It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Break Down A Million Dollars A Month In Child Support?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Chicago Tribune

Ken Griffin, founder and chief executive of Chicago-based hedge fund Citadel, on Thursday filed a motion in Cook County Circuit Court to set trial dates in their divorce, which he
He said Thursday that her financial disclosure statement claims almost $1 million a month in "child-related expenses," including $300,000 a month for a private jet, $160,000 a month for vacation rentals, and $60,000 a month for office space and professional staff.

"Anne's continued demands (come) under the guise of 'child support,' " Griffin's filing said.

Griffin has sought joint custody of the couple's three children, ages 7, 4 and 2. Dias is seeking sole custody, with reasonable visitation for Griffin, and wants to move to New York with the children.

"It is likely that Anne is using this delay to manufacture artificial ties to New York City — where none previously existed," Griffin said in his court filing.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Now there are couple of threads dealing with how the rest of us unwashed plebs go through life one guy walking 21 miles a day to work to make that $10:00 per hr job of which he is grateful and another about how Almost Half of US Households Exhaust Their Salaries www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now many of my fellow plebs will yell the loudest in protest if ever anyone utter the words.. TAX THE RICH!!!
edit on 3-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Anne's petition is nothing more than a plea for this Court to require Ken to fund her affluent lifestyle, notwithstanding her own substantial wealth, and notwithstanding the premarital agreement in which she knowingly and voluntarily waived any right to spousal support or maintenance from Ken," Griffin writes in his filing. Given Dias Griffin's own means, which Griffin estimates in the filing to be "approximately $50 million or more," his wife, herself a onetime hedge-fund manager and active philanthropist, is amply capable of supporting herself, he asserts.

So just your average gold digger trying to take a man for all he's got just because.
and the fact that they are fighting over amounts of money all us us put together could not make in a lifetime makes me wish they both die of spontaneous combustion

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
2% for the court (doesn't sound like much but adds up to be a huge moneymaker, that's why courts ALWAYS issue a support order even if both parents are independently wealthy).

$999,000 for mommy to get her hair and nails done, wear the latest clothes, go on lavish vacations and buy jewelry.

Whatever is left can go to the au pair/nanny that actually raises mommy's little meal ticket.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well i imagine any child that requires a million dollars a month to support is a problem in its self.

What are the feeding the kid, Beluga Caviar and Truffles?
LoL
edit on 3-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
2% for the court (doesn't sound like much but adds up to be a huge moneymaker, that's why courts ALWAYS issue a support order even if both parents are independently wealthy).

$999,000 for mommy to get her hair and nails done, wear the latest clothes, go on lavish vacations and buy jewelry.

Whatever is left can go to the au pair/nanny that actually raises mommy's little meal ticket.

But but that's aw that's just child support not including the ka-chiing!!!! mommy will get for herself

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is insane! CS laws are completely out of control!

The non custodial parent should have to pay 50% of BASIC NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS.

NOT to fund someone's lifestyle. Lifestyle and basic needs are two different ballgames. When a couple splits, a change of lifestyle is inevitable and must be taken into consideration prior to ending your marriage. Neither party should be required to pay for unreasonable things - including especially how the other party lives. (see all forms,of alimony, in my opinion)

The whole idea of divorce is to make other party legally and officially not your problem. Alimony is a racket. Something I'd give away every penny I own before paying.
edit on 2/3/2015 by JBurns because: edit

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If I were a celebrity I'd waste 50% on materialistic rubbish and shove the rest up my nose.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Getting all she can while she can...

bloody el, you don't need a million dollars a month to live. People can get by on £200 if they are sensible.

But you know what... this guy has been taking people's cash himself for years so maybe it's what they call 'What goes around comes around' syndrome.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

Anne's petition is nothing more than a plea for this Court to require Ken to fund her affluent lifestyle, notwithstanding her own substantial wealth, and notwithstanding the premarital agreement in which she knowingly and voluntarily waived any right to spousal support or maintenance from Ken," Griffin writes in his filing. Given Dias Griffin's own means, which Griffin estimates in the filing to be "approximately $50 million or more," his wife, herself a onetime hedge-fund manager and active philanthropist, is amply capable of supporting herself, he asserts.

So just your average gold digger trying to take a man for all he's got just because.
and the fact that they are fighting over amounts of money all us us put together could not make in a lifetime makes me wish they both die of spontaneous combustion

She's not being a gold digger. Illinois law states that the children have to be kept in the lifestyle they were accustomed to when they were married. Besides he makes more than that just on interest on his billions so he won't even miss the money. As the saying goes if you wanna play you gotta pay.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The kid deserves every cent to keep up the lifestyle the child is accustomed to - which should include gold toys, a rattle made out of the finest ivory, a bed or crib carved from the wood of almost-extinct trees, and baby clothes designed by the world's top fashion designers and woven from cloth of gold. Not to mention the salary of its nannies, chefs, drivers, pilots, paid companions, and Anne Hathaway (hired to come in daily to sing ballads of joy and woe to the child).
edit on 3-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
... and Anne Hathaway (hired to come in daily to sing ballads of joy and woe to the child).

Daily ballads of joy and woe were highly important to my formative years.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As of January the 1st I was officially divorced from my ex. She pulls down about 200,000 (when you figure in her benefits like phones, car allowances including car insurance, health benefits, etc.) Due to her schedule with that job, I was raising our kids until they reached school age since any money I made with an extremely part time job would be spent on gas to drive there and daycare fees. So, after a prolonged legal battle, she ended up with full custody, which I could get a free lawyer from family court and fight, but the kids are already messed up as it is since she had an order of protection for the two years the divorce was proceeding And she refused to let me near them, she even threw me in jail over thanksgiving for trying to call them the first year.
To make a long story short, she has had to have an au pair with them since I left. I live in a large house with my girlfriend and two kids slightly older than mine more than enough room to go after full custody and she would have to pay me. But I want what's best for my children, I don't officially have to start paying child support until July. There is no way I could afford half of their insurance, extracurricular activities, food and shelter...but since the ice thawed over the holidays (due to my son having nightmares about the llamas next door killing me and he wouldn't see me again), I told my ex I wouldn't pursue full custody as long as she didn't get crazy about support. So I agreed to pay what I could for their college and she would cover the rest. She knows that once state ordered support goes into arrears, I could be arrested which would mean losing my job since I wouldn't make enough to even cover the amount. Arrears keep piling even while in prison. It's a cycle that you can never climb out of. I have options, but I'm doing what's best for my children for now. In the month that she let me take them out for a morning or afternoon on the weekends, the bond has been strengthened, but it's tough.

Tl; dr: child support sucks when the ex makes all of the money but if the divorce was a good thing and some time has passed, miracles can occur

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

True, but that man has taken many men for everything they have.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

arrears is no joke.
15 years paying child support
15 years of attorneys & court fees
15 long years now and counting. one of the worst experiences of my life.

you all want to know a truth? listen up... you only have rights you can afford to defend. no more no less.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well im sure it goes something lke this. $100,000 for a babysitter. $200,000 for a packed lunch. $250,000 for the parents to get out of bed. $250,000 for the child clothes. and the rest is spent on non important. LOL its a crazy mixed up world. I know, why dont they get on a spending budget, that a typical middle class child is living on right now, a month. When we had our children i think the averege was around $500 a month and that included food

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Well im sure it goes something lke this. $100,000 for a babysitter. $200,000 for a packed lunch. $250,000 for the parents to get out of bed. $250,000 for the child clothes. and the rest is spent on non important. LOL its a crazy mixed up world. I know, why dont they get on a spending budget, that a typical middle class child is living on right now, a month. When we had our children i think the averege was around $500 a month and that included food

Because you are an unwashed Pleb like the rest of us, I bet someone used cut outs for specials on those super market paper thingy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't understand the child support laws.

They also need to make it possible for people to create the equivalent of prenup agreements in relation to childcare in the event of a divorce. Unless someone is on drugs and can be proven without a doubt they are a danger to themselves and others, the agreement would need to be upheld.

That means that if a man and women get together and write up one of these agreements, they would decide prior to having children what type of money would go where in the event of a divorce.

There's no reason why state forced child support should ever be a million a month. If you're a woman and you're married to a rich dude then you live a rich lifestyle. If you divorce Mr. rich dude and the kids now live with you, you no longer live a rich lifestyle. If that's an issue for the kids then they can go live with him.

Unless there is something in your contract stating otherwise.

Honestly though, I think child support in general should just be done away with completely. It should only be upheld by the courts if there was a legal contract prior to having kids written up between the mother and father. As it is right now there is too much incentive for one parent(usually the woman) to fight for sole custody simply because it gives a bigger paycheck. This robs the kids of spending time with both parents and usually ends in one party living a miserable lifestyle not based in reality on the amount of money they make.

It does not give the parent who is forced to pay child support the option to cut back and live poor. When I was growing up(my parents did stay together) and we had some hard times, this was in the form of eating beans and not having expensive cereals and foods. This was in the form of wearing hand me down clothes. If you're making 10 bucks an hour and the court requires you to pay 500 a month in child support...why even bother living anymore? It's not like you'll ever be able to dig yourself out of the hole. You do not have the option as the parent who is receiving child support has, of making the decision to cut back. It's all or none.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I hope these cancers on society use Malaysian Airlines soon for one of those $160k monthly vacation rentals....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Chicago Tribune

Ken Griffin, founder and chief executive of Chicago-based hedge fund Citadel, on Thursday filed a motion in Cook County Circuit Court to set trial dates in their divorce, which he
He said Thursday that her financial disclosure statement claims almost $1 million a month in "child-related expenses," including $300,000 a month for a private jet, $160,000 a month for vacation rentals, and $60,000 a month for office space and professional staff.

"Anne's continued demands (come) under the guise of 'child support,' " Griffin's filing said.

Griffin has sought joint custody of the couple's three children, ages 7, 4 and 2. Dias is seeking sole custody, with reasonable visitation for Griffin, and wants to move to New York with the children.

"It is likely that Anne is using this delay to manufacture artificial ties to New York City — where none previously existed," Griffin said in his court filing.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Now there are couple of threads dealing with how the rest of us unwashed plebs go through life one guy walking 21 miles a day to work to make that $10:00 per hr job of which he is grateful and another about how Almost Half of US Households Exhaust Their Salaries www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now many of my fellow plebs will yell the loudest in protest if ever anyone utter the words.. TAX THE RICH!!!

Isn't this the billion dollar marriage where she helped build his company and of course he's denying it and wants to only give her a pittance? With 2 kids and tons of property, he's refusing to allow her access to even one, unless she's a (And I love this phrase he used) "good girl" What are you, her daddy!?! You have like 7 homes, including one in Chicago where you both live. Give her one. One home for your kids to live with your ex, or sell her one at a reduced rate so you know where your kids are. It's not unreasonable considering how many you own. You can't take all of them with you. You can even stipulate that if she move, she must sell the home back to him at the rate she paid for it. Again, reason folks. Yes, wanting half a million to vacation was idiotic. I think she was trying to be creative and get her share of the company, but went the wrong way about it and it blew up in her face.

She was a hedge fund trader before the marriage, he forced her to stop after she got pregnant.

Be a good girl.

Dias Griffin, once a hedge fund trader in her own right with $200 million under management, dissolved her fund near the time when her first child was born seven years ago. In newly disclosed details, Dias Griffin says it wasn’t raising children that was the problem, but her husband’s corporate compliance. Ken Griffin had “forced Anne’s personal trading and investment vehicle to abide by a new set of stringent spousal compliance rules imposed by Citadel” court documents reveal. Anne said she could not trade afterwards, losing her source of income.

So in other words, during the marriage he made her financially dependant on him, and now that they're divorcing refuses to give her any money, almost sounds like an abusive marriage. Isn't that what abusers do? Make you depend fully on them? I hope she saved some of that money! Not saying he beat her, but it is abusive-like in a controlling way.

Ken Griffin appears to be sweating out his wife. In her court filing she said that, “just last week, he threatened her that if she asks him for a penny, he would sue her until she has no money left.” Griffin has also failed to produce a current financial disclosure statement showing income, expenses and net worth, the court filing revealed.

It appears at this point Ken Griffin might benefit from some advice. Purchasing the entire floor and living underneath your ex-wife sounds a little creepy. Ken, you’re a billionaire and are about to be single in Chicago. Enjoy life a little.

Again, kind of creepy/controlling/abusive. Also makes it hard for her to move on if she has to pass him in the halls of the building. The guy is NOT normal. There are PLENTY of penthouses in Chicago to live. You CANNOT tell me this was the only place he could find. Guy's he's a controlling jerk. He's one of those banker types on wall street, if he's willing to mess you over, imagine what he's willing to do to his family.
edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Oh don't get me wrong, a Pox and all their houses it's the absurd idea that kids need a million a month to live well.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join