It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Magic / Magic powers real??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I agree. Certain cognitive enhancers, called nootropics, increase blood flow to both hemispheres. We are able to utilize our entire brain, this is true. We don't use all parts, at all times. For instance, when we think of a memory, certain areas light up on a functional MRI. When you breath, another part is used.

This can be evidenced by the severe loss of function when only minor damage is seen by any part of the brain.

But, as you said, new neural connections (those gained by learning for ex) certainly will improve function
Just as brain teasers help improve processing and recall. As far as science currently understands!

JB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I believe so. We only use about 10% of our brains, correct? Those other parts must be for something....

No, we do use every percentage of power of our brain. We just don't use it 100% of it otherwise you would have an stroke.

On OP. Magic is not real unfortunaly. You cannot play with the laws of reality in your favor. The magic we have now is computers, tablets and cars. People couldn't even imagine stuff like this 200 years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut ( not ) your opinion is as valid as mine, Problem is you had no opinion just an attack. In that case STHU and get lost. a reply to: LilFox

I didn't attack anyone. Look at the title. Look at the forum you are on. You're here spoiling for a fight and you are not going to get one. You will get reported if you start trouble though. Go harass someone else kid.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox
You can disagree, it won't cause me any arms

In your reflexion, you most consider that Uranium exist naturally, power line use physical property of the mater and many pesticides comme from natural sources (bacillus turigiensis). May be your think that they arming the nature. You aren't wrong, we use them to much. But, all the mecanism they used follow the rules of this world's (we know). By understanding it you can do marvelous things (or really bad thing) that could challenge your imagination. Magic of today is science of tomorrow.

And, hey, if magic exist, magical miss use exist to! "Today a magical miasma destroyed a hydroelectric barrage. They magical engineer said that must come from the magic lubricant they used for the turbines. More after the advertising! "
(They use an hypnotic pub to make you buy a McDonald's sandwich)

PS: Don't mix magic and unexplained. Unexplained means without explanation, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Nevertheless

Whether you agree or disagree on the validity of "magic," its an established fact that there are those who practice it.

That has little do with your topic on whether Magic / Magical powers are real.

Even if there are people who practice the power of moving Saturn out of its orbit, it doesn't make that power real, obviously.

Just as some disbelieve in the Christian god, it doesn't detract from the validity that people who pray are practitioners of that specific religion or practice.

Correct. But it still doesn't make God or God's powers real.

You can't simply say "no we don't" when the evidence of this practice has been around for millennia.

You should differentiate "Magician" and "Magic" / "Magic Powers".

As to the efficacy of magic? Couldn't tell you. But the validity? Just as much as a belief or subscription to any religion and its rituals.

False. Unlike religion, it's actually completely possible to falsify any claims of "Magic". But that hardly makes the former any more valid either.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spationaute

Does magic not exist naturally?

Enriched uranium, power lines and most pesticides do not exist naturally. They are products which are derived from naturally and non naturally occurring materials. There is a big difference there. Enriched uranium and glyphosphate do not exist in nature. Magic, does.

There are many things in science which we do not understand. For example, we do not know for certain how quantum entanglement works. People just create a list of theories which appear to explain a phenomenon. That remains until dis proven. Some people think that directional information is contained within the particles, others think they communicate.. at a speed 10000 times the speed of light.

The difference between magic and science is the paradigm. I am not "mixing them". You claimed science is about "working with nature", when it is not. It is about harnessing nature and using to our benefit. Rocket engines are not "working with nature", they are about overcoming gravity and releasing energy from hydrocarbons. Can you really claim nuclear power is "working with nature"?
Magic, is about being part of what already exists, rather than trying to twist it to your will.
It is like two people swimming, one going with the current rather than swimming against it. Both move, one is harnessing nature, the other is going against it. I am not saying one is better than the other, just stating facts. Does that not make sense to you?
edit on 5/2/2015 by LilFox because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
O.P~

Q: Is magic real?

A: “Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering it's a feather bed.”

― T. McKenna

I agree. Science doesn't have the answer to questions of spirit.

edit on 5-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Well below is a link to a modern day Arcane School.

Link

Description reads like a school of magic to me.......and this one has real tangible connections to TPTB.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think I doesn't have the same point of view. I will just suggest one thing, while your learning about your magic, keep studies the physics of this world. You may link thing together and give us great gifts. That would be nice

Your right rukia, science have not the answer about spirituality. It being part from a whole called philosophy. Isn't this strange that so much people forget that?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spationaute

Yeah, it certainly is. ^_^

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Short term memory problems? You gave no opinion, just said for me not to give one. And to shut up. My reply was give an opinion or shut up yourself with the attacks. I said a reply to: LilFox

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That depends entirely on your worldview.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Depends on what kind of magic you are referring to. Most magic of the past was just misunderstood science. Though pagan religions practice spellcraft which is basically just blessings and curses. I can't speak to the validity of these spells though, but as a skeptic I am a bit skeptical about them.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hey that was a movie , neo aint # and majic there probably is.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

All magick in essence is an evocation of the divine imagination. Rituals are for those who have not walked through that door.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wholeness,
Something massive is going on with this group, they are talking about activating dormant abilities utilizing ancient and advanced methods. Let me know what you think, the site has an immense level of resources alone. Here's the link:
REALM DYNAMICS

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: gottaknow
As far as anything I've read or seen, none of it is real and is usually based on people's incredible desire to believe in such things or, in the case of those who claim to have it, frequently charlatan in nature and sometimes quite mad.

We live in a very biological, scientifically understandable world where amazing things happen everywhere if you consider the natural life cycles of many animals, things like chrysalis, weather phenomenon, so much really. And that's about as close to "magic" as anything really is.

Then I offer a challenge. I can take you to a valley and show you things and experiences that will change your attitudes and view of reality forever.

Interested?

No takers? Why am I not surprised? Big talk from the skeptics but no guts; so comfortable in their ignorance!
edit on 22-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

In answer to your title, No. All we have today are sleight-of-hand "illusions," and people venturing into the dangerous territory of spells and Black Magic. (Which basically uses the souls of the trapped dead to do their dirty deeds. And those angry souls will be stuck to you the rest of your life.)

Magic of the "olde days" was really ET "science". Taking an evil person and rearranging the molecules into a lower animal, making flowers bloom in the middle of winter, able to walk thru walls into other dimensions - these are still things the ETs can do, but we can't.

And most of the "olde books" of scientific-magic have been destroyed by the ancient-wise who knew the harm they could do in the wrong hands. But our science is rapidly moving in the direction of scientific-magic and discovering other dimensions, probably thru CERN. So the next few years should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Howdy I'm Azmolial. Sorcerer/Shaman/Magick Man by trade and hobby.

So here is the faq. Is it real? Yes. Can one do something cool like shoot a thunder bolt? No. Is that within the realm of possibility? All things are, but odds are better in favor of winning the lottery. Are faye, demons, gods, angels, all that real? Yes probability of thereof, see previous question. Could someone "hex" you? Sure, getting your hair to fall out because of that or turn into a toad, see previous probability. So what all is achievable? Well many things like levation and divination, but for the big and cool stuff it takes a whole lot of time, people and resources...best I heard it took 9 months with about 10 people to get ectoplasum to appear all over the place.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I always wonder why so many atheist or other religious folk discount and condemn Magick.

I will brake it down and I have never read a book or something false.

Magick is the manipulation of energy via ripping or raising. So in essence you need a material (Chi, Mana, Energy... you get the jist) Energy is indifferent. It basically doesn't care what you program and do with it.

There is a difference between Evoke and Invoke. Basically energy attachment.

Karma? Well if you don't know how to get around that don't do the crime.

Thoughtforms, auric cords, psychic vampires, entities, and so much more is real.
edit on 24-3-2015 by smokycitrine because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2015 by smokycitrine because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join