It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ISIS video shows Jordanian pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh being burned alive

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think, personally, the main reason the ISIS threat hadn't been eradicated is the way they're dispersed...

The Coalition Airstikes are a great idea...
But they have to be selective due to close proximity to civillians...
So the Airstrikes have to be strategic & not just a non stop barrage.

Eventually boots will have to hit the ground...

Whose boots is the question that many ponder...

It could easily be the UK & the U.S...

But since 2001 the tide us shifted and ALOT of the citizens of our Countries have made it vocaly known we aren't the World's Police...
I say do it, it's ISIS for Heaven's sake, not some rag tag Tribe...
& I'm sure the U.S. & UK troops feel that way...

But of course it would take a lot of persuading the general public that this would be worth the risk...

So most people are more for the idea that Middle Eastern nations should be the ones on the ground...
& I agree with that as well..

The Airstrikes will only do so much...
& as well as the Kurds have handled ISIS on their patch...
The right thing to do is to Aid them Militarily rather than with a pat on the back imo.

We'll have to wait and see for now I guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's not as simple as boots on the ground. You cannot, and I mean cannot, get a large conventional force on the ground without them being swamped down and dragged into another counter insurgency situation that drags on and on.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Fermy

1) Actually you brought up protests... & rather than searching for it online you decided to ask "why not protest" as if to say that they haven't happened as of yet. But you're wrong & they have... So rather than assert something that is false...
Do your own research.

2)Rehashing what exactly?
No, a few posts back I said I wouldn't play a part in helping Assad just to fight ISIS because I'm not allowed and I have a hatred for the man anyways... & the enemy of my enemy isn't my friend...
This time I told you that the Jordanian Army are not fighting ISIS on the ground they are bombing them with Airstrikes as part of a Coalition...
So again, I'm not a Pilot, why should I join their Army, even if I was allowed to?

3) Then you should be specific about ISIS and not say your Culture & Religion as if to espouse disgust with all Islamic extremism...

4) No I don't... You expect others to do research for you?

5) Fair enough, you have your answers now... Answers you had the first time... When I gave you a list of not only Nations fighting ISIS, but also many other Militia groups.

Stop asking me to do your research when all you have to do is type "protests against ISIS" into Google.

That's 3 words... You don't have to visit a library or open Pandora's Box...
Just open another window

So you're unable to provide any evidence of substantial protest by the Muslim world against ISIS, right.
Thought not, that is because so far, there has been none. You dodge,swerve,evade and avoid. I'd say that appears to sum up your peoples attitudes towards those who usurp the name and religion. I have Jewish friends who do the same when asked to comment on Israeli war crimes.
Both sides do the equivalent of putting their fingers in their ears and going "lalalalala I can't hear you".
I have had a look and found nothing of substance. I'm happy to be proven wrong it would be a positive thing for the Muslim community of the UK and worldwide.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

If the Muslim nations stopped squabbling and got coherent for once in their history they could put aside their petty rancour and just erase this stain from the earth.
But they won't.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah sure.

Believe what you like...

I have no obligation to "prove you wrong".

Take that whichever way you like.

"There has been none"... LoL
Classic!

I've got two windows open with 2 very significant protests against ISIS from London right now...

I actually had the links in this post before I thought better of bowing to your demands...

I'm not your personal research department nor am I your tutor.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
a reply to: sg1642

If the Muslim nations stopped squabbling and got coherent for once in their history they could put aside their petty rancour and just erase this stain from the earth.
But they won't.

I was thinking about starting a thread regarding just that. If the nations in the Middle East could put aside their differences and sectarian squabbles not only could they easily solve this problem they could make the region as a whole strong and prosperous. Western intervention and meddling has hardly helped and we are guilty of heinous acts in the region, but if the nations could come to cooperate fully with each other they could bring Iraq back from the brink and provide enough support to stabilise the country and put an end to ISIS. The things the entire region from Egypt to Pakistan could achieve are astronomical if they could live and work together along the lines the EU has for instance. It's maybe a pipe dream and I doubt it would ever happen (or be allowed to happen for that matter). The region has probably seen too much conflict to know anything different.
edit on 55111642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Just watched it. Most disturbing thing I've ever watched.
This one is actually REAL! So why fake beheading videos but burn a human being alive?

I'm not convinced. The video seemed more like a movie trailer, than a serious message. Also take into consideration Isis apparently did not show any signs of proof he was alive during negotiations with the Jordanians during the prisoner exchange demand by Isis, suggesting he was killed a while ago.

This is the link to the 22min video. You can begin watching at 17min mark.
Isis video release

Here is the deconstruction video someone made.
Isis burning captive video - Real or Fake?

What do members think?
edit on 5-2-2015 by Ihsaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah sure.

Believe what you like...

I have no obligation to "prove you wrong".

Take that whichever way you like.

"There has been none"... LoL
Classic!

I've got two windows open with 2 very significant protests against ISIS from London right now...

I actually had the links in this post before I thought better of bowing to your demands...

I'm not your personal research department nor am I your tutor.

Nope, that much is clear. Publish or be damned. I shall repost once I get back to my computer rather than this tablet and I will see just how much protest I find and will post all links whomsoever it supports.
Generally speaking these sites require back up to statements, if none are available however..........

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Usually yes, but it was your claim not mine...

So it's on you to prove they've "never happened"...

Since I've seen links to the contrary, you should really adhere to T&Cs and stop "knowingly posting false information".

Maybe you're not doing it intentionally & being argumentative...

In which case...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ged-town.html

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Open Letter to Baghdadi

That letter was sent to the leader of Isis. Signed by over 100 highly regarded islamic scholars from all over the world detesting his claim of caliphate and what Isis stand for.

With Assad in power, it's a very tricky situation for other nations to try go in and intervene. Having an outside influence setting up base in Syria could be his undoing down the track. I could only see Iran sending in troops, but that would possibly upset Turkey and some other country's. It's a mess in there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ihsaan

This one is actually REAL! So why fake beheading videos but burn a human being alive?

I'm not convinced. The video seemed more like a movie trailer, than a serious message. Also take into consideration Isis apparently did not show any signs of proof he was alive during negotiations with the Jordanians during the prisoner exchange demand by Isis, suggesting he was killed a while ago.

Isis video release

What do members think?
the only part of that video which is remotely convincing is the part about the right hand which can be easily explained as bodily tissues/ fluids running down the hand or melted material from the boiler suit. He goes into great detail about the fire effects appearing on screen before the actual fire. Brilliant. He pointed out they could have added effects to the footage. Well done him.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Isis video release

What do members think?

Ok, Skippy. Why don't you stand in a cage, doused with petrol, and pretend to be lit up? Maybe your injuries will only be fake too.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Isis video release

What do members think?

Ok, Skippy. Why don't you stand in a cage, doused with petrol, and pretend to be lit up? Maybe your injuries will only be fake too.

If my death sentence was being filmed by my enemy to be shown to the world, I know I would denounce everything they stand for on film, to the point they would have to muzzle me. The isis video is filmed from a distance.. Why?
Why segment it? If you really want to install fear, why not allow close up disturbing footage.

I posted a video link to an alternative view. This is the age of deception, not everything you see it real or true. I said I'm not convinced, I didn't say it is fake.. There's a difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Isis video release

What do members think?

If my death sentence was being filmed by my enemy to be shown to the world, I know I would denounce everything they stand for on film, to the point they would have to muzzle me. The isis video is filmed from a distance.. Why?
Why segment it? If you really want to install fear, why not allow close up disturbing footage.

I posted a video link to an alternative view. This is the age of deception, not everything you see it real or true. I said I'm not convinced, I didn't say it is fake.. There's a difference.
it is easy to say in this situation I would do this or that my friend. Fact of the matter is these people do dry runs. Mock executions. Beatings. Rape. Now when you have the risk of a 7.62 round hollowing out your skull you become quite compliant. Would you take the risk of insulting your captors on what could be another dry run only to be dragged away and have god knows what done to you? No. You wouldn't. You are taught in the military in a SERE situation not to agrivate your captors and be the grey man. The fact they named specific Jordanian service personnel implies he talked. Which would also imply he was being tortured. You'll notice he only really reacted when he saw the lit fire which was probably the exact moment he realised it had went tits up for him.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Isis video release

What do members think?

So you KNOW you would denounce everything they stand for? You would be too busy sh!tt!n' your pants to talk knowing that you would be about to suffer the most painful death imaginable. Ever hear of being scared speechless? Glad you're so brave.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Isis video release

What do members think?

So you KNOW you would denounce everything they stand for? You would be too busy sh!tt!n' your pants to talk knowing that you would be about to suffer the most painful death imaginable. Ever hear of being scared speechless? Glad you're so brave.

I know I would denounce it, because Isis is the very essence of destroying Islam. If you know you are going to die, there is no difference if you keep your mouth shut or speak out.

I for one am a sunni muslim, so I would not hesitate too speak out against the ideology of Wahabism.

If you know the story regarding the slave of Pharoah, he threatened to boil her and her new born child alive in a large pot of water if she didn't proclaim Pharaoh as God.
She refused to proclaim and they were martyred. Now just because your faith in whatever it is you believe in doesn't allow you to take such a step, it doesn't mean others can't.

So denouncing what they stand for is easy for me.. The prophet pbuh spoke of these people and regarding them as the dogs of hell. Keep your fear to yourself. If you don't have something to stand for, you have nothing to live for.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Open Letter to Baghdadi

That letter was sent to the leader of Isis. Signed by over 100 highly regarded islamic scholars from all over the world detesting his claim of caliphate and what Isis stand for.

With Assad in power, it's a very tricky situation for other nations to try go in and intervene. Having an outside influence setting up base in Syria could be his undoing down the track. I could only see Iran sending in troops, but that would possibly upset Turkey and some other country's. It's a mess in there.

As a Christian and non-Muslim I do not know what Islam permits and does not permits, so I truly want to thank you for sharing this.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In 2001 America went to war on terrosism with a patriotic fervor. The war was long and drawn out and support waned. When it became extremely low and the public wanted and end Bin Laden was killed letting Americans believe it was finished. A few years later these guys spring up and start making propaganda videos of the torture and execution of Americans and others. This creates a rift between citizens and government. If they try and stop it Americans rage has mostly burned out And there will be little public support. If they dont they are condemned for stayin nuetral. This is either really good timing, these guys are smarter than we think, or there is a mastermind behind all of this for unknown reasons

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
As fake as a Kardashians intelligence.

I cant believe people are falling for these Hollywood style films.

Hook - Line - Sinker!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seriously, you guys with the "It's fake!"

"Pics or it didn't happen!" are truly starting to get to a disturbing level.

Charlie it's been educational reading your posts. Thank you sir. I'm gone from this thread guys.

edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join