It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Break Down A Million Dollars A Month In Child Support?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
I don't understand the child support laws.

They also need to make it possible for people to create the equivalent of prenup agreements in relation to childcare in the event of a divorce. Unless someone is on drugs and can be proven without a doubt they are a danger to themselves and others, the agreement would need to be upheld.

That means that if a man and women get together and write up one of these agreements, they would decide prior to having children what type of money would go where in the event of a divorce.

There's no reason why state forced child support should ever be a million a month. If you're a woman and you're married to a rich dude then you live a rich lifestyle. If you divorce Mr. rich dude and the kids now live with you, you no longer live a rich lifestyle. If that's an issue for the kids then they can go live with him.

Unless there is something in your contract stating otherwise.

Honestly though, I think child support in general should just be done away with completely. It should only be upheld by the courts if there was a legal contract prior to having kids written up between the mother and father. As it is right now there is too much incentive for one parent(usually the woman) to fight for sole custody simply because it gives a bigger paycheck. This robs the kids of spending time with both parents and usually ends in one party living a miserable lifestyle not based in reality on the amount of money they make.

It does not give the parent who is forced to pay child support the option to cut back and live poor. When I was growing up(my parents did stay together) and we had some hard times, this was in the form of eating beans and not having expensive cereals and foods. This was in the form of wearing hand me down clothes. If you're making 10 bucks an hour and the court requires you to pay 500 a month in child support...why even bother living anymore? It's not like you'll ever be able to dig yourself out of the hole. You do not have the option as the parent who is receiving child support has, of making the decision to cut back. It's all or none.

How about if Mr. Billionaire stole from Americans, or however he made his billions, and forced his wife to quit her well paying job when she was pregnant because it might have hurt his manhood, or what have you. Is she entitled to something then? Because I'm sure in 20+ years of marriage, she might then have accumulated her own wealth rightfully if Mr. Billionaire didn't have hurt feelings and wasn't so controlling.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Anyafaj

Oh don't get me wrong, a Pox and all their houses it's the absurd idea that kids need 3 million a month to live well.

I agree, but also understand he is worth billions! Not millions, billions. Those kids have been living like billionaires since they've been born. As someone already mentioned, they're entitled to live as they're already accustomed. I doubt they'll get a billion dollars in CS court, but at the same time, maybe mom would have had more money if dad hadn't forced her to quit her all those years ago. After you've been out of the work force for decades, it's difficult to reenter it. (I wonder how CS court will feel about Daddy stalking the family by living on the floor below. I'm sure he'll use the "I missed them" excuse.)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If the kids want to keep living like billionaires they can live with their daddy.... I'm sure he's more than capable of taking care of them. Not sure why she needs full custody...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

First, he didn't force her to do anything.

If she quit, that was her own choice. Whether it was because of his manhood or because she believed in sugar sparkle fairies makes no difference, if she quit is was by her choice.

So no, she is not entitled to anything as she chose to quit.

Marriage and divorce should not be career paths. To not work 20 years is irresponsible and idiotic.

I understand not working for five years when children are babies before they start their studies and what not. Okay, I get that. But 20 #ing years? Seriously?

That was why I said there needs to be the option for some sort of agreements that are made up prior to having children. That way all parties are able to prepare and plan for things, if they choose not to then it's on them.

Also, everyone both rich and poor in America are stealing from one another as this is the system we have manufactured for ourselves that is not based on mutual best self interest. That doesn't have anything to do with the ridiculous child support system in America that needs done away with ASAP.(EDIT: well, it kind of does have to do with it but not directly and would be a different topic altogether)

edit on 3-2-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Chicago Tribune

Ken Griffin, founder and chief executive of Chicago-based hedge fund Citadel, on Thursday filed a motion in Cook County Circuit Court to set trial dates in their divorce, which he
He said Thursday that her financial disclosure statement claims almost $1 million a month in "child-related expenses," including $300,000 a month for a private jet, $160,000 a month for vacation rentals, and $60,000 a month for office space and professional staff.

"Anne's continued demands (come) under the guise of 'child support,' " Griffin's filing said.

Griffin has sought joint custody of the couple's three children, ages 7, 4 and 2. Dias is seeking sole custody, with reasonable visitation for Griffin, and wants to move to New York with the children.

"It is likely that Anne is using this delay to manufacture artificial ties to New York City — where none previously existed," Griffin said in his court filing.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Now there are couple of threads dealing with how the rest of us unwashed plebs go through life one guy walking 21 miles a day to work to make that $10:00 per hr job of which he is grateful and another about how Almost Half of US Households Exhaust Their Salaries www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now many of my fellow plebs will yell the loudest in protest if ever anyone utter the words.. TAX THE RICH!!!

What's a million dollars?

I don't know what a million dollars is, that is something I have never seen in my entire whole life span on earth.

Can someone please tell me what this strange thing a million dollars is?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If these kids are accustomed to having a million $ a month spent on them, I think they will grow up with a very distorted view of want vs needs.

If the mother wants them to live in the manner they are accustomed to, the should live with their dad.
Or the should become accustomed to a more moderate life with mum, obviously not without a helping hand from dad.

The logic seems to be that it's the mother who wants the spoiled life style she has become accustomed to, so that she can in turn spoil her kids rotten.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To be fair, a million a month doesn't go as far as it used to... You would think with lower gas prices it would help, but oddly it hasn't made that much of a difference!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

If the kids want to keep living like billionaires they can live with their daddy.... I'm sure he's more than capable of taking care of them. Not sure why she needs full custody...

Do you seriously think Mr. Hedge Fund Billionaire is going to quit his job and raise his minions????? Or do you think his kids are going to be raised by nannies and probably never see Daddy unless it's the holidays? (And this is coming from someone who was raised by my father because of an unfit mother due to severe mental illness. And I am eternally grateful to him.) Yes the mother may hire a nanny, but I'm sure she'll at least BE there as she is now.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

First, he didn't force her to do anything.

If she quit, that was her own choice. Whether it was because of his manhood or because she believed in sugar sparkle fairies makes no difference, if she quit is was by her choice.

So no, she is not entitled to anything as she chose to quit.

Marriage and divorce should not be career paths. To not work 20 years is irresponsible and idiotic.

I understand not working for five years when children are babies before they start their studies and what not. Okay, I get that. But 20 #ing years? Seriously?

That was why I said there needs to be the option for some sort of agreements that are made up prior to having children. That way all parties are able to prepare and plan for things, if they choose not to then it's on them.

Also, everyone both rich and poor in America are stealing from one another as this is the system we have manufactured for ourselves that is not based on mutual best self interest. That doesn't have anything to do with the ridiculous child support system in America that needs done away with ASAP.(EDIT: well, it kind of does have to do with it but not directly and would be a different topic altogether)

If you RTA I posted, you would see, Dias Griffin

Dias Griffin, once a hedge fund trader in her own right with $200 million under management, dissolved her fund near the time when her first child was born seven years ago. In newly disclosed details, Dias Griffin says it wasn’t raising children that was the problem, but her husband’s corporate compliance. Ken Griffin had “forced Anne’s personal trading and investment vehicle to abide by a new set of stringent spousal compliance rules imposed by Citadel” court documents reveal. Anne said she could not trade afterwards, losing her source of income.

Ken Griffin appears to be sweating out his wife. In her court filing she said that, “just last week, he threatened her that if she asks him for a penny, he would sue her until she has no money left.” Griffin has also failed to produce a current financial disclosure statement showing income, expenses and net worth, the court filing revealed.

Who knows how much of her own money she has left? For all anybody knows he's been making her spend her own money the entire marriage. I don't know, no one does. Then again maybe not. But if he's not willing to be honest with the court about his worth, he's playing a game. These big wigs play this game all the time. They play it with you and your money, they play it with their wives, and they play it with the companies. They think they're above the law. But hey, be my guess, support the jerk. Anyone who moves into the floor under his wife and tells her to "be a good girl" should tell you a bit about the guys character!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
If these kids are accustomed to having a million $ a month spent on them, I think they will grow up with a very distorted view of want vs needs.

If the mother wants them to live in the manner they are accustomed to, the should live with their dad.
Or the should become accustomed to a more moderate life with mum, obviously not without a helping hand from dad.

The logic seems to be that it's the mother who wants the spoiled life style she has become accustomed to, so that she can in turn spoil her kids rotten.

Ok, here's you logic. If mom wants them to live in the manner they are accustomed, live with dad. To heck with mom kids! She's po' folk now! We're going to toss her some coins on the street because I was a creep to her and wouldn't let her earn money while we were married. It was an affront to my manhood. Say hi to her! There she is in the 16 coats!

SMDH!

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I know the feeling here in the UK (CSA) child support took £156 per week from wages of £200 for the last 8 years from me left me with nothing and I ended up with heart attack at 40 I gave work up but before then while on the sick I got £80 per week and CSA took £45 left me with nothing but am not even on the birth certificate I have no fridge cooker or TV and use WiFi from next door because there human not like the child support, $=£ $237.11 taken from $303.99 $60.80 taken
From $121.60 am not working but going to carry on looking before the end of the world comes 😊

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

Anne's petition is nothing more than a plea for this Court to require Ken to fund her affluent lifestyle, notwithstanding her own substantial wealth, and notwithstanding the premarital agreement in which she knowingly and voluntarily waived any right to spousal support or maintenance from Ken," Griffin writes in his filing. Given Dias Griffin's own means, which Griffin estimates in the filing to be "approximately $50 million or more," his wife, herself a onetime hedge-fund manager and active philanthropist, is amply capable of supporting herself, he asserts.

So just your average gold digger trying to take a man for all he's got just because.
and the fact that they are fighting over amounts of money all us us put together could not make in a lifetime makes me wish they both die of spontaneous combustion

She's not being a gold digger. Illinois law states that the children have to be kept in the lifestyle they were accustomed to when they were married. Besides he makes more than that just on interest on his billions so he won't even miss the money. As the saying goes if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Sorry but no one is "entitled" to any life style.

At best a few million should be put in a trust fund for a kid away from gold digger mommy.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
As someone already mentioned, they're entitled to live as they're already accustomed.

No they are bloody well not!

No one is "entitled to anything.

Social mobility should include ups and downs.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Anyafaj
As someone already mentioned, they're entitled to live as they're already accustomed.

No they are bloody well not!

No one is "entitled to anything.

Social mobility should include ups and downs.

Look, Ewok, I don't think anyone should be "entitled" to anything either, personally, BUT, I didn't make the law either. The law states the word "accustomed, or entitled". I'm not sure which, TBH. And I think Mr. Billionaire should follow the law just like the rest of us. It's only fair.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you're rich, don't get married.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

"15 years paying child support
15 years of attorneys & court fees
15 long years now and counting. one of the worst experiences of my life."

That sounds more like a sentence rather than an obligation.

If i was you i would have faked my own death a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Whats really sad is how messed up those kids must be and are going to be in life.
And heaven forbid if those kids ever get a dose of the real world ......................lol it will eat them alive.
And i dont mean if they lose their money and got to work or just stuff like that.
I mean all the things that can happen to the rich worse than lose your money ,,,,,,,,,,,,,drugs pride vanity
but mainly drugs .
I have found in my life that the most f@#ked up kids in the world are the rich peoples kids.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Spider879

Whats really sad is how messed up those kids must be and are going to be in life.
And heaven forbid if those kids ever get a dose of the real world ......................lol it will eat them alive.
And i dont mean if they lose their money and got to work or just stuff like that.
I mean all the things that can happen to the rich worse than lose your money ,,,,,,,,,,,,,drugs pride vanity
but mainly drugs .
I have found in my life that the most f@#ked up kids in the world are the rich peoples kids.

These are the type that never lose, these aren't your regular run of the mill rich,these are the 1% they own everything,it is they who will eat YOU and I if things really goes south. but yeah self destruction is possible with in any economic group the difference is when they decide to self destruct they have the means to take everyone else with them.
A line from the old Heay Metal Movie.
He dies
You dies
Everybody dies.

edit on 5-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
People making that kind of money with so many starving people in the world is just a disgrace....

And to think they are fighting about that is even worse,i rate these kind of people lower forms of life than isis fighters....and what peeves me off the most is these people will not even raise their own kids as others have pointed there will be a succession of nannies and other child care types doing that for them

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: subfab

"15 years paying child support
15 years of attorneys & court fees
15 long years now and counting. one of the worst experiences of my life."

That sounds more like a sentence rather than an obligation.

If i was you i would have faked my own death a long time ago.

it feels that way sometimes.
believe it or not a few people have given me this advice. another one is for me to flee to a country that doesn't extradite for child support.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join