It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“There's a UFO outside...”: Steady-Handed Scotsman Captures UFO Over Loch Lomond

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
"UFO over Loch Lomond area, Scotland 1st Feb 2015"

Hi ATS,

Okay, this may be one of my all time favorite UFO videos from YouTube; I never expected to say that in 2015.

I have two reasons for this. One is the cameraman's (Tom Hall) steady hand and tenacity, he hangs in there and gets his video, all 15 minutes of it...

“Don’t be put off by this film just showing a light moving across the sky. Try to watch all the way through and you will definitely be discounting planes, lanterns etc and like me will be questioning what this large, very bright object could have been…….Read on

Filmed 5.25pm on 1st Feb 2015 from Kinlochard, Scotland, looking South South West. Very bright large white (reddish) light moves across sky above hills. Filmed for over fifteen minutes.

This was definitely not a Chinese lantern (too large, too bright and too long in the sky), aircraft (No flight path and too low and slow) or helicopter (would have seen usual flashing green/red lights and heard something but this object was silent plus the way it moved tells me not this type of aircraft). It moved slowly and silently.

So to re-cap, the object was large, was emitting a very bright white light with some red light also seen and looked at times to be pulsating. It moved silently and slowly and although I had filmed it for about fifteen minutes it would have been in the sky for longer but I had only noticed it as I was closing the curtains which is when I began to film.

-Tom Hall

...the second reason is the couple. At about 3:45 the cameraman gets up, goes upstairs, and makes sure his wife sees it too. If you listen carefully you can hear their discussion as they watch the light slowly travel from left to right.

The best part comes at the end (14:00) when he declares to her, “Well, that was a UFO.”, “You have seen a UFO: an Unidentified Flying Object...” and then suggests that they get in the car and chase it. Awesome stuff, ATS.

Here is a map that marks Kinlochard, Scotland from whence Tom Hall captured the light on video.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nah... it's a 4x4 with a rack of flood lights driving slowly yet erratically toward the videographer ...on a glass mountain... or an airplane coming directly towards them with landing lights on flying very, very slowly... or a UFO.

eta and this might not be plasma...as in ball lightening... there seems to be a faint light to one side...red, and it's hard to say, but hints of structure (or the old lens aperture showing). Odd, though... I'd be interested seeing this in my sky.

edit on 2/2/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What really strikes me is that it is close to a perfect square, which seems to perhaps be a tear in space with a lot of energy leaving. To be extremely speculative, is this an artificially created portal? (think like the idea used in "Fringe")

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
What really strikes me is that it is close to a perfect square, which seems to perhaps be a tear in space with a lot of energy leaving. To be extremely speculative, is this an artificially created portal? (think like the idea used in "Fringe")

No disrespect mate.. but wtf are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh goody. Yet another rubbish "ufo" video. I think this makes it number 245,387 ?

And you guys wonder why we mock you. I believe life exists elsewhere in the universe. No yet a single picture or video I have ever seen convinces me that said life is visiting us. And as an avid 39 year old astronomer who has and still does spend hours outside at night (finely saw Lovejoy the other night) ...i have never seen anything that changes my opinion.

I might be as desperate as you guts for first contact but I refuse to take the ridiculous leaps you do.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There are no planes that are that bright and there are no planes that can be observed for that long and seem to be barely moving. The light didn't seem to be getting further or nearer to the videographer, therefore it can be presumed that it was hovering. If it were military, I doubt it would be in that area (idk if there is a base near there), but it would make little sense for a military vehicle to have this bright of a light drawing attention to itself, unless they were trying to hoax something, though they would pick a better area for more sightings if that were the case as well.

There is no earthly explaination for that light as far as I can tell. I live near an airforce base and near two airports. I see handfuls of planes and helicopters daily, and this sighting defys all logical aeronautical sense of what a plane is. I have also witnessed a similar UFO encounter to this on New Years Eve, one that I could not explain to it's brightness and alos color (bright deep orange) that flew low over my neighborhood and didn't have a single sound as it flew directly overhead. Strange things amuck in these parts.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Think a helicopter can be heard at that distance?

Chopper or drone is my best guess. Interesting clip though.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Has anyone discounted a personal drone? A quad with lights perhaps?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Especially seeing the area, I would imagine drone photography/filming is becoming more popular there.

Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

The simple reply is that it is a drone. The square nature of the light could be due to the lens operating at maximum zoom.

A Drone can do all of those things and more and you would not hear a drone at that distance.

A powerful LED light could be seen over that distance.

It really did not do anything other than hover around.

Yes, big drones exist.

P:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

UFO until identified, could be human made, alien made or natural phenomena.

No One is jumping straight to aliens but you...

Ontopic, Kind of interesting...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry, couldn't help it.

In all seriousness, drones are going to just muddy the water more when it comes to ufo videos.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

UFO until identified, could be human made, alien made or natural phenomena.

No One is jumping straight to aliens but you...

Ontopic, Kind of interesting...

Oh please. We sll know that the op is suggesting it's an non earthly ufo.

Even if not....how is this remotely interesting? It's a light moving across the sky.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Oh goody. Yet another rubbish "ufo" video. I think this makes it number 245,387 ?

And you guys wonder why we mock you. I believe life exists elsewhere in the universe. No yet a single picture or video I have ever seen convinces me that said life is visiting us. And as an avid 39 year old astronomer who has and still does spend hours outside at night (finely saw Lovejoy the other night) ...i have never seen anything that changes my opinion.

I might be as desperate as you guts for first contact but I refuse to take the ridiculous leaps you do.

Please share your insight to what this object is then, and offer any information as to why it is hoazxed if that is what you are claiming. It is obviously not a star, nor plane, nor drone, nor helicopter, nor blimp.

I too also spend several hours a day looking to the night sky when I can. I have seen several objects I cannot explain. All within our atmosphere. It does not proof life is visiting from far away galaxies, but it proves to me that there is much beyond what we know. If I could have taken a video of what I saw 2 months ago, I'm sure thousands like you would have called it a hoax, and yet hoaxing a video does not make anyone famous or rich on youtube these days, there is little reason to do it, and to go on with life proclaiming it was in fact real.

They would make more money by claiming they in fact hoaxed it, for the reason that they could fool many people with animation or effects for little or no money at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
Think a helicopter can be heard at that distance?

Chopper or drone is my best guess. Interesting clip though.

There are some military choppers that are amazingly quiet. I don't feel like that is what I'm seeing here.
Possibly a drone that someone has rigged with lights to intentionally fake a UFO.
Outside of those two possibilities I have know idea what this guy is filming.
I can say I have seen similar things more than once.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yes, it is a light, a beautiful light... I wonder what it is, unfortunately we can't tell from the video.

There is nothing more to it until more info or other witnesses.

Until that, it's a guessing game, but at least we got to see it

edit on 2-2-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
Especially seeing the area, I would imagine drone photography/filming is becoming more popular there.

Makes sense.

Seems like noone can get enough of post sunset forest filming

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

There could many reasons, especially scientifically.

One guess is tracking the movement of local animal by local wildlife officials.

Perhaps multiple cameras/devices attached to study the area?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I will tomorrow. In bed now and don't want to disturb the missus. Good night all.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

Good point. True enough that I have watched recently-made docs that followed nocturnal wildlife, followed racoons to watch their territorial patterns in a city, watched coyotes to see where they rested, etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join