It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society and denial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
People sometimes never believe anything new to them. Even if it is fact with evidence to prove it.They generally believe what they already have been told by the masses or what enforces their current concept of things. This has been common throughout history. The sun revolved around the earth. The earth was flat ect... It is not always the trained in the field that see the light, as they are blinded by their training, with shadows of the past. Not yet ready to embrace something new.

I know that there was a man who developed a way to shoot down enemy panes in one of the early wars. He was ignored and denied access to people that could help for years. As it was not his field of expertise. He kept trying. Later the military listened and he was responsible for helping target enemy planes. I can't remember the name of the man or find the article.

I know i have done this many times in my employment years. The fight made me an outcast. But determination payed off on the Idea coming to reality. ( of course no credit given )

I know there are many other instances.

Please list articles of Invention, ways to solve a problem, science, medicine ect.. and continue the thread if you know of any examples.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You have your xenophobes who are threatened by anything that threatens what they "know" or "believe." They are very common.
Then you have your xenophiles who are willing to try new things to find out if it works better. They seem to be more rare.
It's always been that way. The balance between the two shifts to varying degrees.
Do you want the red pill or the blue pill.
I say take three of each and chase it down with a shot whiskey.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Try my medicine i just stay shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh most of the time because my theory is.
If you did not or have not or will not figure it out on your own you may not be ready for the information yet.
And then if you figure it out shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are not ready yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

They all want to be trend setters.

I cannot stand out this new age weird style likes to wear tight jeans! Just one generation before them, it was popular to wear baggy jeans. How could one generation go from baggy jeans to tight jeans in the next generation?

Our generation had hip hop. Then these tight jeans people literally took hip hop for themselves, and now hip hop in truth is dead.

Just like how the Gentiles 'took' Christianity from the Jews.

To think that new age women love these tight jeans. New age women only love their cellphones. That is the new females trend that people are still too scared to confront - WOMEN NOW HATE MAN AND LOVE THEIR CELLPHONES. THEY HAVE TRADED CREATION OF LOVE TO TECHNOLOGY. Bering that technology allows them to manipulate more men. It is so rotten and pathetic that I do not want to be a part of these wicked generation at all.

new topics

top topics

join