It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mile wide face on Mars East of Cydonia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: polarboarder1

And yet, a completely natural formation can look like something unusual or significant, due to pareidolia.

the evidence sceptics have provided here does not prove that this is not a face

Erm, sceptics don't have to prove anything. Those who suggest that those formations have been created or shaped artificially have to prove that.

I simply provided better-resolution images, and from them alone it's fairly clear that it looks nothing like a head.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Only proof I need to know that there is something on Mars is the fact that with today's tech we are not allowed to see streaming video from curiosity rover! Think about it how hard would it be to have a nasa tv station with daily streaming video from Mars rover? Taxpayers are paying for it how come we only get to see pics nasa releases if their is nothing to hide?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope It looks like LBJ with those big ears.Lyndon had a ponytail when he passed away just as the Vietnam war was ending.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Very interesting... To say the least.

I do note though - I see two faces here...

The one in question, and another one at the bottom-left of the last image in the OP - directly above the '10037 ft' ruler size label... The second has slightly different features - but looks a lot like a face to me too...

If either of these were artificially created; well... Who knows what to think... Aliens or the start of humanity a trizzillion years ago.

Makes me think we should build a couple-mile wide face somewhere on Earth where it won't be deteriorated for another trizzillion years. Maybe our descendants on the next planet we jump to will note such and could learn from it... We should be leaving behind signs for our descendants; like our ancestors may or may not have done...

- Cool Stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805
a reply to: iDope

Very interesting... To say the least.

I do note though - I see two faces here...

The one in question, and another one at the bottom-left of the last image in the OP - directly above the '10037 ft' ruler size label... The second has slightly different features - but looks a lot like a face to me too...

If either of these were artificially created; well... Who knows what to think... Aliens or the start of humanity a trizzillion years ago.

Makes me think we should build a couple-mile wide face somewhere on Earth where it won't be deteriorated for another trizzillion years. Maybe our descendants on the next planet we jump to will note such and could learn from it... We should be leaving behind signs for our descendants; like our ancestors may or may not have done...

- Cool Stuff.

Also notice how the faces are facing the same direction and line up near perfectly, like, the angle in which they are looking.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag
a reply to: iDope It looks like LBJ with those big ears.Lyndon had a ponytail when he passed away just as the Vietnam war was ending.

The story about Eisenhower's February 1954 trip to Palm Springs for a winter holiday, and his subsequent late Saturday night disappearance, has fueled rumors that Eisenhower traveled to nearby Edwards Air Force Base to meet with aliens. One of the best recounting of this rumor was done by William Moore a prominent California researcher who traveled to the Eisenhower Library to do research and actually interviewed the wife of one of the key witnesses to the story.

www.presidentialufo.com...

Could be an Eisenhower rendition since we like to carve presidents into remote mountains.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
computer graphics .
please dont tell me you honestly believe two little robots flew to Mars and have been cruising the planet for several years sending photos . probably paper mâché and desert rock photos combined with computer graphics .

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." John F Kennedy

paper mâché
edit on 3-2-2015 by GEZUCHKRiCT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2015 by GEZUCHKRiCT because: unintended repeat of post

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
Here is a close up of the face. The reason I posted the 2nd pic was because I had the Ruler at exacly a mile to show that the face was almost exactly a mile in width.

In the background I see a headless torso with martian boobies.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2015 by GEZUCHKRiCT because: unintended repeat of post .

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

Anymore off topic posts in this thread with result in post bannings.

The topic of this thread is:

"Mile wide face on Mars East of Cydonia"

Remain on topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: polarboarder1
Even if this is made from a sinkhole crater or depression the evidence sceptics have provided here does not prove that this is not a face intentionally designed by someone to be seen from high above...

I'm skeptical that it was "designed" by any sort of intelligence. I personally think it looks like a natural formation. But of course I could be wrong since without actually going there to study it, I can only be about 99.99% sure that it is natural.

However, if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd like to hear it. Like I said, I'm skeptical, but if you have some information that this is NOT a natural formation, and WAS really designed and built by intelligent beings, then maybe I can be swayed into believing that it is an intentionally made relief sculpture.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
BAM! And we're in the Skunk Works forum. Although I regard this thread as a valid "Space Exploration" topic, since in involves real martian topography and orbital images, some replies here make it no big surprise that it got moved.

To reiterate, people can see many familiar things or patterns in totally natural formations. It's up to the "claimers" (as I decided to call them for simplicity) to provide any evidence that anything on other planets or moons is artificial.

I provided some very good higher-resolution images of the "head", and the OP has yet to coment on them.

~~~

For the reference, in case anyone's wondering, here's the default low-rez imagery of the "head", taken by Mars Express orbiter in 2005, at 25 m/pixel: link.
Two more image strips from the same orbiter: #1 (12.5 m/pixel), #2 (25 m/pixel).

It would be great if they photographed that area with MRO's HiRISE camera, just like they did with the famous "face on Mars".
edit on 4-2-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I do appreciate those HiRes Images you provided, they give much more insight to this picture. NASA really likes to get pictures of every single crater at Hi Res from multiple angles, That is impressive. Just as Impressive how they fake they moon landing. The only reason I created this post was because this face looks more like a face than the original and more famous face seen. And yet there is not even an eye or mouth. Thus, I dont think it could be Pareidolia, but maybe Apophenia (a pattern in random data). A child will not smile to a side profile of a face, only when looking straight on, thus being we look for frontal features of a face, not like what is shown in OP picture.

Also, I thought it should be shown for the reason of the other images shown very near by that make it correlate to being significant.

It's not like I was pointing out something that looks like a refridgerator or an ironing board. The fact that anyone would look at this picture and see a face or crashed disc of some sort seemed like a relevant topic. People tell me to look at the man in the moon, and what do I see? Nothing.

Do you want to next describe the Nazca lines as being created by Earth's vibrations and shown through the sand by act of Cymatics?

I never claimed that these were created by ET's I just claimed that it was a face. There are not many craters that show an outline such as that, in fact I have never seen another one. So forgive me for not checking another agencies higher resolution images that have been overtly doctored countless times, and rely on that single image.

And noone I have shown it to does not see a face. I don't even prime their subconcious to see a face. I don't say "Hey, Look at this face on Mars!" If I would show it to anyone they would see it, unless they have never seen a man or a bald one at that.

So, on that note, every news story on this site sourced by any main stream media is false, unless it can be sourced by somones HiRes image and they were there in person and wrote their own unbiased report not associated with any media outlet. Any video proclaiming a truth about any scientific subject must be supported by inconclusive findings only supported by government agencies (since their sources have always been right).

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That black and white different angle short looks edited to remove the face features.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join