It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want to Fight With My Brothers in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

you wouldn't be alone... there are more.. and there is no law against it

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What I can't understand is why the worlds militaries haven't grouped together and stormed the areas where ISIL are present and wiped them off the map? Ok so it's a guerilla war, but surely if you place a large enough number of "good guys" on the ground, with a (very) strong humanitarian effort to support the local population and show you're there to help not invade, it's going to make it almost impossible for ISIL to pop their heads up without losing them?

But I guess for our spineless politicians that's no good because it doesn't help them win the next election, or gain access to more natural resources or build wealth.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swing80s
You guys really don't get it?
I'm messing with you.

My real question is this: Why don't Right Wing Christians take ISIS on??

I know that it's technically the dark ages for Islam because 700 years ago we had our dark age and there's a difference in religious maturity so to speak. I'm a Conservative Libertarian posing a legitmate question. Why isn't there a movement in the west to stop them?

Because of the war crimes commited in Iraq and Afghanistan based on a total pack of lies.
Its not rocket science, thats why.
Last year our leaders tried very hard to get consent to go back into the middle east, but the people prevented it. And also Putin prevented it, which is why Russia is in such a state right now from sanctions, applied under the guise of whats happening in Ukraine.
The movement to stop them is in the form of the media, giving Isis all the publicity it could ever want, and persuading the people to get behind "feet on the ground" which has been the goal from the very moment Isis took oil fields.
And after the latest "incident" the calls for feet on the ground are getting louder.
We are so bloody gullible. We are all puppets, and our emotions are the strings.
Its funny that nobody had even heard of Isis until they started capturing oil wells. Funny that. Not in a comedic type way, in a something is very wrong here type of way.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You should start with the cartels. Easier to get to Mexico and just as dangerous and deadly (probably more so).

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Well said. I've been saying that this is a media distraction for a few weeks now, but get labeled as an ISIS apologist instead. I keep posting statistics that show that the cartels are worse than isis. So using the same logic and rhetoric that everyone is using to justify putting boots on the ground in the Middle East again, you could use against the cartels. Except they are worse (AND operate in striking distance of the USA), but instead we get crickets about that.

No one cares about truth, they just want to be scared of the next biggest "threat". I can't wait until the media cycle rolls over and everyone forgets about ISIS. Though I'm sure that whatever it is, I'll be yelled at and insulted for trying to remain calm and level headed about it. Just like this issue and the Ebola issue and the Syria issue and so on.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well said. I've been saying that this is a media distraction for a few weeks now, but get labeled as an ISIS apologist instead. I keep posting statistics that show that the cartels are worse than isis. So using the same logic and rhetoric that everyone is using to justify putting boots on the ground in the Middle East again, you could use against the cartels. Except they are worse (AND operate in striking distance of the USA), but instead we get crickets about that.

No one cares about truth, they just want to be scared of the next biggest "threat". I can't wait until the media cycle rolls over and everyone forgets about ISIS. Though I'm sure that whatever it is, I'll be yelled at and insulted for trying to remain calm and level headed about it. Just like this issue and the Ebola issue and the Syria issue and so on.

I know, my whole life has been under threat of one grand catastrophe or another....

The Cold War.
Punks.
Nuclear Holocaust.
Aids.
Foot And Mouth Disease.
Mad Cow Disease.
Weapons of Mass Distraction.
The "Antichrist" Saddam Hussein.
The IRA.
Animal Rights Extremists.
Football Hooligans.
Gangs.
Ze Evil Muslims.
Avian Flu.
Measles.
Ebola.
Swine Flu.
Now we have ISIS.

Same sh*t, different decade.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What's crazy is how hostile everyone gets when you try to remain calm and emotionally unattached to the situation. I've suffered some very nasty remarks from the pro-war with ISIS people, and just about all of them can't refrain from putting words in my mouth about what I am saying (again I get called an ISIS apologist on the regular).

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What's crazy is how hostile everyone gets when you try to remain calm and emotionally unattached to the situation. I've suffered some very nasty remarks from the pro-war with ISIS people, and just about all of them can't refrain from putting words in my mouth about what I am saying (again I get called an ISIS apologist on the regular).

You can only try to keep things rational, but when people want blood, talking them down can be harder than ever.
I understand the power of emotional blackmail, it has "hooked" me many times.
I honestly feel numb with what I have found to be true in this world, Im all out of "scared".
It can be hard work being the "designated driver" though. Like you say, people like to be scared, it adds some excitement to an otherwise mundane repetitive existence of working to survive.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I understand it all too clearly myself. I've succumbed to it myself and I've ALWAYS regretted it later because of the decisions I make and the things I say while under its influence. I've learned my lesson, it's strange how many people don't know how to learn their lessons.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I understand it all too clearly myself. I've succumbed to it myself and I've ALWAYS regretted it later because of the decisions I make and the things I say while under its influence. I've learned my lesson, it's strange how many people don't know how to learn their lessons.

All my life its been portrayed to me by my peers that learning stuff is uncool. I fell for it at school and never went as a result. I understand the mentality of ignorance, I lived it. What I dont understand is the ignorance in the face of overwhelming evidence of corruption, lies and greed. With a side dish of total idiocy.
You tell people some harsh realities about the world we live, and the anger is directed at the messenger.

People do think they are free in their little bubble of debt servitude, you shatter the bubble and let them free, they hate you for shattering their "world".

Do we really have the right to destroy someones world?
Even if that world is an invisible net of manipulation and control.
The saying ignorance is bliss is true.
Then you dont have to take responsibility for the seriously messed up state of affairs of our "civilisation".
And it really is a seriously messed up state of affairs when we have people being burned alive in a cage purely for propaganda purposes. I had to fight the desire to get angry this morning, and I managed to catch myself.
The force is strong with this propaganda and im seriously concerned.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

ive had alot of violence in my life and in my life im known to be a violent man some one not to mess with in my everyday dealings like dont rob me lol.
so im not saying your wrong in feeling that way i do too i guess i feel bad for those christians over there .
But lets break down what you just said you want to be more christian by joining the fight .
well christian means christ like to be more like Jesus Christ.
Well Jesus would not raise a hand like that remember love thy enemy turn the other cheek.
And above all the most important thing he said to remember .That in the last days you will be hated and killed and scourned and mocked and run out of town laughed at stoned and beheaded in his name sake so everything is right on time then

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

And im not just posting this to you im posting it to me too ...................and i guess anyone else who will listen .
...........Prepare for King Jesus Coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ISIL is a huge distraction. We always have plenty of boogeymen available to rattle their saber's when we need a good one.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
amen .......and hey sometimes they actually exist..........oh wait its usually because we made them .lol
hussaine osama alquada we made them all ha ha ha ha ha (laughs like evil villian ).
Oh and i know i spelled them wrong i get the little red line under my words when there wrong too lol

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
That in the last days you will be hated and killed and scourned and mocked and run out of town laughed at stoned and beheaded in his name sake so everything is right on time then

No not really, because no time frame was ever given.
I think we have been living in the end times since 100AD.
And no Jesus is not coming back. Looks like the Christians are going to have to do their own dirty work.
Thinking Jesus is coming to save the world is the perfect excuse for someone who cant be asked to do something for themselves.

The bible also said "The lord helps those that help themselves"

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I would characterize the battle as defending decency and values. ISIS wants to make this a religious matter so as to elicit other Muslims to join their cause. I applaud you in your willingness to fight against these lost individuals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join