It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ISIS video shows Jordanian pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh being burned alive

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Agreed. It makes no sense.

It's a highly produced, double-down gambit against their own survival. Why the hell are they so desperate to draw the west into being utterly united in the destruction of IS?

Because it is highly cost effective to fight a defensive war. It is also extremely costly to fight an offensive war. ISIS believes, quite correctly that with enough bloodshed they will win any defensive war with the west and they will do it at a far lower cost. Actions like this are designed to provoke us into a war that we can't afford and we can't win.
Can't win? The U.S. could end it all in two days if they so wanted.

No they couldnt.

They did not end things in days in vietnam, afganistan or iraq.

So why would isis be any diffrent?

Sure the US could crush any conventinal army or airforce in days.

But ISIS are the same guerrila army that the US and UK have been struggling with in tne ME for the past decade.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

No I don't think so. The price of WTI has gone up to over $50 a barrel. The price started increasing from 30th January from $46.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Apparently Jordan plans to hang the prisoners. That's a hell of a lot more humane than being burned alive in a cage.
I wonder how long the poor man knew what was coming. I'm sure they tortured him with the knowledge well before his actual execution.
edit on 3-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Well I don't see the need for all countries to collectively get together and use a lot of manpower to defeat Isis. Here is my reasoning they have men,tanks and artillery just like any other army so they obviously have battle lines and places they occupy, places they have conquered right? So how hard would it be to drop a tactical Nuke behind their battle lines and take our their tanks and heavy equipment and demoralize them? Fight smart not hard!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, this should definitely be a global issue. What would happen if these barbarous acts started happening over here? (discounting what the crazies that already live here do already)

I keep thinking just exactly what it is going to take before most of society says "ENOUGH" and makes demands of their government; whether it be the economy, the debt, terrorism, etc. Give them an ultimatum they better respect or this whole thing is coming down.

I just can't stomach anymore what individuals and groups of people are allowed to get away with. Why does it take so damn long to catch them. Why do so many have to be tortured before someone has the balls to take them out!

edit on 3-2-2015 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't often condone violence on a grand scale but I believe in justice being carried out and in this case, eliminating every single last member of ISIS, ISIL or any other organization that wants to call themselves terrorists is called for. By any means necessary and as quickly as possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Well if Isis tried that crap in the United states we wouldn't tolerate it. To many conservative thinkers over here vigilantes would take care of buisness real quick I think that is why we have not had any suicide bombings here in the states yet because terrorists know that when Americans react we react in a big way!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

Yeah, this should definitely be a global issue. What would happen if these barbarous acts started happening over here? (discounting what the crazies that already live here do already)

I keep thinking just exactly what it is going to take before most of society says "ENOUGH" and makes demands of their government; whether it be the economy, the debt, terrorism, etc. Give them an ultimatum they better respect or this whole thing is coming down.

I just can't stomach anymore what individuals and groups of people are allowed to get away with. Why does it take so damn long to catch them. Why do so many have to be tortured before someone has the balls to take them out!

Exactly... I know many believe that because it's not happening in your backyard, it should be of no concern, but these things can spread like wild fires. And with any fire, you try to put it "out" before it gains more power... This should be on everyone's mind, because if these sick bastards ever got their hands on any of us, we all know what they would do to us. They want to eliminate us all, so we should take the same action against them...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The US could only end it by using WMD's and that's not a politically viable solution. Boots on the ground cannot win this type of war because there's simply too much land area to secure.

Fighting this war would cost us 50-100x what it costs them to fight it, and though their casualties would be higher it wouldn't really matter because they're in a holy war where they fight to the death anyways. There is no industrial capability to destroy that removes their ability to fight back because they are using low tech methods.

Letting ourselves be provoked by acts like this is the last possible thing we should be doing.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack Why the hell are they so desperate to draw the west into being utterly united in the destruction of IS?

maybe the ISIS handlers/leadership want and desire for the West to fund and arm an 'Anti-ISIS' Army...
option A: Encourage a take-over of ISIS by a Turkish Caliphate to stop the bad-behavior by IS=ISIS

option B: Allow the Persian-ShiaMuslims to develop their atomic bombs to STOP the Sunni Caliphate Radicals of IS

option C: does not exist... as explained here; a reply to: Aazadan

...after all each extreme sect of Muslim views the opposite Sect as 'Apostates'.... thus a Sunni-Shia conflict that is meant to establish the 'proper' code-of-conduct for the Global Caliphate that is destined to blossom soon

the Sunni sect of extremists is poking both the West and the Shia Muslims of Persia, Syria and the proxy armies in Gaza and Lebanon to respond to the IS 'Apostacy' against Islam with this newest Blasphemy that chooses to burn helpless captives alive instead of beheading them with righteousness with the Nobel Sword-of-Islam...

(I say that IS=ISIS is thought to be demeaning true Islam, even with the crude 4" knife hackings as the method of beheading instead of Swords... let alone the newest atrocity of burning alive in a cage...the IS are murdering the fellow Muslims in conquered cities because they are not on-board with their (ISIS) inhumanity and slandering of Islam by their Bestial actions which follows not historic Islam practices
edit on rd28142300285503342015 by St Udio because: clean up post reply

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The fact that the US hasn’t taken down Isil may be proof that they are really supporting them as the conspiracy theorists say.

I wouldn’t be surprised

If that is true then the US is truly the prince of darkness

We are being played on many levels.

OBAMA RESPONDS TO ISIS BURNING PILOT ALIVE – BY PROMOTING OBAMACARE!

www.infowars.com...

But Obama has been more restrained in his response to ISIS, which is understandable considering the U.S. has been covertly funding the terror group alongside NATO ally Turkey as part of their proxy war against Syria. “During investigations, Yousaf al Salafi [an ISIS commander] revealed that he was getting funding – routed through America – to run the organization in Pakistan and recruit young people to fight in Syria,” a source within Pakistani law enforcement told a local newspaper. President Obama wants a $38 billion budget increase for the Defense Department, which includes $5.3 billion to equip “appropriately vetted elements of the Syrian opposition,” but back in September ISIS signed a truce with the remaining rebel groups and they are now working together against the Syrian government. “We are collaborating with the Islamic State and the Nusra Front by attacking the Syrian Army’s gatherings in… Qalamoun,” Bassel Idriss, the commander of a “moderate” rebel brigade, told the Lebanese Daily Star. And another “moderate” commander of the Free Syrian Army, Abu Khaled, also revealed they are collaborating with Islamic militants. “Let’s face it: The Nusra Front is the biggest power present right now in Qalamoun and we as FSA would collaborate on any mission they launch as long as it coincides with our values,” he added.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Time to fight fire with fire...
and lay waste to this blight on humanity!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The fact is this thing isn’t going to change things at all.

They didn’t do anything when they slaughtered 2 Americans they wont do anything over a Jordanian pilot.

I posted from jump street what should be done.

Medieval religious fundamentalists are dangerous and should be wiped out period as soon as possible...

If you let them go this far believe me; one day the will be Christian nuts like this, Jewish nuts, Buddhist nuts, Hindu nuts, and certainly more Muslim nuts...

It didn’t take a man being burned alive for me to see and say what should be done.

The fact is that the US is probably in cahoots with Isil.

What other reason for not exterminating them?

edit on 3-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Pretty sure there won't be any murderous Buddhists.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Yin and Yang.

More than a dozen people may have been killed after a Buddhist group rampaged through a town in an isolated corner of Myanmar, hacking Muslim women and children with knives, a rights group reported Friday.
america.aljazeera.com...

No one is free from the madness.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: sg1642]

At what point are we responsible? We caused just as much carnage and murdered more people in equally brutal ways in Iraq. Yes they should be held accountable and responsible but we are hypocritical to sit and cast judgement when our nations actions have been criminal and despicable. These people are scum and should be brought to justice, but we aren't any better.

You mean Saddam didn't gas and kill ANY of his own people?

And while the Iraqi people were in the main very poor .... He (Saddam)

was living 'high on the hog' and building palace after palace (with gold fittings)

for himself and his family. Some people have short, or memories of convenience

I never claimed any different. What I am saying is we aren't all sweetness and innocence. Saddam was a dictator who murdered his own people. We launched an illegal invasion and murdered thousands too leaving the country in turmoil in the process.

Who are we to judge?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow, I guess I stand corrected. And I learned something new.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx
a reply to: Willtell
Pretty sure there won't be any murderous Buddhists.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: sg1642

Then what would you recommend; standing by and singing kumbya?
I would recommend doing what we are doing air support and special forces giving training, fire support and assistance so that people in Iraq can solve the problems in Iraq.

This is exactly what special forces are good at and they can square it away without a massive military footprint. That I am sure of.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Ok ok guys! Bad Buddhists. My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join