It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont’s New Latin motto; ignorant bigots bash Latinos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: neo96

well Neo...i really wish I knew what to say to that.

What is there to say.

Breaking the law is a choice.

Us 'dumb' conservative's are suppose to be tolerant because the people demagoguing conservative's want to fatten their voting base.

If they actually showed their tolerance it would go a long way.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

All I see in this is overt political trolling, childish name calling and bigotry from both the Left and the Right.

which is why I didn't repeat the title of the article as the title of the thread and made the point that these people are ignorant - I can't change what the article says tho.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

or you could just try posting something sensical!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

or you could just try posting something sensical!

Yeah i forgot anyone who doesn't jump on the bigot bandwagon mocking conservatives doesn't make sense.

bigot [big-uh t] Examples Word Origin noun 1. a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 3-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah i forgot anyone who doesn't jump on the bigot bandwagon mocking conservatives doesn't make sense.

t

Always the victim huh?

There's plenty of mocking to go around and you are as guilty as anyone else.

Pot meet kettle indeed....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As opposed to the endless victim card ILLEGALS play.

Sure is plenty of mocking to go around. and anyone who thinks bigotry is a trait unique only to conservatives.

Is not living in reality.

Pot, and kettle indeed.

I can't wait for the next HATE the rich thread on here.
edit on 3-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Do you even actually know what the OP is about?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

and yet no-one here said that bigotry is solely the preserve of conservatives...or even ignorance.

Indeed several posters have made very clear statements to the exact opposite.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So you are discussing a topic all of your own?

This thrad is about the ridiculousness of the Vermont "Latin=Mexican" uproar.

What exactly are you on about here? Who are the "illegals" that are relevant to the thread?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The problem here is that there is a whole subset of Americans who self-identify as conservative/republican who really are this stupid. This subset is in the tens of millions, very loud, very outraged and very angry and actually wield some pretty good political clout and power. They have blogs and are politicians and talk show hosts and lawyers and judges and Mayors and police officers and preachers and teachers and on and on.

Are they really stupid though? Perhaps, brainwashed is more like it? Either way it's a cancer of the USA and needs to be removed or stopped.

That begs the biggest question. Is it okay to let them run riot like this? Or should they be called out on their BS and stupidity? I don't want to live in a country where we get bullied by stupid people. Remember that this whole thing started by a little girl who wrote a letter to a politician. It was a cool story and was derailed by outraged, foulmouthed lunatics. They bullied a little girl.

Don't forget that these are the millions of people that want to stop homosexuals from marrying, don't believe any of the science in the climate debate, think renewable energy is the antichrist, want to kill all muslims...Think women are second class citizens because..well the bible...I could go on forever...but...

It's not bigotry or prejudice or whatever to call out these people. I can't stand people that are this stupid. I don't want them anywhere around me. These are the bufoons that listen to hannity and limbaugh.

You'll notice, for example with Neo and others on this and other threads, that these people won't actually debate you with data or talk reasonably, they quote the talk radio gods and cry foul when you call them out or redirect to how Obama has destroyed this once proud nation with his mass weapon-Obamacare. They will redirect or use a standard..."there's stupidity on both sides.." or some garbage statement, so what we can't actually talk to them about the topic.

Yeah, I can't stand by. and I will call these morons out every chance I get.

Liberals of course can be stupid, but they usually don't hyperventilate over an ancient language. LOL
edit on 3-2-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Left/right two sides of the same coin, guys. C'mon now.

"What we need is some &@$4ing solidarity!"

Regardless of whether they were conservatives or not, pretty damn stupid of them. The schools systems in this country have failed them.

It's an agenda that's been in place for decades and decades . . . and it's all going swimmingly.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

They will redirect or use a standard..."there's stupidity on both sides.." or some garbage statement, so what we can't actually talk to them about the topic.

What exactly is the topic? I mean some of those comments are pretty funny (especially the "I don't speak Atheist" one), but I can understand why some people would mistakenly assume Latinos speak Latin as well. I imagine those folks are pretty embarrassed, but at least now they know that Latin isn't a language spoken by illegal immigrants (which should bring you comfort because now they no longer qualify as stupid as determined by your original assessment).

BTW I find you referring to anyone who opposes illegal immigration as a bigot just as amusingly ignorant as the Latino/Latin folks.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2015 by Bone75 because: oops

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What a neat motto that girl came up with for Vermont! Beautiful!

...sigh....what transpired after that, another re-run of Idiocracy....

Fines Non Habet Ignorantiam
edit on 3-2-2015 by desert because: oops, wrong translation

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
At least some of these have to be trolls... right??? Please tell me... some of these are trolls... right? This isn't real... it's all part of the show... yeah... that's all it is... after all, that would be plain rediculous if people really thought and acted like this... nobody really does that... yeah... everything's gonna be ok... everything's a-ok... just keep telling yourself that and you'll be fine...

No but seriously that's kind of messed up. But hey at least there's no risk of the posts in this thread being flavored with partisanship.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Somebody should suggest making Arabic numerals
the official numerals of the state just to mess with them.

They'll probably ban math.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Sadly, the screenshot looks a lot like a typical ATS thread on certain topics.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing
But, in all honesty and seriousness, do you really think that highly intelligent people buy into Fox News's take on things?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: amazing

It probably wouldn't hurt to throw Facebook in the blame pool. Its a honey pot for idiocy.

Amen to that. I don't go to Facebook often--the only reason I have an account is because it seems like almost everyone I know has one, which makes it a GREAT way to market my business--but when I do, I see more crap like that (ok, and cute kitty pictures, lol) than anything else. And those kind of threads, just like our own more ridiculous "Is so!", "Is not!" threads here, feed on themselves. It's like, if these people were in close proximity in real life rather than just onscreen, they'd whip themselves into a mob.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join