It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“There's a UFO outside...”: Steady-Handed Scotsman Captures UFO Over Loch Lomond

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Have I missed something? I've never watched a planet move that much. The camera is moving slightly but it's position moves a lot in the space of 50 seconds.... Venus?
Yes you missed something. The zoom. Look at the very beginning when it's zoomed out how far away those trees really are. I was fooled by the zoom at first too, but if he filmed the whole thing zoomed out as in the beginning, it would be much more obvious that it's a planet setting as the Earth rotates.

a reply to: elevenaugust
Nice analysis. I agree it's most likely a planet, probably Venus.

Regardless of zoom a tree's size in relation to the "thing" remains the same. It moved passed/behind trees within 40 seconds. A planet doesn't move that much in 40 seconds.

I understand that the zoom only shows a small portion of the wider landscape but it doesn't remove the size of the tree in relation to the "thing" it moved a lot more than a planet should in a matter of seconds.

YOU have obviously never tried to take even still images of the planets or Moon even at modest focal lengths.

It's clear to see YOU don't understand ANGULAR movement and the effect due to the objects distance!!!

Hey hey hey..wait. Aren't we all here to learn?

I hate when people but themselves on a pedestal above others. No... "I" haven't ever done what you've just done.

I'll consider myself more intelligent now. But it's not my chosen form of learning. Being belittled.

Cheers for your obnoxious advice.

Well if you don't have the experience don't say things can't happen or wont happen!!!

PS NO charge of the obnoxious advice.
edit on 7-2-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Have I missed something? I've never watched a planet move that much. The camera is moving slightly but it's position moves a lot in the space of 50 seconds.... Venus?
Yes you missed something. The zoom. Look at the very beginning when it's zoomed out how far away those trees really are. I was fooled by the zoom at first too, but if he filmed the whole thing zoomed out as in the beginning, it would be much more obvious that it's a planet setting as the Earth rotates.

Regardless of zoom a tree's size in relation to the "thing" remains the same. It moved passed/behind trees within 40 seconds. A planet doesn't move that much in 40 seconds.

I understand that the zoom only shows a small portion of the wider landscape but it doesn't remove the size of the tree in relation to the "thing" it moved a lot more than a planet should in a matter of seconds.

YOU have obviously never tried to take even still images of the planets or Moon even at modest focal lengths.

It's clear to see YOU don't understand ANGULAR movement and the effect due to the objects distance!!!

I hate when people but themselves on a pedestal above others. No... "I" haven't ever done what you've just done.

I'll consider myself more intelligent now. But it's not my chosen form of learning. Being belittled.

Well if you don't have the experience don't say things can't happen or wont happen!!!

Well, as long as you feel like the bigger person - I'll let you have it. Go grow up, you're insufferable.

Not replying anymore - trying to stay on topic.

TOPIC - Not 100% convinced it's Venus - But i get it now i guess.
edit on 7-2-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014 And you guys wonder why we mock you.

who are 'we' and who are 'you guys'?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
I can't believe it took til page 2 for someone to point out that this is clearly Venus.

a reply to: charlyv

i can't believe anyone believes the guy who filmed this would find venus so unusual as to film it on this particular night, having presumably seen it every night when he closes the curtains.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942 Where the heck is Phage? .

who cares?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

i can't believe anyone believes the guy who filmed this would find venus so unusual as to film it on this particular night, having presumably seen it every night when he closes the curtains.

Thing is, we don't know anything about this guy. Maybe he just never noticed it before. Maybe he just moved there. Maybe its a new camera. Maybe he knew exactly what he was filming. The only thing we do know is that what he filmed matches with Venus. Anything else is just rationalization.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I am an amateur astronomer, space enthusiast, and yes, I have seen UFOs on three occasions in my life of 50 years.

This video is nothing other than Venus, which is very bright in the Scottish sky at the moment. The movement is simply the slow and natural movement of the Earth rotating and Venus dips down eventually beneath the horizon, each and every day for the next week or two.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Why don't people firstly assess the most likely reasons for something before assuming something amazing? Has society become so dumbed-down and so screwed up that we can no longer think straight?

edit on 7-2-2015 by FrankPoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2015 by FrankPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

It's even more fascinating that despite our Math and technology which can prove that this video is showing Venus in Scotland, that most people here think it's aliens.

So whilst we have more tech and knowledge, we remain as ignorant and superstitious as humans from a few thousand years ago. Incredible.

Yes, I've seen UFOs, but this is without any doubt Venus.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Airline pilots have misidentified Venus before, and even the moon! They radio up saying they were being chased by an unknown object.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well, as long as you feel like the bigger person - I'll let you have it. Go grow up, you're insufferable.

Not replying anymore - trying to stay on topic.

TOPIC - Not 100% convinced it's Venus - But i get it now i guess.

It's not about being the bigger person lets look at what you said.

I can't believe it's Venus. Go to 7:40 and watch - Venus wouldn't appear to move so much in less than a minute.

If you have never watched a planet or the Moon in binoculars, small telescope or a camera with a decent zoom lens then why not say something like " If it is Venus can someone explain the apparent rapid motion" rather than it can't be Venus,I've never watched a planet move that much & Regardless of zoom etc.

The thing is on this site many members don't like ufo claims being shot down in flames and even when they have no experience of watching or using equipment like in the video they cling to the hope it's real, I joined here in the hope of seeing something REAL if I do I will back it 100% it but if if I smell BS I will say so.

There are many on here (not a dig at you ) that must spend their life with their eyes shut because they don't seem to understand the most basic things that happen around them, you often see zoomed in shots of the Moon on tv programs and films and you see the rapid movement due to the high level of zoom, we have hundreds of posts on the Moon hoax threads were people don't seem to understand how shadows follow the terrain they land on same thing happens here on Earth but they don't seem to notice or how no stars appear in Apollo pictures due to the exposure being set for the surface of the Moon lit by the same Sun as the Earth.

That video showed a MASSIVE amount of zoom that should have been a clue to start looking at the effect that would have, a few seconds searching on you tube would turn up plenty of videos to show what that does.

A quick example of the Moon at high zoom.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Come on guys, it's not Venus. It's way too bright. It's an aircraft flying towards the camera, then turning to final, and descending below the hill to land.

Probably landing at Glasgow Airport.
edit on 7-2-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

He claimed to be at Kinlochard, Scotland filming South and Southwest. Glasgow Airport is directly south from there.
edit on 7-2-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Come on guys, it's not Venus. It's way too bright. It's an aircraft flying towards the camera, then turning to final, and descending below the hill to land.

Probably landing at Glasgow Airport.

He claimed to be at Kinlochard, Scotland filming South and Southwest. Glasgow Airport is directly south from there.

WRONG first of all Venus is the third brightest object in the sky after the Sun & Moon, the opening shot of the video is wide angle if the object you claim was a plane then Venus would also be in view as it was in the direction the
youtube poster said he was filming.

Using Stellarium you can confirm Venus was in that position at that time the filming was done.

Stellarium shot

To show how bright Venus is a picture I took of Venus & the Moon.

Now for Glasgow Airport it's due south of Kinlochard

The main runway is NE/SW facing the bulk of landings come in from the NE over the Clydebank area of Glasgow (I can do 20 flight a year in and out of it) so NONE of that matches your claim of an aircraft.

Here is the opening shot from the video

Here is the same treeline from Google streetview.

It all adds up to it being Venus.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Aye, as noted above, the height above horizon, time and direction all point directly at Venus.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
For those of you who still don't think that the object filmed is Venus....please use this as a learning experience, so that you will not be so easily fooled next time.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that Tom Hall has made his video private? Some UFO-channel has it now.

Thanks to everyone for being here.

Have a good week...

edit on 11-2-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
I can't believe it took til page 2 for someone to point out that this is clearly Venus.

a reply to: charlyv

I can't believe that you can't believe that people can be so easily fooled and can think such unlikely things.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join