It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1500 Year Old Bible Found, nobody want's to know - Could be real deal

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
In fact shauny, I notice at your site shaunynews.com much of your "original" work is from other sites. And you claim it as your own. That is illegal you know, don't you?

2 threads of your fraud removed already, THIS thread better be removed soon.

I am contacting the original websites to inform them of your theft of intellectual property shauny.

65 flags and 34 stars for plagiarism. And for all future reference regarding this OP, the author is Kimberly Ruble

While I understand the legal aspects and whatnots, I must say you are spoiling all the fun.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Leahn

It wasn't this thread that got my interest, it was 2 he posted today that have already been removed.

That got me thinking maybe BS was involved in more of his threads.

It took me a while to find this original article, but it is a dead on match after his first paragraph.

The OP was a REAL story just not by shauny. So maybe the mods have a creative way of 'fixing' it.

Sorry about the buzz kill.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leahn

originally posted by: Tangerine
Facts are based on testable evidence only.

Not at all. Many facts are completely untestable. In example, I was born in November, 27, 1981. This is a fact. How do you test it?

It's actually impossible to prove a negative. The onus is on the believers who claim that the New Testament (or any other book) is fact to prove that it is fact. You have not done so yet.

It is perfectly possible to prove a negative. If I make a claim that I am not Asian, or Black, and you insist that I am, I can prove the negative by showing you a picture of myself, or any other similar piece of evidence, or even showing myself in person to you. You are mistaken. It is just the non-existence of something that is impossible to be proven.

Your birthdate claim can be backed up by evidence (ie. a birth certificate signed by a witness to your birth --ie. contemporaneous documentation). But I was referring to evidence tested via the scientific method. No, it is not possible to prove a negative (except in mathematics). Proof that you are caucasian (incidentally, a photo isn't proof of it) is a positive. In other words, you haven't proved the negative (that you're not Asian or black); you're proving the positive (that you are white).

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you Mods,

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It wasn't this thread that got my interest, it was 2 he posted today that have already been removed. That got me thinking maybe BS was involved in more of his threads.

But Stosh,... I had already posted on pg. 17 of this thread, above your post in fact, that you could find Shauny's OP on Snopes.com, practically word for word.

As I said previously, this exact rumor has been going around on the internet since 2000, according to Snopes. The trash newsrags (that Shauny cited) which ran the story apparently picked it up from the web - that's my guess anyway....

Blessings!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Your birthdate claim can be backed up by evidence (ie. a birth certificate signed by a witness to your birth --ie. contemporaneous documentation). But I was referring to evidence tested via the scientific method. No, it is not possible to prove a negative (except in mathematics). Proof that you are caucasian (incidentally, a photo isn't proof of it) is a positive. In other words, you haven't proved the negative (that you're not Asian or black); you're proving the positive (that you are white).

Looking at a birth certificate is not testing. And you were not referring to evidence tested via scientific method. You were very clear and you said multiple times in this thread that the only facts are those testable. Now you are moving goalposts and trying to justify your hyper-skepticism. Keep moving goalposts, dude. I made my point. You lost, you were wrong in both accounts and you will never admit it, but everyone else knows, and that's why I did it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FathersGrace

It wasn't this thread that got my interest, it was 2 he posted today that have already been removed. That got me thinking maybe BS was involved in more of his threads.

But Stosh,... I had already posted on pg. 17 of this thread, above your post in fact, that you could find Shauny's OP on Snopes.com, practically word for word.

As I said previously, this exact rumor has been going around on the internet since 2000, according to Snopes. The trash newsrags (that Shauny cited) which ran the story apparently picked it up from the web - that's my guess anyway....

Blessings!

I have to admit I did not read the thread before posting. I came to it in a rather round about way.

But I see you were on it before I was, very nice attention to detail I must say. I also see your post got ignored. Why??

I stayed away from this thread because I had heard of it long before and researched it and came to the conclusion it was bunk.

No one else noticed it was copy and paste? Pretty big thread, lots of stars and flags.

Intellectual theft I guess isn't that big a deal to most anymore.

Considering this was the 3rd example in 1 day by the same author I thought harsher action would have been taken, at least according to the T&C's. Especially considering it is a veteran of 10 years here with previous infractions for the same thing. Maybe his viewpoint is appreciated.
But I guess that is above my level of 'need to know', thank God.

ETA: Blessings back at ya, and thank you!

edit on 2 8 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shauny
a reply to: soulfire

Yeah and that was the debate when I first wrote it Cheers

Priceless.

Oh the levels of illusion that people try and maintain.

ETA: I am going through the whole thread reading certain posts now, the level of irony is EPIC.
edit on 2 8 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leahn

Looking at a birth certificate is not testing. And you were not referring to evidence tested via scientific method. You were very clear and you said multiple times in this thread that the only facts are those testable. Now you are moving goalposts and trying to justify your hyper-skepticism. Keep moving goalposts, dude. I made my point. You lost, you were wrong in both accounts and you will never admit it, but everyone else knows, and that's why I did it.

A birth certificate is historical contemporaneous documentation. As I stated in my post above, "but I was referring to evidence tested via the scientific method" (ie. not historical evidence). Considering that you copied and pasted the post in which I said that, I'm surprised you missed it. I'm sorry that you're not aware of the difference between historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) and testing via the scientific method. There is, however, some overlap. For example, the document, itself, can be date-tested.
edit on 8-2-2015 by Tangerine because: typo correction

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I also see your post got ignored. Why??

Well Stosh, I'm pretty new to ATS, but from what I can tell so far, at least in this particular forum, it seems like folks are more interested in arguing than they are in learning or exploring new possibilities. It's fine to have an opinion - Lord knows I've got a bucket full of `em myself! - but I do think it's always good to back up opinions with links to *credible* websites/research.

In short, people ignored my post because they weren't interested in facts; they were interested in *textual jousting* and being right. That gets so tedious for the rest of us to read after a while....

I stayed away from this thread because I had heard of it long before and researched it and came to the conclusion it was bunk.

No one else noticed it was copy and paste? Pretty big thread, lots of stars and flags.

Considering this was the 3rd example in 1 day by the same author I thought harsher action would have been taken, at least according to the T&C's. Especially considering it is a veteran of 10 years here with previous infractions for the same thing. Maybe his viewpoint is appreciated.

We can't possibly know what the Mods believe is best for ATS and must leave that to their wisdom. I've noticed, however, that Shauny has been awfully quiet since his plagiarism was "outed". Perhaps it's fair to assume the Mods got on his case. What happens next as a result of consistent rule-breaking is between Shauny and the Mods, and not our business. We did what we could do, that's all. C'est la vie!

Thanks for your hard work, Stosh. Hope to see you again in a less disappointing thread. It would be nice to think that folks are savvy enough to actually do research on their own, and/or double-check that which has been done by others.... This thread was nonsense.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FathersGrace

I also see your post got ignored. Why??

Well Stosh, I'm pretty new to ATS, but from what I can tell so far, at least in this particular forum, it seems like folks are more interested in arguing than they are in learning or exploring new possibilities. It's fine to have an opinion - Lord knows I've got a bucket full of `em myself! - but I do think it's always good to back up opinions with links to *credible* websites/research.

In short, people ignored my post because they weren't interested in facts; they were interested in *textual jousting* and being right. That gets so tedious for the rest of us to read after a while....

We can't possibly know what the Mods believe is best for ATS and must leave that to their wisdom. I've noticed, however, that Shauny has been awfully quiet since his plagiarism was "outed". Perhaps it's fair to assume the Mods got on his case. What happens next as a result of consistent rule-breaking is between Shauny and the Mods, and not our business. We did what we could do, that's all. C'est la vie!

Thanks for your hard work, Stosh. Hope to see you again in a less disappointing thread. It would be nice to think that folks are savvy enough to actually do research on their own, and/or double-check that which has been done by others.... This thread was nonsense.

Peace out.

Thank you for your well thought out reply, and I must say I agree with everything you said.
Onward and upward.
By the way, welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

By the way, welcome to ATS!

Thanks bro'!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: rebelv

Good quote
Shaun

Thanks, There's many more. Here's another one,
because so many people are convinced that the man
they call Jesus (was not his name) talked about heaven
being "after death" in some sort of spirit realm; not true.

"The kingdom of Heaven is within you and all around you"

Also, when asked by Pilot where this kingdom was, "Jesus" said
"It is not of this world"

All four scriptures are endlessly redundant with "Jesus" saying
that if you believe in him, or follow his teachings, you will never die",
in fact, '... There are those standing here among me right now that will
see all of the things I predict about the end times come to pass'

Then you have The Last Supper in which "Jesus" again states that if you drink
my blood or eat my flesh you shall never die.

"Jesus himself appeared in the physical with a physical body after the
alleged crucifixion. "doubting" Thomas refused to believe he wasn't a
ghost until he laid hands on him.

One interesting thing that "Jesus" reportedly did was eat some food and
drink some water in front of a crowd because they were convinced he
was a ghost or a spirit.

Most Christians to this day believe that "Jesus" still shows the wounds
on his physical body.

And one final note

"Jesus" never talked about death, he said "You can not believe in life
and also believe in death, if you believe in life you can not believe in
death, if you believe in death, you can not believe in life"

I feel like I'm rambling now, so I'll end the post.

Thanks for the compliment.

Rebel 5

People start getting into semantics
edit on 9-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Good quote
Shaun

was a ghost or a spirit.

on his physical body.

And one final note

Rebel 5

There's no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus (by any name) ever lived or said anything. You know that, right?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Good quote
Shaun

was a ghost or a spirit.

on his physical body.

And one final note

Rebel 5

There's no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus (by any name) ever lived or said anything. You know that, right?

Yes I do.

The alleged gospels that were canonized (there were many many more that weren't)
didn't show up until about 60 or 70 years after the man allegedly lived, they
contradict one another, and at other times seem to come from the same source,
where versus are almost identical in one or more gospels.

One thing I find interesting, is you think these "disciples) would remember
what the man's last dying words were. You would think that would be
something you'd never forget.

However one gospel says "Eli Eli Why have you forsaken me", another says
"It is done", yet another gospel says "Please forgive them father for they
know not what they do"

Just one example.

The gospels also seem not to agree on what exactly was written as his crime
on the cross.

They also can't agree on whether the crucifixion occurred before the Passover
or after (one saying before, another saying after)

It seems like a lot of contradictions for the infallible word of god.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

OK..I am ShaunyNews here ShaunyNews.com
If anyone checks, I always tie in links, research (As you did FathersGrace)
I 'Hate saying this. I am disabled, normally housebound due to severe Fibro/CPS

I am no fool, I research hard and although I wish I was doing outdoor life stuff, I am stuck doing this in a few places.
I will ask Moderators, should I leave a link from my article to here?

Guidance in a private message please? Or I will miss it, I really do a lot of writing, personal stuff, alternative, main stream, the unknown etc...Whatever. My signature is a link to my blog page. I am not hustling for readers, honestly, I am at 1 Million views and hundreds of replies a day, on site, facebook page for ShaunyNews or @ShaunyNews. I also right for Scotland ~Scot2Scot and that takes a lot, new site also lately, I only do Edinburgh West. So I do miss tons of stuff every day

PM would be helpful mods

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sure many people would like to know. Curious at least. Just unlikely to happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Harsh
I been here 10 years and seen, been involved in, what I later found out was an older ATS article we were re-talking.
This here has 300 comments or so, so not everyone knows my friend. Often I worry if people lose sleep over tiny issues. no interest, read something else....works for me

You say nobody writes whats happening at the time. I figure you mean historical stuff?

Top of my head, Anne Frank

Hope I read you right buddy

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I done a bit of research and 85%/90% seems the percentage of our populous who believe in some form of God. I believe in God, pray every day, especially good days, too many use God for hard times. I have no religion, I read no book. If I am wrong will we all breath better? lol

I will see if I can the documents saying 85/90...including Millions plus, same as me..

Cheers chief

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Sure, I JUST' asked about this above.
Here is the original here from my own site dated 4th August 2014 : shaunynews.com...
As you will see I add my own comments, share the story, then link it all up to source

This is what Alternative news does, go search AND of today's headlines then google the headline and find dozens of sites who copy/paste. I said above I am disabled, I work alone, I have no reporters in the field telling me live with images or video.

Often I write all my byself
shaunynews.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join