It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmares and their significance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, great information everyone! I am learning a lot from this thread

I know for me, talking about things or getting them down on paper (or online) can be a big help! To me, there's a sense of relief with getting thoughts out to others. Its like throwing a message in a bottle to the rest of the world.

Stay strong guys and ladies!

JB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't think anyone in my family, or anyone I know has ever done anything satanic. We bought this house 3 years ago and had it blessed when we moved in. I'm Catholic, we bless everything. They have all been blessed. Crucifixes are above every door except the bathrooms. No religious paintings. I have a niece that played with an Ouija boards a few months ago, bothered her a lot. No knocks or bangs. If I pass day 3 with no sleep I start to see what I call speed demons. Just kinda seeing fast movement out of the corner of my eyes. I assume that's pure sleep deprivation though.

My nightmares are nearly identical, very few variations. I remember well the circumstances that caused the nightmare. What I don't understand is why there was a 7 year time period before they started. I did a sleep study back in 2001. They called it night terror disorder. You are awesome for taking the time to help. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

I don't think anyone in my family, or anyone I know has ever done anything satanic. We bought this house 3 years ago and had it blessed when we moved in. I'm Catholic, we bless everything. They have all been blessed. Crucifixes are above every door except the bathrooms. No religious paintings. I have a niece that played with an Ouija boards a few months ago, bothered her a lot. No knocks or bangs. If I pass day 3 with no sleep I start to see what I call speed demons. Just kinda seeing fast movement out of the corner of my eyes. I assume that's pure sleep deprivation though.

My nightmares are nearly identical, very few variations. I remember well the circumstances that caused the nightmare. What I don't understand is why there was a 7 year time period before they started. I did a sleep study back in 2001. They called it night terror disorder. You are awesome for taking the time to help. Thank you.

Were you in the military as a soldier?

If so did you see any combat.

You still could be experiencing some type of PTSD.

There are meds on the market that help with nightmares. Have you tried these out? Be careful don't take any meds for depression - using them long term are dangerous.

If you haven't been diagnosed with PTSD and if you have tried the different meds to help stop nightmares, then this is starting to sound like a curse.

If you and no other family member are experiencing similiar issues and your pets act normal than it lies within you. Man and woman are flesh, mind and spirit. Healings are not uncommon today.

Seek out Steven Brooks - he is nearby in either North Carolina or Tennessee - He has a healing ministry. Let him lay hands on you and you will be healed. You can contact him at [email protected].

Have faith,

God bless you,

your brother in Christ.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No military for me. I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was 20, about a year after the nightmares started. They wanted to put me on sleep aids and depression meds. I said no to the depression meds, but took the sleep meds thinking I would finally sleep normally. No such luck. Made it way worse. There's no getting away from it while sedated.

Sometimes, if I'm not overly tired I can wake myself when they start. If I'm too tired, there is no escape from it. If there are new meds out now, I haven't heard about them. I haven't talked to a Dr about it in many years. Just accepted it.

Pets and other family members are all unaffected. Except I have a boxer named Alex that sleeps with me. I can tell as soon as I wake how bad I acted out by the look on his face. I appreciate your wonderful advice. I will look into it tonight.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have had many encounters with grotesque and frightening things....

In a recent dream from 2014 I was literally Freddy Kruegered...All i recall is the last 10 seconds .... started off with a beautiful woman sitting on the end of a bed in skimpy lingerie outfit beckoning me to come closer...I did and she grabbed my arms like a vice, her form spiraled(literally shapeshifed) into this gross decyaed zomblie like " thing " and it screamed " Let me in your body!!!" I woke up....Not kidding one little bit...I have those occassionally maybe 1-3 times a year...I do think they are external attacks but they never seem to get anything I can tel leither way...

I never wake up overly tired, physically harmed, or unable to fall back asleep....I also note i do not think about things related to what i experience before i experience these situations....i do not think these are things occurring inside my brain even though we know certain parts of the brai nare active while you dream....I think dreams are 100% spiritual and occur in somne other " place "

These dreams sometimes go the other way too...i have been on top of these creatures beating their face in with my fists as well...It doesn't seem to have any effect on them but i have an ability to fight them it seems or at least resist whatever they attempt to do....They take all sorts of forms, sometimes its just a presence and nothing you see...you are suddenly gripped with terror ( I've had dreams where i entered dark attics in dreams where there is nothing in the room but terror suddenly grips when grips you for no reason you can discern...

Once I was wrapped from feet to neck in essentially a really thick blanket (it was about 3 feet thick)...couldn't move anything but my head...A small demonic looking creature slowly crawled over the edge to look at me..didn't say or do anything...it seemd very cautious of me...once again, i was terrified, then i woke up...

I have all kinds of crazy dream adventures...good and bad....I think we live out our conciousness in other places when we sleep...maybe dozens of other lives...

a reply to: JBurns

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't believe dreams or nightmares are the result of demons inserting thoughts into our heads they are just our inner-most thoughts.

Scientists long ago discovered that higher order primates such as Chimpanzees have REM sleep, the deep sleep that humans have when we dream. Dreams for humans are merely a form of therapy for us to evaluate the events of the day. Many of the nightmares that people have are common to us all; teeth cracking and falling out, being chased, dying and the symbology can be examined to determine your inner thoughts and feelings.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Nightmare cab be out of
Fear
Guilt
An attack

Best to get spiritual. And get some protection

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

No military for me. I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was 20, about a year after the nightmares started. They wanted to put me on sleep aids and depression meds. I said no to the depression meds, but took the sleep meds thinking I would finally sleep normally. No such luck. Made it way worse. There's no getting away from it while sedated.

Sometimes, if I'm not overly tired I can wake myself when they start. If I'm too tired, there is no escape from it. If there are new meds out now, I haven't heard about them. I haven't talked to a Dr about it in many years. Just accepted it.

Pets and other family members are all unaffected. Except I have a boxer named Alex that sleeps with me. I can tell as soon as I wake how bad I acted out by the look on his face. I appreciate your wonderful advice. I will look into it tonight.

According to one of my teachers, Fr. Gabriele Amorth, anytime medication does not effect the body in the way it is prescribed and the body appears to reject the medication than this is one sign of demonic oppression. I have experienced young boys and girls in psychiatric wards who were tied down and injected with powerful Antipsychotic Drugs and nothing happen, of course these kids were under a full demonic possession, - you are not! But when medication does not work so the body and mind can rest - than this is a possible sign.

The mind is a powerful weapon and if the issue is in one's mind then prescribed drugs will always work HOWEVER if the problem is a spiritual problem (which does not make it your fault) prescribed drugs have no effect to the mind or body.

I am not against psychiatric and mental health professionals - many do an excellent job in helping those in need and who have been properly diagnosed with a mental issue HOWEVER most in this line of work fail to realize there is more to it than a human who has a body and mind. Another reason for many wards being full with some paitents where modern medicine does not work because they refuse to believe the problem could also be a spiritual one. Psychiatric and mental health professionals do not know how to treat a spiritual issue because they don't believe man has one...... what they call science. GOOD NEWS though .... some are coming around and are starting to get the church involved. Many have witnessed supernatural healings they can not explain.

The OT and NT is full of miracles. The supernatural that engulfs this globe has not stopped or slowed down at all. Supernatural miracles are happening more now than during the days of Christ and it happens to non believers at a supernatural rate!! God loves to heal non believers! He also loves to heal his children, like you.

There are many holy men and women around the globe that have a REAL healing ministry. Some have even awaken the dead but it requires they lay hands on you - a transference of the power of God to flow from the holy person into your body. You will feel it. Your healing could take minutes, hours, no more than 24 hours or it could be instant but it will work. For those of us who are believers in God it takes faith. It is unfortunate that most churches fail to teach their flock the truth about healings today. Their reasoning is fear because many pastors and church fathers no longer believe so it does not work for them so they rule it out.....doctrine of men.

You probably already know these things and need no teaching. I hope I have not insulted you. I say these things to the readers of this thread with the hope they understand how much God truly loves us all and is nearby waiting to help but there is a formula that must be followed, some would call it a ritual, that must be properly used to get God involved in a specific request that you have. Each request has a different ritual. I am not talking about magik but how to make supernatural miracles in your lives...... proper worship techniques (rituals) to the one true God.

Amen and God bless

edit on 4-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Chronogoblin

That's a very intelligent and thoughtful post imo, I have believed the same thing for many years now. Every time I have a dream like that I do my best just to ignore it and get on with my day. Everything about those kind of dreams seems to be outside of the self, as if it is somehow introduced to the mind by 'someone else' while we are in that vulnerable state of deep sleep. The purpose it seems is to work on our emotions and cause us to doubt ourselves and of course fear the things we have dreamed. I just try to shrug it off.

EXACTLY! The purpose of 'bad dreams' is simple, to hurt you in a way that leaves little physical marks. Little pebbles building up in your life until there is a mountain in front of you. Think about what ONE night's missed sleep means to a person? You don't get a good night's sleep, and it haunts you the whole day. You're just 'not right.' Now this will snowball, one night adds to another, to another, and so on, until your a walking shadow of a person and can no longer function.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Oh man, you are right on with that. I am kind of there right now. And even though I am aware of it I am not necessarily able to avoid letting that mountain build up. Just when I think I'm so smart and that I have it together some unexpected thing will become that mountain in front of me. I've had it almost destroy me. Even at my best I fear I am not much more than a walking shadow of my former self.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nightmares are there for a reason. Your fault if you do not see where they lead.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's a false dichotomy. They can both be true, and I'll tell you they are but I offer no proof.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
One recurring nightmare I have, albeit in different settings, is being trapped in an elevator with a mind of its own. It goes up or down and doesn't respond to the buttons I push. Sometimes I'm alone, other times there are other people with me.

Another theme that frequently appears in my nightmares is being at school, whether it's high school or college, and having an exam I didn't study for, a paper due I didn't write, or a class I forgot to attend all semester.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nightmares are so cruel because they seem so real. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare that passenger airplanes would hurtle from the sky towards me, and I'd have no time to run or hide....basically waiting to die as it falls towards me from the sky.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

That reminds me of a recurring nightmare I had often as a child, but never since. No matter the setting, indoors or outdoors, I would lay on the ground and look up. My sense of gravity would suddenly shift and the floor would become the ceiling and the sky or ceiling the floor. I would be afraid of being let go from the ground and falling down into the sky or onto a high ceiling toward injury or death.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join