It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the full function of this forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Is it to show pictures of pets, tell stories, and reminisce about lost pets?

Or is this more than general chit chat?

Should this forum also include things like pet related news and conspiracies?

Ghost pets, pet abductions, pet abuse, dog fighting, shelters, laws relating to pet abuse, ect?

How functional is this forum? I'm just not sure general chit chat is enough, there's a lot of pet related stuff in the supernatural world as well as the news, and in conspiracies. I think this deserved an actual conspiracy based forum, not just an off topic only for silliness forum.

Not that pet pictures, lost pets, ect is pure silly, I'm an animal and pet lover. That however is why I think it's a big enough topic it's certainly not off topic on such a site.
edit on AMTue, 03 Feb 2015 00:35:35 -060003America/Chicago2062015Tuesdayf by Puppylove because: Grammar and Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'd venture a guess... all of the above and then some?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

If all of the above, it should not be an off topic forum, as much of that fits the site to a tee and is more than off topic chit chat.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

To provide evidence / proof that animals are more in tune with nature (than humans), have extra-sensory perception and are 100% more trustworthy than most folks you hear and see on the idiot box.

This forum is long overdue and I know Jude is going to be stoked.

Here, here is a little teaser about a bridge where dogs commit suicide..............

The Canine Suicide enigma - Overtoun Bridge.
This story is personally upsetting but needs to be told nonetheless...........
dailymail.co.uk

The Overtoun Bridge is an arch bridge located near Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland which was built in 1859 and has become famous for the number of unexplained instances in which dogs have apparently committed suicide by leaping off of it.
The incidents were first recorded around the 1950's or 1960's when it was noticed that dogs - usually the long-nosed variety like Collies - would suddenly and unexpectedly leap off the bridge and fall fifty feet to their deaths. In some cases, however, the dogs would survive, recuperate, and then leap off the bridge again.
The locals have a name for these dogs: second-timers. What makes this tragic mystery even more mysterious is that many of the dogs that jump from Overton Bridge jump from the same side and from almost the same spot: between the final two parapets on the right-hand side of the bridge.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I knew about that bridge already, really sad scarey place. The theory is there's something that they smell on the other side, and because of the height of the wall they don't see the drop off and leap unknowingly to their death while chasing the curious scent.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I believe this used to be considered "below top secret"

I still prefer that term honestly... General chat isn't off topic...

Nor is any of the other topics... they're just not conspiracy...

but ATS has grown into something much greater then just a conspiracy site

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Right, but there's LOTS of animal/pet based conspiracy/supernatural based topics. Are pet related conspiracies/supernatural events lesser in nature somehow?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well no...

but if its a conspiracy based on animals it could be placed in the general conspiracy forum...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

When I think or the words, Above Top Secret, pets are not what comes to mind. What's next? A sewing and quilting forum? Yes, I have loved my pets dearly but surely there are other forums for this? Aliens, Secret Weapons, Conspiracies, Paranormal, dachshunds? Survival, Philosophy/Religion, Physics, and parakeets? What is happening to this site?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Thanks for opening my eyes to how interesting a pet forum could be. That story about the bridge is really interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wow, great post

I did a bit if reading on it, very interesting stuff! Wonder what scent could possibly override survival instinct?

If it is indeed a scent causing it, that is!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko

When I think or the words, Above Top Secret, pets are not what comes to mind. What's next? A sewing and quilting forum? Yes, I have loved my pets dearly but surely there are other forums for this? Aliens, Secret Weapons, Conspiracies, Paranormal, dachshunds? Survival, Philosophy/Religion, Physics, and parakeets? What is happening to this site?

I respectfully disagree. I think ATS has a large memberbase with an even larger breadth of conversational topics to cover. There certainly haven't been a lack of animal/pet related topics. I can see the benefit of such a forum.

As usual, great job ATS :cheer
edit on 2/3/2015 by JBurns because: pronouns

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
From what I started a few years ago, this is what I see:

Animal cruelty
Friendship
Animal rights
Acts of Bravery/Compassion
Testing in Sciences
Search & Rescue
Care of pets
Human/Animal Relationships
Origins
Medical
And yes...Conspiracy subjects as well.

Hopefully.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
First it is a conspiracy forum.
and as long as to much money does not gets involed,
it should be what the member whant!
you have had post a funny pic for a Long time?

new topics

top topics

join