It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NLBS is alienating its audience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
What about a mind-map of sorts so show some transparency on the thought process behind the videos?

If you arrive at a different conclusion that what you set out to prove, great. Can we show the process and data along the way?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
a reply to: daaskapital

I hear ya , good point. Yeah it started out in pursuit of conspiracies that were a hot topic of discussion on the forums. Then more and more focused on debunking known BS. So ive lacked interest due to the content . But that is just me. Not saying exposing disinformation is a bad thing but im pretty good at seeing through BS myself and drawing my own conclusions. I know who the charlatans and cons are in the fringe. Would rather hear about more relevant issues from NLSBS. But I dont think it is being unfair or alienating ATS it is trying to balance itself with skepticism. Finding common ground with skepticism. But sometimes a little too much. You cant please everyone. After all ATS is businesses.

edit on 3-2-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM

So you think nlbs is nlbs? I would love to watch that episode. I have watched most of the episodes and I have enjoyed all of them.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:43 PM

originally posted by: projectvxn

They have terrible and unprofessional presentation.

The only video I saw I could only stomach 15 seconds. In that period of time I couldn't count the amount of cursing, poorly conveyed thoughts, and a severe lack of structure.

In other words, its a garbage show and ATS should seriously consider either changing it, or ending it.

I think it is very well spoken and produced. I like how it shoots from the hip and takes no prisoner's. I have not seen many curse words used maybe a few. Are you expecting a college thesis ? It is not MSM it is alternative news. Are you watching the same NLSBS I have been watching ? Have you been watching pewpewdie by mistake ? lol

My only gripe is some of the content but all together best thing on YouTube in a while. The potential is there.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
For a show that is under 14 minutes long it sure does ruffle a lot of feathers.

Just long enough for me to enjoy a drink and a laugh. The last episode has stirred up a real S#!T storm.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:06 PM
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Couldn't agree to that more. I won't deliberately click on it nor read any of it. I also don't like the offensive slogan and ''appeals to aggressive jock types'' illustration. It looks like it belongs on a US football team / hockey jock shirt.

I also think it might be espousing MSM thinking, based on some of the content mentioned on other threads, like a fake ''exposing the BS but not really'' kind of idea. Like the AMA threads where the guests were mostly just saying the stuff MSM says anyway, it wasn't ground breaking, there was never going to be any major reveals or real insight.

edit on 3-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
I like words!

NLBS uses words, like sh$t and bullsh1t, and WTF

Therefore, I don't have to read words, I get to hear them, and they make me giggle.

NLBS is the sh*t!

Whoops, I mean NLBS is sh#t.

What does NLBS tell us that we don't already know? Not much.

After the giggles faded, I quit watching. You can too! I'll show you how for just $1.99/minute.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:31 PM
NLBS really seems to have been russtling some jimmies. Im going to have to check out the last few episodes and see what all the controversy is about.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM

What I don't like is that every time one comes out, it automatically makes top headline. I wonder if that is due to genuine demand - flags and stars, or if they just manipulate it to give it as many stars and flags as they want, which is what I suspect. On the other hand, it is their site. They can do whatever they want.

After being here for a while, it confuses me what the views and motives of the managers/owners of this site are.. they do not seem to be in accord with the sort of attitude of those who genuinely and objectively would like to uncover truth, or pursue what is 'right'; that is not their objective. Maybe the main objective is a successful business.

Their video articles seem to use the 'amusement' angle to gain viewers, turning some serious subjects into objects of amusement.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:41 AM

I don't trust NLBS

Seems like agenda driven rather than search for truth

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:29 AM
a reply to: nOraKat

I tend to watch the new ones the moment I realise they have been released. I doubt I am the only one. That may explain why they become top subjects, assuming enough of us do the same thing!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:48 AM
The biggest gripe I have about NLBS is how it tends to pick and choose sides on a given topic, and then spins the information in a way to support its opinion.

Like another member posted in this thread, it borderlines propaganda and even insinuates that some of the sites users are stupid, so I can understand why people would feel alienated by it.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM

originally posted by: Konduit
The biggest gripe I have about NLBS is how it tends to pick and choose sides on a given topic,

Yes, we do that. We pick "a side" based on truth and reality, driven by extensive research.

and even insinuates that some of the sites users are stupid, so I can understand why people would feel alienated by it.

When it appears we're doing that, it's directed at the broader populace. The show is not directed to ATS users, but is an ATS-inspired show intended for a much broader audience.

With that in mind, here's the opening lines from the script of the show in production right now…

I’m Joe, Today on NLBS we jump, with both feet, firmly into New World Order conspiracy theories!

Last week we learned that the UK government feels that their over-taxed surveillance state that wants to ban digital encryption and police your thoughts isn't going far enough in thumping a heavy hand on the backs of it citizens…

The next show is based on a viewer-submitted video.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

And I for one cannot wait to hear what Joe has to say about the absolute nonsense going on in my nations halls of power at the moment.

Looking forward to the release of that video!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit

You're going to need more stout.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
A reply to: SkepticOverlord

Well, since I've never listened to any other ATS show (and you have zero reason to believe I have) I've not heard any of that. I've also never participated in any NLBS threads aside from trying to watch maybe 3 of the videos. I'm not a big fan so I just don't take part. My only complaint was what I said, the perceived double standard. But if it apples to everyone there's no problem from my end.
edit on 2 4 2015 by MDpvc because: Replies wrong

edit on 2 4 2015 by MDpvc because: Again!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
Double post.
edit on 2 4 2015 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
It doesn't matter how they frame the show, every group of people will have some type of conformation bias. Some of us prefer debunking. I'm not in favor of protecting people from the possibility of being wrong.

I don't get being bothered by disagreement. The offended should make a video of their own, and sway people to their side of the argument.

What's the point in crying foul?

If you like a Meet The Press level of "professionalism" that's fine, I do too, but I also enjoy hearing people like George Carlin and Bill Hicks cuss their way through life. NLBS has a long way to go before it can begin to sniff Carlin's ball sack, but there is enough room for different formats. Who says important issues can only be discussed one way?

edit on 5-2-2015 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
Zealously defending a conspiracy against all information to the contrary is a function of faith, not skepticism and is the utter antithesis of denying ignorance, which I believe is the underpinning philosophy of this site.

The path to the truth requires one to look through propaganda, skewed statistics, logical fallacies and cultural assumptions to find the best information available. It doesn't matter what I do or don't want to believe, I have to accept what is and what is not supported in the evidenced and what is not. Any real conspiracy the truth will out if we don't muddy the inquiry with rigidly held beliefs or pre determined conclusions.

Holding fast to an unsupportable claim merely takes energy away from researching real smoking guns.

The truth has no agenda and neither (if I'm grokking correctly) does ATS or NLBS. NLBS is the closest thing I've seen to ethical journalism in some time. Really though what's not to love about a Thor lookalike dropping knowledge and supporting free speech and unbiased media. Shut up and take my money I hope it remains a thing.

That being said it's very Voltaire of the owners here to allow folks to insult them on a platform they created, and this should give it's members an idea of just how seriously they take our rights to free speech.

I wouldn't wanna be here if the truth and free inquiry weren't welcome.
edit on 5-2-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:46 AM
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is one thing to have a video you have to click on to watch and entirely another to have the words immortalised on the screen.

So you're suggesting that threads that get 404'd are immortalized in ATS heaven?
That a new one for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>