It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“There's a UFO outside...”: Steady-Handed Scotsman Captures UFO Over Loch Lomond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
Thanks, yes I took another look, I think you're right. It wasn't as horizontal as I thought, I guess the zooming threw me the first time through.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Take a look at the state of the human race and you will know why ETs do not seem to be dropping in at Earth. We are not worth the encounter.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Good catch. That was my thinking too when seeing it move at the rate it did.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
In all seriousness, drones are going to just muddy the water more when it comes to ufo videos.

Which is why I, and probably yourself, keep dismissing these 3 white pixel videos! What is more likely a drone with a light or craft from another world. So all "UFO"' sightings in the literal sense should be discarded....oh dear shock horror. If we want to have something with substance we need :

1. Footage shot from more than one direction, which should be entirely possible given the number of cameras out there.
2. An object with identifiable features, again given that the number of cameras has gone up a hundred fold at least ! this should be happening a lot more often.

I suspect the number of cameras and use of digital imaging as actually resulted in a reduction of clear sightings ie a disc shaped object (which we can identify as a fake) and an increase in white dots which remain, literally, unidentified by their nature. An ironic twist.

No more UFO's it's time for IFO's, we have the technology.
edit on 3/2/2015 by yorkshirelad because: last sentence

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I'm going to have to be a bit negative here and say that's definately not a Scotsman but rather an Englishman in Scotland, other than that lovely shade of blue on the video and i also love the way it twinkled above the Christmas tree.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What I really want to know...

Where the heck is Phage? This thread has his name written all over it.

I miss his sobering logic. He would set us straight lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hello To Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by to watch the video.

I certainly don't think that it's aliens, but I am not so sure that we are looking at Venus either.

The light seems to be traversing horizontally, especially between 7:20 and 10:20. Is that the way that Venus sets?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Hello To Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by to watch the video.

I certainly don't think that it's aliens, but I am not so sure that we are looking at Venus either.

The light seems to be traversing horizontally, especially between 7:20 and 10:20. Is that the way that Venus sets?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

If you have a clear view look west 268 degrees from where i'm standing (Lanarkshire) Right now. time, 18:04 BST

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's just after 10 in the morning where I am. But I gather that at dusk you must be seeing Venus from where you are Britain.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
After watching this time-lapse recording of Mars and Venus setting, I believe that what Tom Hall really has is a wonderful video of Venus setting.

If I understand correctly from browsing, Venus is conjunct Neptune, so that makes sense as far as seeing Venus alone in the sky.

The part I don't get is how it could appear that it sets so quickly. Is it because his camera was not really stationary?

Anyhow, it's been very interesting for me as I did not really understand the extent to which Venus contributes to UFO sightings.

I still think that the interplay between the couple is priceless.

I'll be standing by to learn more.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The part I don't get is how it could appear that it sets so quickly. Is it because his camera was not really stationary?

That is what threw me off too. I think its because of the trees being so much closer kind of makes an optical illusion or something. I don't really know.

Anyhow, it's been very interesting for me as I did not really understand the extent to which Venus contributes to UFO sightings.

Same. I used to think it was a lame explanation until I saw it first hand.

I still think that the interplay between the couple is priceless.

Base lining real reactions is absolutely valuable.

I'll be standing by to learn more.

Download Stellarium. Its my new favorite toy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah it's defo a drone Imo. Could range anywhere from some kid to a gamekeeper. In that area I'd say a gamekeeper. Modern day lamping. Not worth writing an article on. There is life out there, just aint in that haha

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

I'm going to have to be a bit negative here and say that's definately not a Scotsman but rather an Englishman in Scotland

I know, I agonized over that for a while. I could tell from his accent that he was likely from England, but in the end I figured he was in Scotland so for the time being he was at least an honorary Scotsman.

I hear you, I have also been more interested lately in the aspects of all of this that have to do with art; I also noticed the light-in-the-tree and the camera reallly did pick up all of those blues really nicely. I think that the video taken as a whole, the sound of the couple, the ambient noise of their home and the countryside, the weird subject matter, all come togeether to make a really special UFO video, especially this close to St. Valentine's Day.

Thanks for coming by Kantzveldt.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
When zoomed back, looks just like Venus, setting. It is dusk and certainly many have seen Venus this bright.

The movement seems slow enough to be earth rotation.
The ecliptic is at an angle, so it is setting at an angle.

The image is slightly out of focus, and to many camera's, small bright objects take on the shape of the shutter and diaphragm in the camera, and give it an angular appearance.

Feb 1 2015 position of Venus, west at dusk.

Every evening

THIS

Every time I come home when it's dusk I see a light in the sky and u know what I only wonder it is? If Jupiter or Venus, but Jupiter looks different as I make a difference in their brightness and color (Jupiter is more orange-yellow, Venus is White-Yellow and brighter than Jupiter, Mars is Pale Orange, Saturn is Dark Yellow with dimmer light but Mars is brighter than Saturn)

I have Stellarium even on my phone to see around 6 PM Venus is on the South! In Aquarius along with Mars... Jupiter is as usual on the East but rises later...

Seriously a UFO? It doesn't move like an aircraft, doesn't do any weird moves, it just gradually does its path as seen by humans - an arc on the horizon.... Venus has a small arc - it rises and doesn't go high above, then sets...

It is disappointing to call Venus a UFO, really ...

i.imgur.com...
edit on 3-2-2015 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So, I suppose he and his wee light will never meet again,
on the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Download Stellarium and you can rewind it to the exact time 1725 GMT on 1st Feb 2015 and follow Venus setting.

stellarium.org...

stellarium.org...

www.stellarium.org...

Rough geo for Kinlochard 56°11'21.1"N 4°29'35.5"W

The person that filmed it can, if clear of cloud cover, replicate it for weeks to come. Venus has fooled a lot of people!

edit on 3/2/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Gee, I'm surprised you didn't just chalk it up to 'temporal lobe effects'...

Sorry - had to be said

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

What I really want to know...

Where the heck is Phage? This thread has his name written all over it.

He has probably already seen that the correct explanation has been provided, so sees little point in adding to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm in manchester btu i often visit family in Yorkshire with much less light poluttion, and i have never seen any planet in the sky looking bright enough to be mistaken for a UFO. is there a certain atmospheric conditions you need for it to appear especially bright? is there a better time of year for this than others?
I would love to see it look like this, any tips?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just a observation, dont know if someone has mentioned it...He's a Funny sounding Scotsman..My best guess, and i'm going out on a limb here..He might just be a Englishman.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join