It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“There's a UFO outside...”: Steady-Handed Scotsman Captures UFO Over Loch Lomond

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've experienced a light in the sky almost exactly like that, and moving the same way. It was a super dark moonless night, so I couldn't make out any shape until it was within spitting distance.

Turned out it was a chopper heading in my direction at a slight angle... and I couldn't hear it until it was practically right on top of me. I have no clue what kind of chopper it was and why it couldn't be heard until it was really close. But that's what it ended up to be.

I hate to admit it, but it did have me a little freaked out for a few minutes.

The thought crossed my mind that I was finally seeing the movie "Independence Day" coming to fruition.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Looks like this could be the culprit:

Sky View Video (Scotland) holds the UK Civil Aviation Authorities, (CAA), "Permission For Aerial Work" and all of our Pilots hold the necessary “BNUC-S” pilot qualification..

(drone picture from Sky View site)
From Sky View Video :

Sky View Video can offer a variety of remote aerial imaging, photography and video services. We can provide aerial imaging for surveying, marketing, tourism, website promotion as well as aerial survey work for the industrial sector.
www.skyviewvideo.co.uk...

They state a few uses for it there:

Video
The cost of our aerial imaging services are a fraction of that of commissioning a shot from an aero-plane or helicopter would be.

Marketing & Tourism

The high resolution colour images are perfect for sales brochures, property particulars, websites and tourism promotion.

Survey & Environmental
Used by property developers, planners, surveyors, contractors and archaeologists, aerial images are perfect for recording before, during and after pictures. In support of planning applications and development projects.
source

The site even has Loch Lomond as an area it's been used in.

edit on 2/2/2015 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't know what it is but strictly speaking it is an Unidentified Flying Object of unknown origins.

So good catch in my opinion.

For everyone's information about helicopters and sound that is dependent on wind direction. I was in an Apache Unit for a couple of years with Blackhawks and OH-58s most of the time I could hear them coming from pretty far away and was even able to identify them by their sound but if the wind was blowing in their direction they could sneak up on you. The pilots even use that in their training. Cloud cover works to reflect the echo back down but in clear skies like that it wouldn't happen.

Not saying it was a helicopter I am just saying it can't be dismissed because no one hears it.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
When zoomed back, looks just like Venus, setting. It is dusk and certainly many have seen Venus this bright.

The movement seems slow enough to be earth rotation.
The ecliptic is at an angle, so it is setting at an angle.

The image is slightly out of focus, and to many camera's, small bright objects take on the shape of the shutter and diaphragm in the camera, and give it an angular appearance.

Feb 1 2015 position of Venus, west at dusk.

edit on 2-2-2015 by charlyv because: content

edit on 2-2-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Bingo! I agree with you, charlyv. I've seen it many times around dawn, and it fits the bill perfectly...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Did the inhabitants ask the Scotsman for tree fiddy?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
Bingo! I agree with you, charlyv. I've seen it many times around dawn, and it fits the bill perfectly...

At dusk or dawn, depending upon which side of the Sun it is on in it's orbit.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I can't believe it took til page 2 for someone to point out that this is clearly Venus.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hmm guess it could be but I do not see Mars at the beginning of the video above the light, plus I've never seen planets move like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm still going with drone. Or possibly chopper

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Go watch the tv series Fringe so you can understand the basics of what im talking about regarding wormholes in speculative theory, then get back to me. I did also say extremely speculative, so you might want to use a dictionary as well ,because both your comprehension and etiquette seem to be seriously lacking.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
defo a planet....movement is earth rotation due to high zoom of the camera. When zoomed out...the movement is no longer apparent in short intervals.

Star for Charlyv

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
The word "captures" has a very unfortunate ambiguity, especialy in connection with a loch.
I was expecting to see a picture of a kilted man proudly displaying what he had in his net.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I saw the same thing on Saturday about six thirty. Looking south west. A bright reddish light. It was low in the sky I just put it down to seeing Mars. I am in Manchester.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
Hmm guess it could be but I do not see Mars at the beginning of the video above the light, plus I've never seen planets move like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm still going with drone. Or possibly chopper
Me too. Probably some kind of manmade craft with lights. If we only had 30 seconds of video I wouldn't rule out Venus, but we have a lot more than that, enough to rule it out. It does look a little like a planet at the beginning, but the Earth rotates 3.75 degrees in 15 minutes which would make a planet appear to rise or set, and for the first part of the video, the movement is pretty much flat horizontal, not the rising or setting motion associated with the earth's rotation. Planets appear to move, but not in a flat horizontal direction like that.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Solid video
The point of this video is that this object is pretty much hovering around the same area for a long time. Now unless this is an army helicopter flying around, there is no reason for human aircraft to be loitering around the woods at that time of night/morning.

Video is a legit capture. S&F

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I vote for Venus

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Looks like Venus to me too.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Venus is currently visible in the south western sky after sunset, and this extremely bright planet has been mistaken for a UFO thousands of times over the past few decades. The movement exhibited in the video is due to the Earth's rotation. The observer has zoomed in to quite an extent, which makes this easier to see. If you watch the video all the way through, you will see that the motion is slow and steady in one direction (towards the lower right). The "red" colour on one side is likely to be chromatic aberration in the camera's optics.

This object is almost certainly Venus.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
case closed I would say. This is Venus...with 99 % certainty.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Oh goody. Yet another rubbish "ufo" video. I think this makes it number 245,387 ?

And you guys wonder why we mock you. I believe life exists elsewhere in the universe. No yet a single picture or video I have ever seen convinces me that said life is visiting us. And as an avid 39 year old astronomer who has and still does spend hours outside at night (finely saw Lovejoy the other night) ...i have never seen anything that changes my opinion.

I might be as desperate as you guts for first contact but I refuse to take the ridiculous leaps you do.

What a moronic comment! All too common on these threads at times and "you wonder why I mock you"..pfft..

There are abundant UFO videos that are awesome and the fact that trolls are all over these threads is so telling.

This may not be the greatest video of a so called UFO,but what are our options star?? Or? Normally the UFOs are moving at high speed cutting right angles etc,making for easier distinction.Although this isn't,it does still have some intriguing qualities, making it a potential UFO.

As your such an uber astronomer I suppose you have seen planet x as well then? Because that is as real as the nose on your face, the same as the UFO phenomenon and I am privilaged enough to witness both..go back to sleep!

edit on 3-2-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join