It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors ignore photo's of disabled man being abused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

mynorthwest.com... ignored-photos-of-severely-disabled-man-being-abused

So first trike is the prosecutors ignore disregard the photo's maybe thinking know could be that callous or cruel to tie up a man with a developmental disability. Second strike is she only got let go of her hospital job a week ago. (paid administrative leave!) Thrid and the most critical is no JAIL TIME!!??

how is there no jail time?

can you tie somebody up like the old west and just get away with it.

Sorry I am not more eloquent with this story but I don't have a lot of time but wanted to post this outrageous story

NO JAIL TIME??? am I missing something

During sentencing on Friday, she escaped jail time in favor of 10 days in a community work program and a 12-month suspended sentence.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
So if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

mynorthwest.com... ignored-photos-of-severely-disabled-man-being-abused

So first trike is the prosecutors ignore disregard the photo's maybe thinking know could be that callous or cruel to tie up a man with a developmental disability. Second strike is she only got let go of her hospital job a week ago. (paid administrative leave!) Thrid and the most critical is no JAIL TIME!!??

how is there no jail time?

can you tie somebody up like the old west and just get away with it.

Sorry I am not more eloquent with this story but I don't have a lot of time but wanted to post this outrageous story

NO JAIL TIME??? am I missing something

During sentencing on Friday, she escaped jail time in favor of 10 days in a community work program and a 12-month suspended sentence.

At least the family let all those concerned what they thought of them. What a way to do business, well that's what it is isn't?
A dodgy husband? don't believe him..pictures must be photoshopped.
This is a child that woman was dealing with, some people have no idea of the real care that is needed. A man with similar care needs died here a few weeks ago in his respite bed, it seems he had a twisted bowel..a real tragedy, I have no idea how it will turn out, but something went wrong somewhere, although in this case not something that the respite workers would be aware of, but it scares me to death if any of my kids had something occur when they are in respite for more that a few days.
Here we have munchkin routinely tying up a client to do other things, and walks away.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
How do we know who did the job of tying him up and imprisoning him? Her abusive ex strangled her? I had similar experiences in the past, and it could be that she and those kids lived in absolute terror, with this abusive presence who threatened to harm them if they interfered or she would get a beating. He could have done this and took pictures and turned them in claiming it was her, any time as leverage. They always want their spouse to look bad.

I also know of my friends and aquaintances abuse. And a woman who I loved, tried to help, and was amazed at her courage standing up to the black market to be a helper for us, a beautiful Eskimo woman who wasn't aging well, due to trauma, and who just ended up murdered. I know one woman who didn't dry the dishes but left them to drip dry on their own as we do, and he chased her around the townhouse with a chain saw, and she had to jump from the second story and hurt, sprain or fracture her ankle, with a baby in the house, managed to get to a phone, the police show up. Meanwhile he hid the still warm chain saw in the spare room and broke dishes and then the police believed him that she was freaking out and unbalanced.

So, abusive male in the house, but you blame her? Women usually can't even get away from them easily.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Johnson's husband took photos of Schwed tied up at their home and later used the images to retaliate against his wife after she reported him for domestic abuse.

I find this to be just as disgusting. Instead of alerting the authorities in the first place he uses the pics as some form of revenge. In my eyes, he's just as guilty. If you see something wrong and don't report it or do anything about it, you have a share of the blame. Sick.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Put someone in jail for a picture that we cannot verify hoe the picture came about? We cannot verify weather the disgruntled husband set it up, the person does not appear to be in distress at all. Was this pic set-up? Was the person tied for their own safety? Which is very possible too.

You are going to put someone in jail for that? Hooo Weee, smh!

The person was nice enough to take care of someone that many people would not take care of, the husband ex or whatever was just looking to get this person into trouble and you would just throw 'em in jail?

Based off the OP, NO.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Harvin because: Adding, editing

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
How do we know who did the job of tying him up and imprisoning him? Her abusive ex strangled her? I had similar experiences in the past, and it could be that she and those kids lived in absolute terror, with this abusive presence who threatened to harm them if they interfered or she would get a beating. He could have done this and took pictures and turned them in claiming it was her, any time as leverage. They always want their spouse to look bad.

I also know of my friends and aquaintances abuse. And a woman who I loved, tried to help, and was amazed at her courage standing up to the black market to be a helper for us, a beautiful Eskimo woman who wasn't aging well, due to trauma, and who just ended up murdered. I know one woman who didn't dry the dishes but left them to drip dry on their own as we do, and he chased her around the townhouse with a chain saw, and she had to jump from the second story and hurt, sprain or fracture her ankle, with a baby in the house, managed to get to a phone, the police show up. Meanwhile he hid the still warm chain saw in the spare room and broke dishes and then the police believed him that she was freaking out and unbalanced.

So, abusive male in the house, but you blame her? Women usually can't even get away from them easily.

Yes, I understand that we know diddly squat about all the goings on, but here we have prosecutors ignoring evidence of a possible misdoing in the first instance for obvious reasons..at least to them, to the point of the ridiculous.
The thing is, if that person was tied up, where was the carer?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Johnson's husband took photos of Schwed tied up at their home and later used the images to retaliate against his wife after she reported him for domestic abuse.

I find this to be just as disgusting. Instead of alerting the authorities in the first place he uses the pics as some form of revenge. In my eyes, he's just as guilty. If you see something wrong and don't report it or do anything about it, you have a share of the blame. Sick.

Agreed, kind of what I'm getting at in my post to Unity. But, the suits are to blame as well, because they are so fecking scared.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

then if thats the case she needed to come forward before hand and say husband is behind this. plus she was taking the guy with the disability away from the parents house which I don't think she was supposed to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

she admitted to it. Your line of thinking is probably why the prosecutors didnt move forward at first. But she conffessed

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
she was ultimately charged with attempted unlawful imprisonment right? in what way did she attempt that. either she was the one who tied him up or was'nt.

top topics

join