It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont’s New Latin motto; ignorant bigots bash Latinos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I like this motto better:

Laeti vescimur nos sabacturis

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I wonder if these conservative intellectuals know that latin words are engraved in our dollar bills?

E Pluribus unum

Clearly you hate our country by noting that.....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: amazing

Well ain't this a load of snip.

So instead bigots bash conservatives eh.

Pot meet kettle.

LOL It's because these conservatives are so stupid. You don't think these people are retarded? I'm an independent, so I can make fun of everyone!

I hate to break it to some people but the left isn't as smart as they think themselves to be.

The left has it's excesses and idiots, but it is factually true that with higher levels of education, a higher percentage of people are generally more liberal, on everything from the environment to birth control to religion. All correlations, but well known.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

something to consider: "conservatives" aren't stupid. The people doing this are stupid.

Labelling them with a political affiliation only causes the stupidity to be thrown into the realm of politics, where partisanship will force otherwise intelligent people to defend the behavior.

Because i am as conservative as it gets. Conservative libertarian....but conservative nonethless.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

something to consider: "conservatives" aren't stupid. The people doing this are stupid.

Labelling them with a political affiliation only causes the stupidity to be thrown into the realm of politics, where partisanship will force otherwise intelligent people to defend the behavior.

Because i am as conservative as it gets. Conservative libertarian....but conservative nonethless.

I do think there are many intelligent conservatives, especially more in the libertarian camp. The Republican Party, less of them.

However, I do think that you guys have to own the fact that there is a really large chunk of "conservatives" (perhaps who don't even know why they label themselves that way) who are really ignorant, low information, backwards, racist, sexist etc.
This doesn't mean all of you by any means. But it's pretty obvious to most of the country and world. Ask others outside of the US about the Republicans.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Point taken.

However, how do I get past the fact that all of those people who are outraged about the "Latins" are self identifying conservatives?

In a logical sense, I realize that not all conservatives are stupid, and I actually have some libertarian views and the older I get the more conservative I get, but...I'm like...do I blame this all on talk radio, fox news and brainwashing??

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Pot meet kettle.

LOL It's because these conservatives are so stupid. You don't think these people are retarded? I'm an independent, so I can make fun of everyone!

I hate to break it to some people but the left isn't as smart as they think themselves to be.

The left has it's excesses and idiots, but it is factually true that with higher levels of education, a higher percentage of people are generally more liberal, on everything from the environment to birth control to religion. All correlations, but well known.

They sure don't show it.

Listen to these 'high' IQ liberals.

20 great moments in liberal bigotry

Back to the delusion the LEFT is better, and smarter than the RIGHT.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh, i figured out where it was going with that statement: instead of marvelling at the moronic behavior desccribed in the OP, its more about defending a political party.

I better get in touch with the EEOC. All those people shouting "Mexicans, go back to Rome" might be having their civil rights violated right here on ATS.

ETA:

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Pot meet kettle.

They sure don't show it.

Listen to these 'high' IQ liberals.

20 great moments in liberal bigotry

Back to the delusion the LEFT is better, and smarter than the RIGHT.

Excuse me....but what does any of that have to do with the topic? Besides deflecting?
edit on 2/3/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It probably wouldn't hurt to throw Facebook in the blame pool. Its a honey pot for idiocy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Looks like the Bernie Sanders sockpuppet crowd has infiltrated the Facebook ranks disguised as Conservatives !!!

Classic set up and rehearsed reactions.

Definitely blue ribbon material

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah well if people want to get technical here.

en.wikipedia.org.../File:Roman_Empire_in_54_AD.png

The Spainards conquered Mexico that was a part of the Roman Empire many moons ago.

So telling them to go back home ?

Actually works for anyone who has ever opened up a history book.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Romanes eunt domus!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
This really is just madness - ignorant bigoted, unthinking and stupid madness!!

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yes it is!

All I see in this is overt political trolling, childish name calling and bigotry from both the Left and the Right.

Divide and conquer is as old as civilization and yet people are still foolish enough to fall for it. Keep everyone at each others throats and they are very easy to control. They spend their time flinging poo at each other like so many apes.

It does not take a genius to note that the real reason for this includes bad schools, bad teachers and parents who turn over their children's schooling to people who could give a damn whether the kids they teach learn anything.

Political trolling is in fact another form of bigotry, add it to the list of dumb things we humans do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

O Deus meus!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They've obviously never looked at their money. Stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

well Neo...i really wish I knew what to say to that.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Miss the TOPIC ?

Can't get any more partisan that it.

Gee I wonder what the definition of BIGOT is ?

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

www.merriam-webster.com...

Pot calling the kettle.

Are you officially declaring Conservatives a race or ethnic group?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Being a bigot is not limited to race.

Dunno why all the purported 'smart' people think it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Because society trains people to think it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Romanes eunt domus!

Romani ite domum - write it 100 times before dawn!
edit on 3-2-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join