It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a hole in my heart today...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That sucks man. Lost my cat years ago, still miss him. I have decided after the last dog dies, I will probably not get another pet. Sucks too much when they get sick or die. Then again, I didn't get my cat, he wandered into our yard and collapsed during a blizzard that lasted a few days. We brought him in and he just decided to stick around.
edit on Wed, 04 Feb 2015 01:42:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Thank you everyone for your kind condolences.

As I'm sure many of you know, today, it's still hard to talk about, or think about.

We used an exceptional in-home euthanasia service, the staff is super-human, dealing with people's grief several times a week.

It was sad and wonderful at the same time. After the initial sedative, he relaxed and dozed off in Mrs. Overlord's lap. Our other two pugs were with us, and it's good for pack animals like that to experience it, for their own closure.

If you are in need, look for similar services in your area, it's well worth it.

I sent this short tribute, with some pictures, for posting on their website remembrance page (his full name is "King Argus...")…

King Argus was as regal and dignified as any loving and caring royalty could be. He took the changes from New York City, to Connecticut, and Phoenix with all the style and elegance of a true benevolent monarch. He loved to eat snow as much as he loved to bask in the desert sun. Running in wide open fields was as effortless to him as swimming in a luxurious pool. When we adopted other pugs, he taught them his regal nature, as well as how to play fetch, tug-of-war, and alert the royal staff to the slightest unexpected sound. Argus will be sorely missed, he leaves a hole impossible to fill, but his kindhearted nature and personality will be long remembered by all who knew him. Farewell my King.

That is wonderful! He got to stay in his own home with family surrounding him. What a lucky boy to have had such a loving, caring family! He will reward you twenty-fold someday!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
That sucks man. Lost my cat years ago, still miss him. I have decided after the last dog dies, I will probably not get another pet. Sucks too much when they get sick or die. Then again, I didn't get my cat, he wandered into our yard and collapsed during a blizzard that lasted a few days. We brought him in and he just decided to stick around.

You may be thinking this now but you will change your mind when it happens. This happened to me when I lost my kitten to FIP. But then my vet called and said there was a tiny kitty who was abandoned in an apartment (locked in a closet!!) that really needed a home.

I told him I didn't want another pet but I agreed to come and look at him. When I held him he grabbed my earlobe and started sucking. I fell instantly in love.

He's 15 now and is the best darned cat I've ever had.
edit on 4-2-2015 by texasgirl because: paragraph errors

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just saw this and wanted to pass on my condolences SO, and I hope you and your family are handling it okay. All of us pet owners/lovers are faced with this inevitability, and as heart wrenching as this part of the experience is, the love, joy, companionship, humor and memories provide so much strength and happiness to our lives.

I have my first dog now and every time I think about the day, I swell up with tears and have to remind myself not to worry about that right now and just cherish our time together.

Reading through many dog loss poems(talk about boohooing), my heart swells with gratitude for our companions and this little poem struck a chord. Sorry for your loss and may you guys find and maintain some peace.
RIP Argus

edit on 5-2-2015 by speculativeoptimist because: spacing

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I am so sorry, he looks like some one I would have liked to get to know.
Did you save something with his scent?
I have done that and it was a huge comfort. So don't wash his blanky.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

SO, I'm so sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful dog. Pets are family members.

My hubby loves pugs. I'll have to show him this picture.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hay Night Star,
You always make me Laugh, Cry or Think

Thanks, your " Unibutterkitty" was awesome.
WIS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join