It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells GOP don't fight Amnesty illegals or I'll stop Homeland Security Paychecks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Dictator Obama is now threatening to stop the paycheck of thousands if the GOP doesn't bend to his will.

President Barack Obama claimed on Monday that without a comprehensive budget covering the Department of Homeland Security, more than 130,000 mission-critical employees will be forced to work without pay by the end of the month.

They include 40,000 employed by Customs and Border Protection, 50,000 Transportation Security Administration screeners, 13,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and 40,000 Coast Guard personnel.

Pay would be restored at the end of any withholding period.

'I know how vital you are, and I want to make sure more Americans know how vital you are,' Obama told an auditorium full of DHS employees Monday the department's headquarters, as the White House rolled out his $4 trillion budget request for 2016.

In addition, it's likely that 4,000 people who work for the Secret Service will see paychecks on hold if Obama doesn't strike a deal with Republicans in Congress.

Even the Secret Service! Is this guy a complete moron!?! You do NOT tell the guy willing to take a bullet for you, this month you don't get paid. "Oh I don't? You see that bullet coming? This time I don't jump in time." I'm sorry not only do I make sure he is paid, I make sure he is paid ENOUGH!

'I want to make sure you have what you need to keep getting the job done,' he said.

How about make sure that have what they need to pay their rent and put food in their kids mouths! I bet you have enough to eat and have a roof over your head! And I bet you're getting paid as well. And yes, I'd be this ticked if it was the GOP playing this game of no pay too.

Homeland workers will stay on the job, even without pay.

This isn’t how this immigration fight was supposed to unfold. When House Republican leaders decided to put DHS on a short funding leash in December, they were betting that even their unpredictable and restless rank and file would blink when it came to national security. With emboldened majorities on Capitol Hill, Republicans planned to put up a fight to gut President Barack Obama’s executive actions, but many of them vowed they would not allow the department’s funding to lapse at the end of February. The House has passed its bill, with language aimed at gutting Obama’s policies — language that won’t make it into the Senate’s version.

Even as the Senate gears up to pass its bill, the path forward seems very murky.

Senior sources in House Republican leadership are now saying they will not bring up a so-called “clean” DHS funding bill. They hope the Senate can insert some language to change part of Obama’s executive actions on immigration and are privately warning that a “clean bill will not fly in the House,” as one senior leadership aide put it. Several GOP aides said they were hoping the White House intervenes soon and accepts some changes to Obama’s immigration actions to avoid a showdown.

Now, to quiet concerns from some corners that Republicans aren’t doing enough to challenge the White House, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is beginning to talk about suing the Obama administration over the president’s executive actions on immigration.

What a stinking mess! Just get rid of the whole lot of them and start all stinking over! All of them. GONE! If you been in office more than 6 months you're out of here!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I'd really like to see this stand-off LOL. Illegals get turfed out and the DHS disbands due to lack of funding. Wait a sec, isn't that how it's supposed to be????

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
From OP article

Republicans agreed in December to fund most of the government through September 2015, but put Homeland Security on a shorter leash in order to keep their leverage as Obama threatened to implement sweeping changes to America's immigration enforcement policy.

'I guess that's literally that's true,' the president said. 'It may not be the end of the world. But until they pass a funding bill, it is the end of a paycheck for tens of thousands of front-line workers who will continue to have to work without getting paid.'

'What do you mean, "It's not the end of the world"?' Obama said on Jan. 29. 'That’s all you’ve been talking about. And now, suddenly, because you want to make a political point, you think that we can afford to have the Department of Homeland Security not functioning – because of political games in Washington?'

The GOP congressman who said it wouldn't be 'the end of the world,' Florida's Mario Diaz-Balart, was referring to the fact that critical functions wouldn't stop.

Sounds like both sides have a hand in this...

edit on 2-2-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It stinks of that North American Security perimeter deal of the 3 Amigos, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The budget for 2015 started October 1, 2014.

The money for government programs and projects and all departments (Oct. 1, 2014 to Sept. 30, 2015) has already been approved and allocated.

This is a lie that people eat up.

But "oh well", lets panic and make wee in our pants over it, Mr. President.
(roll eyes)

Edit; just read above post, maybe I'm wrong.
edit on 2-2-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

DHS’s funding runs out in less than four weeks, and could be stopped entirely if Obama continues to pursue his plan to give residence and work permits to 5 million or more illegal immigrants.

'I will not accept a budget that severs the vital links between our national security and our economic security,' Obama said.

'Those two things go hand in hand,' he insisted.

So he sees no threat in his illegal immigration policies?

The Obama Administration

is Desperate !!!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
From OP article

Republicans agreed in December to fund most of the government through September 2015, but put Homeland Security on a shorter leash in order to keep their leverage as Obama threatened to implement sweeping changes to America's immigration enforcement policy.

Sounds like both sides have a hand in this...

I agree. They do. It's such a mess you don't know where the dirt starts and the mud ends. I'm at a point where I'm so ranking ticked I want to turn my internet off just to lower my blood pressure. Thank goodness I don't have TV right now. I'm a news junkie. You think I'm ticked now? Lordie, I'd have a news channel on 24/7 and be yelling at the TV! I can only imagine my neighbors yelling at me to keep it down, just because of how ranked I am over this mess! Bad enough you mess with the laws, but when you mess with their pay, I severely get riled.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Dictator Obama is now threatening to stop the paycheck of thousands if the GOP doesn't bend to his will.

President Barack Obama claimed on Monday that without a comprehensive budget covering the Department of Homeland Security, more than 130,000 mission-critical employees will be forced to work without pay by the end of the month.

They include 40,000 employed by Customs and Border Protection, 50,000 Transportation Security Administration screeners, 13,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and 40,000 Coast Guard personnel.

Pay would be restored at the end of any withholding period.

'I know how vital you are, and I want to make sure more Americans know how vital you are,' Obama told an auditorium full of DHS employees Monday the department's headquarters, as the White House rolled out his $4 trillion budget request for 2016.

In addition, it's likely that 4,000 people who work for the Secret Service will see paychecks on hold if Obama doesn't strike a deal with Republicans in Congress.

Even the Secret Service! Is this guy a complete moron!?! You do NOT tell the guy willing to take a bullet for you, this month you don't get paid. "Oh I don't? You see that bullet coming? This time I don't jump in time." I'm sorry not only do I make sure he is paid, I make sure he is paid ENOUGH!

'I want to make sure you have what you need to keep getting the job done,' he said.

How about make sure that have what they need to pay their rent and put food in their kids mouths! I bet you have enough to eat and have a roof over your head! And I bet you're getting paid as well. And yes, I'd be this ticked if it was the GOP playing this game of no pay too.

Homeland workers will stay on the job, even without pay.

This isn’t how this immigration fight was supposed to unfold. When House Republican leaders decided to put DHS on a short funding leash in December, they were betting that even their unpredictable and restless rank and file would blink when it came to national security. With emboldened majorities on Capitol Hill, Republicans planned to put up a fight to gut President Barack Obama’s executive actions, but many of them vowed they would not allow the department’s funding to lapse at the end of February. The House has passed its bill, with language aimed at gutting Obama’s policies — language that won’t make it into the Senate’s version.

Even as the Senate gears up to pass its bill, the path forward seems very murky.

Senior sources in House Republican leadership are now saying they will not bring up a so-called “clean” DHS funding bill. They hope the Senate can insert some language to change part of Obama’s executive actions on immigration and are privately warning that a “clean bill will not fly in the House,” as one senior leadership aide put it. Several GOP aides said they were hoping the White House intervenes soon and accepts some changes to Obama’s immigration actions to avoid a showdown.

Now, to quiet concerns from some corners that Republicans aren’t doing enough to challenge the White House, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is beginning to talk about suing the Obama administration over the president’s executive actions on immigration.

What a stinking mess! Just get rid of the whole lot of them and start all stinking over! All of them. GONE! If you been in office more than 6 months you're out of here!

Cut the Coast Guard????

Ok, has the man gone totally insane?

Sure, cut Homeland Security, and then allow the states their right to have a well-armed militia.

He better make sure he informs Canada of this, they aren't going to like it when 12,000,000 illegals cross their borders. Sorry Canada, you have them all, Obama doesn't want us to stop them. And then, cut it and how many people are going to be crossing from Canada?

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....and here I was only asking for the CIA to be disbanded. He wants the whole shebang to crash and burn.

Canada, my apologies, but your media told you to love him too, welcome to the domino effect.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Obama is using Chicago Progressive political gang tactics.

They go mostly unchallenged in Chicago, that's why they get nervous when confronted on larger scales.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Obama tells GOP don't fight Amnesty illegals or I'll stop Homeland Security Paychecks

GOP holds security hostage to immigration

So which is it? If they don't get funded it's exactly what the voters wanted, isn't it? 'Power of the purse' and whatnot.

The president doesn't sign the paychecks, congress does.
edit on 2-2-2015 by links234 because: Little extra.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama won't pay American government employees (by approving the budget) if we don't give amnesty to millions of illegals.

Thanks.
edit on 2-2-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

GOP holds security hostage to immigration

So which is it? If they don't get funded it's exactly what the voters wanted, isn't it? 'Power of the purse' and whatnot.

The president doesn't sign the paychecks, congress does.

I know this, you know this. Congress knows this, but the Great Almighty Dictator has yet to realize this. You pen, phone, all that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
He also said he would bankrupt the coal industry.

That didn't work out so well, Joe Manchin had to publicly apologize to West Virginians.

Coal industry does more than just keep the lights on.

There's gonna' be a heartache tonight, as the old song says.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It would be nice if our president was as passionate about our own people as he is about the people coming to our country illegally. Makes me wonder who he really wants to help.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So it's a matter of how you want to view the argument. You can either believe the president is at fault for threatening to veto the rider or you can blame congress for even adding the rider.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer! I've been thinking of you and wondering if you were still on ATS. Good to see you around.

I've no doubt that the 3 Amigos thing is still on the menu. It involves the dissolution of the borders.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

So it's a matter of how you want to view the argument. You can either believe the president is at fault for threatening to veto the rider or you can blame congress for even adding the rider.

Or you can blame them both for not finding a way for working out a compromise.

It REALLY is not that hard to act like grown adults and get along. BUT apparently it is if you're a politician.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The DHS is not critically needed in the size and shape its configured anyway.....
Cut their funds and get rid of the groping overweight travel inspectors....
Inspection of passengers is infringement on the bill of rights anyways....
Just keep a few to grope the furigners....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The DHS is not critically needed in the size and shape its configured anyway.....

I absolutely agree with this.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Cut their funds and get rid of the groping overweight travel inspectors....
Inspection of passengers is infringement on the bill of rights anyways....
Just keep a few to grope the furigners....

Cutting funding is one thing. Telling thousands to go to work anyway but we're not going to pay is a WHOLE 'nother ball game. And Obama is including the Secret Service in that "We're not paying you" group. Seriously stupid to not pay your bodyguards, wouldn't you think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join