And In the News Today....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
In the news today, there really isn't much to report. No one was a victim of murder, rape, assault or any crime on any kind. People were respectful to one another regardless of their differences; regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. No one is hungry or lacks any of the basic necessities of life. The human race has found balance with each other and the habit in which they live. Nothing else to report.

I just finished catching up on the news of the day. And I don't think that paragraph will ever be uttered in a truthful manner. What a shame.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ah pretty sure I a Jordanian pilot was burned alive in a cage. Nice try though...this world is evil and getting more evil by the day!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yep, you aren't kidding.

But, then again, has there ever been a time when war was never an option? Whether we like it, accept it or not, war has always been a constant in my life.

I remember the first war that was televised and actually affected me, and that was The Falklands War. But, when you get to discover that Dennis Thacher had invested in shares with 'The Falkland Island Company', you kinda want to delve a bit more peeps.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sad but true. Human nature and all. That's one hell of a good rant though.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
people are burned alive a lot less frequently today then they have been in past history. Hell it was still a pass time in the southern US up until the fifties. The reason you only see evil on the media controlled by a group you can count without using all your fingers is because it is actually being defeated. You only see what those in power want you to see. If you only see evil, it is because they need you to be afraid because they are afraid. There is a tide of positive social change going on the world over, but those in power are scared and do not want you to see it. So they show you only despair and fear, hoping that progress will slow down. They cannot stop the force that is coming unto them.

There will not be a cave deep enough, or a rock big enough for them to hide from the light that is coming to scatter the roaches away. Keep on hoping, because it is working.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

If the world was perfect, then we would call it heaven.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Don't let it get to you.

I was once a network news junkie. I would spend hours in front of CNN and FOX, the usual suspects.

All of that changed in March of 2011 when I joined ATS. I was genuinely concerned with what was going on with the tsunami, quake, nuclear meltdown and so on. The news channels that I looked to for information followed it for a couple of days and dropped it like a hot potato, which troubled me. I don't know how my search for answers led me here, but it did.

It was an almost instant change in my habits. I stopped watching the biased and sensational news networks and discovered a more objective journalistic platform in alternative media. I realized that if I wanted to know what was happening, I could look into it on my own terms. I would no longer have my life interrupted by "This just in!".

It's not a perfect platform, there is still bias and sensationalism, but reading it versus being spoon-fed by some talking head really boosted my objectivity and skepticism. I began to see so much by not "seeing" anything. I would read the story and draw my own conclusion without seeing the expressions of disgust or shock or disbelief on the faces of Nancy Grace or Anderson Cooper or any of those loons. Taking their opinions out of the equation has led to a deeper understanding of what is going on in the world.

The world is always going to produce bad news. The world also produces goodness, which never makes the news. The amount of goodness, kindness, generosity and love out there is beyond measure, weather you believe it or not. The problem is that those things don't get ratings. If it doesn't get ratings, we never see it in media. The good news is all around us, and it is delivered by family, friends, and people you just happen to cross paths with.

The fear mongering, and seeming descent of mankind is a fabrication. I realize that horrible things happen, but guess what. Seven billion some-odd people lived today... Did anybody tell you that? It's true. Seven billion people carried on and will continue to carry on.

Tomorrow will come, some of us won't make it, but most of us will. If you do something to help even one of them accomplish this, the feeling that comes with it will drown out any bad news that the networks vomit out into our living spaces in an attempt to contaminate us with their dreary outlook.

Good luck in your endeavors, and I wish that the first paragraph of your OP were reality... That would be truly spectacular. In the end though, we don't have to accept that it is impossible.

Boba

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Happy news barely gets reported. If something bad happens its on 24 hour rotation on CNN/FOX/MSNBC.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
On the flip side of the coin, life goes on.

You can be the super hero and save the world, or you can be just a survivor and make the most of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: oldworldbeliever

But survivors could still save the world...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I think that's correct. People are waking up. The notion that governments and corporations are always looking out for the best interest of the masses is being bought into by fewer and fewer people. I hope we're are actually on the upswing and it's not just the illusion of that.

join