It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a hole in my heart today...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of the loss SO.

Glad you shared it here as you know many of us have shared in the past and can relate to this.

Thank you for the forum as well!

Jude11

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Sorry you had to launch the pet forum on such a sad note,
but I love the icon for the forum, and now I love it even more.

A very fitting tribute to Argus,
and pugs everywhere!

Thank you for creating a pet forum,
I know many members have been wanting and asking for years.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I love animals more than I like people.
I don't own dogs but have a few that I consider friends.

Sorry for the loss SO....nobody likes losing a buddy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My condolences SO.
Some pets are harder to take losing than people.
Be glad for the time you shared, it's all we get.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The pets forum is a lovely memorial to your beautiful dear Argus. May he rest in peace and smile down on the lovely pet posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sorry Bill about your bud, I wouldn't be able to type for a month.

We all love our pets.
Thanks for the forum.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For those weren't around ATS back in the day... here's Argus as the guardian and protector icon of RATS.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So sorry to hear about Argus, it really is a wrench when they have to leave us. I lost my two 5 and 3 years ago, still miss them every day. Thinking of you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Please let me add my condolences to the "heap." It's a deep, hard hurt that all we animal lovers know. Somehow, love for a beastie is a purer love than a human-to-human love, and I am so sorry for your loss.

May Argus find his warm, sunny spot in Heaven for now, and be waiting to greet you when you arrive, someday.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss SO. This forum is a fitting tribute and I'm sure it will bring a lot of pleasure to us all.

Rest in peace Argus.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sorry Skeptic... Sad day man.

I hope you find yourself another companion; they'll never fill the void - but they'll show you a new light...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i had to have my 15 year old springer spaniel put to sleep on the 20th Jan, even though it was the right thing to do, i didn't expect the jarring pain of conflict, and the subsequent heartpains of the loss... took me a bit to open this thread cos i damn well knew it would make me cry, i wasn't wrong.

feel for you and your family believe me... if you can ignore the stupid music as it opens, you might wanna add your dog to the candle list, surprisingly it helps
www.petloss.com...

tell yours mine's friendly and loves playing

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about Argus!! I'm sure he knew how much you loved him and will be there waiting for you, patiently, until your time comes, too. (But in the meantime he is running happily with all the other 'bridge buddies')

I lost my Josie girl kitty June 29th and not a day goes by without thinking of her and missing her!

And thank you for the new pet forum. We and all our pets appreciate it!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your kind condolences.

As I'm sure many of you know, today, it's still hard to talk about, or think about.

We used an exceptional in-home euthanasia service, the staff is super-human, dealing with people's grief several times a week.

It was sad and wonderful at the same time. After the initial sedative, he relaxed and dozed off in Mrs. Overlord's lap. Our other two pugs were with us, and it's good for pack animals like that to experience it, for their own closure.

If you are in need, look for similar services in your area, it's well worth it.

I sent this short tribute, with some pictures, for posting on their website remembrance page (his full name is "King Argus...")…

King Argus was as regal and dignified as any loving and caring royalty could be. He took the changes from New York City, to Connecticut, and Phoenix with all the style and elegance of a true benevolent monarch. He loved to eat snow as much as he loved to bask in the desert sun. Running in wide open fields was as effortless to him as swimming in a luxurious pool. When we adopted other pugs, he taught them his regal nature, as well as how to play fetch, tug-of-war, and alert the royal staff to the slightest unexpected sound. Argus will be sorely missed, he leaves a hole impossible to fill, but his kindhearted nature and personality will be long remembered by all who knew him. Farewell my King.

edit on 3-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Wild guess...

Flame point Siamese?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They'd have to be superhuman to do a job like that. I know that it would tear me up because I love animals so much. At least he got a good send off. Do the other dogs understand what happened since they were there or do they go room to room searching for him? I know the whole thing has to be just as hard for them as it is for the two legged members of the family.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It does indeed leave a hole in your heart.
Our vet offered the in-home service and it was indeed a comfort to us. The tears were flowing from his eyes as well as from ours. He had known our cat as long as we had.
Thanks for the pet forum, it is indeed an honorable tribute to your guy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”
The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

This is lovely - Is it a personal story or one you read somewhere?

edit on 3-2-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Awe I'm so sorry for your loss.

What a cutie! Pugs are one of my favs

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My belated condolences on your loss. I pray you recover quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join